[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

15 hours ago, Nathangun said:

Just wondering, what terrain mod is used on the screenshot RealismOverhaul wiki page?

The original RVE. There was a PQS Terrain Manager shipped with the pre-KSP 1.0 versions of EVE that allowed the addition of detail texture(s) to the main PQS texture. Unfortunately, this feature is now broken.

Kopernicus allows the addition of PQS detail textures but:

• They are overlaid over the main PQS texture in "additive" and not "overwrite" mode (meaning that the main PQS texture is still very visible).
  • They do not work in Scaled Space. Granted, SS is completely different than PQS but EVE allowed the PQS textures to be seen from orbit.

<rant>Someone has to bug Waz to check if he can fix/revive it in EVE. It is a really nice feature and has not been implemented by any other similar mods. The detail that it adds to the Earth surface is unmatched.</rant>

Random Question: 

Is there a way to modify the CFG files for RO to default the physical models of the parts back to their original sizes while leaving the values they have RO'd?  

I ask for two reasons, 1: Other parts for Mk3 expansions, tanks and things do not match and they don't always have a TweakScale module.  Used RSS before RO and managed ok without the size changes there.  

2:  When I go to do EVAs, the Kerbals look incredulously small.  I am going to try and do some fun videos that might be a little historical stock-a-like, and want the EVA activities to match up, with reference to the size of the ships they're clinging too.

(or...is there a way to make Kerbals on EVA bigger to match)
Cheers!

Edited by Bosun

On 5/13/2017 at 1:11 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

Whats the relase of ksp1.3

The next version of Kerbal Space Program (currently at 1.2.2, but the next is probably going to be 1.3). As for when that happens: So far as I have been able to tell, nobody knows.

FAR seems to have given up waiting for 1.3 and just released a new version for 1.2.2 (yay to all of us who were waiting for this!).

If you want RO, you will just have to make due with the dev version for 1.2.2 right now and install manually.

1 hour ago, F1RacerDan said:

Please tell me this won't effect RO. I've literally only just got a working install of 1.2 :(

Don't update your install then. Staying with 1.2.2 is safe at this time. 

AFAICT updating mods to 1.3 should not be this much of a hassle compared to 1.2 but getting all dependencies updated takes another good amount of time. 

Edited by Theysen

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v11.5.0

v11.5.0 for KSP 1.2.2

* Compatibility of the J-2 with the EMRController mod
* New airplane cockpits, improvements/fixes to existing ones
* CommNet support, RT improvements
* Improvements to SSTU compatibility, configs, plumes
* Added compatibility for CoatlAerospace Probes & GroundOps, many parts
* Compatibility with Raidernick's B330
* Added/improved compatibilty for RealEngines (v1.5)
* Many more engines configured for TestFlight, such as the Star 37 and J-2
* Add a config for the RD-100
* Updated the Titan engine thrust and ISP values
* Fix the early Atlas engine thrust and ISP values
* Fix the pricing on the H-1 series engines
* Fix the KK pack Falcon 1 part names for changes to base mod
* Additions to Kestrel and rd-0242 engines configs
* Corrected the leonardo ISS module mass
* Support for CxAerospace station parts
* Various additions to Raidernick configs including, fregat plume fix, LRO and LADEE probe additions, briz-m and zenit block d additions, lk lander new engines, dnepr third stage fixes and several other plume related fixes.
Thanks to ctiberious, ec429, AlphaMike741, PhineasFreak, ShimmyTheJJ, Raidernick, assassinacc, AnticlockwisePropeller, rsparkyc and pap1723 for all contributions this release.

This should hit CKAN sometime in the next day. Keep your copies of KSP 1.2.2 around!

Edited by stratochief66

14 minutes ago, stratochief66 said:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v11.5.0

v11.5.0 for KSP 1.2.2

* Compatibility of the J-2 with the EMRController mod
* New airplane cockpits, improvements/fixes to existing ones
* CommNet support, RT improvements
* Improvements to SSTU compatibility, configs, plumes
* Added compatibility for CoatlAerospace Probes & GroundOps, many parts
* Compatibility with Raidernick's B330
* Added/improved compatibilty for RealEngines (v1.5)
* Many more engines configured for TestFlight, such as the Star 37 and J-2
* Add a config for the RD-100
* Updated the Titan engine thrust and ISP values
* Fix the early Atlas engine thrust and ISP values
* Fix the pricing on the H-1 series engines
* Fix the KK pack Falcon 1 part names for changes to base mod
* Additions to Kestrel and rd-0242 engines configs
* Corrected the leonardo ISS module mass
* Support for CxAerospace station parts
* Various additions to Raidernick configs including, fregat plume fix, LRO and LADEE probe additions, briz-m and zenit block d additions, lk lander new engines, dnepr third stage fixes and several other plume related fixes.
Thanks to ctiberious, ec429, AlphaMike741, PhineasFreak, ShimmyTheJJ, Raidernick, assassinacc, AnticlockwisePropeller, rsparkyc and pap1723 for all contributions this release.

This should hit CKAN sometime in the next day. Keep your copies of KSP 1.2.2 around!

HOLY CRAP YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edited by Combatsmithen

1 hour ago, stratochief66 said:

v11.5.0 for KSP 1.2.2

Crikey its the motherlode! Thx Strat and RO team :

1 hour ago, stratochief66 said:

ctiberious, ec429, AlphaMike741, PhineasFreak, ShimmyTheJJ, Raidernick, assassinacc, AnticlockwisePropeller, rsparkyc and pap1723

Thanks folks! RO/RP-0 is such a monumental piece of work.

I follow your github activity with interest. Fold in a snapshot to my game directories every so often. Good stuff.

I wonder how many future rocket engineers will have their careers seeded by an encounter with RO?

Can someone please help, I'm super frustrated right now after trying to get RO to run again for an hour:

I managed to start the game, get into my save, everything fine. But when I go to the VAB/Hangar, I cannot switch to another part category. No button on the left side does anything, it always stays the same, showing capsules only. log says this:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Contains (Int32 classID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartModuleList.Contains (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart.GetModuleCost (Single stdCost, ModifierStagingSituation sit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part.GetModuleCosts (Single defaultCost, ModifierStagingSituation sit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartList.<currentPartSorting>m__A9 (.AvailablePart r1, .AvailablePart r2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RUIutils+FuncComparer`1[AvailablePart].Compare (.AvailablePart x, .AvailablePart y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.compare[AvailablePart] (.AvailablePart value1, .AvailablePart value2, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.qsort[AvailablePart,AvailablePart] (.AvailablePart[] keys, .AvailablePart[] items, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.Sort[AvailablePart,AvailablePart] (.AvailablePart[] keys, .AvailablePart[] items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as InvalidOperationException: The comparer threw an exception.
  at System.Array.Sort[AvailablePart,AvailablePart] (.AvailablePart[] keys, .AvailablePart[] items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.Sort[AvailablePart] (.AvailablePart[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AvailablePart].Sort (IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartList.RefreshPartList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartList.Refresh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartList.Refresh (State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer+<UpdateDaemon>c__Iterator129.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Any clue what that might be caused by?

If it helps, this is my mod list:

Spoiler

YtiWXue.png

Edited by Temeter

26 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

It is probably Procedural Parts. What version do you have installed?

Damnit, I looked through that entry, how did i miss that obvious part :confused:

It's 1.1.3 version, with a community fix. Worked in my older RO 1.2 install, which I've just now upgraded to newer RO&etc.

Looking at it, Starwaster had an updated version in april gonna get it and report back ~

--------------------

edit: Yep, that's been the issues, goess it was too obvious. Thanks a lot mate! <3

Edited by Temeter

hey guys,

i just installed ksp 1.2 via CKAN and when i start the game the game loads but when it hits the squad folder the game crashes. I've been looking for the reason it crashed in the output log but i can't figure out what the problem is. i hope you guys can help me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw904_cO3bhvRFE2N1Y4UnNHMVE?usp=sharing

@ kerboman25

Hi, i had the same issue yesterday. i my case it was ckan installing the 1.3 version of KIS in my 1.2.2 RO Install. After going back to the right version it worked fine