[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

2 hours ago, AlekM said:

Hi. I installed 1.2.2 with the spreadsheet mods. I'm getting a gyro Kraken on my space station :/ any ideas on how to deal with that? It looks as if it all starts with the solar panels attached to a cubic strut.

Which spreadsheet of mods did you use?

That one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_dhwSioZODCCtMFD0kZOtbmbg--ryoE0nzoWJL2cRc/edit#gid=0

Also RealFuels does all sorts of weird stuff, like You set one type of fuel in the VAB, only to find out later that it got somehow reconfigured to something else.

EDIT: Although I do admit that I installed RealFuel's through CKAN, and now I see that it wasn't the latest version

Edited by AlekM
ckan vs reality

On 22/4/2017 at 5:11 PM, Deltathiago98 said:

Hi, It's me. Again :/ I was playing very well with the dev. version, and one day I boot up the game, everything was going well, but when I load the save, all went black, the Alarm Clock and the Kerbal Construction Time GUI appears OK. I can warp time with no problem. But the screen is all black and in the right down corner appears the Loading "Kerbol System" icon and I wait but nothing...
Here's the log https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt2gxn6gi2hzfyr/KSP.log?dl=0 
Please Help me :wink:

:D:rolleyes: lol I figure out the problem, it was a kopernicus problem, somehow it get messed up. I just deleted and re-installed and all works fine again. :D

I've reinstalled KSP, AJE and Realism Overhaul itself twice now and I'm still getting this error in the console when loading:

Error: Module ModuleEnginesAJEJet threw during OnLoad:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SolverEngines.ModuleEnginesSolver.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

At this point the game stops loading and won't progress. I'm running AJE 2.8.0, Realism Overhaul v11.4.1, and KSP 1.2.2 x64. Other than that I have all the required mods for RO and ModularFlightIntegrator. 

Any ideas whatsoever? About to give up on this, my 1.1.3 install was working for a while but then broke when I tried to replace TAC with USI LS, and I've been unable to get a working install in 1.2.2 since.

Edited by Jodo42

Here is a repository of files shared on my Dropbox. It is an assortment of PDF and other types of files that has information about real rockets, studies, engines, etc.

Use it for information and please add your own documents to it to help grow our knowledge base.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tiyiwtppywu2doj/AABugzxHsAmkt1SSsdK9LVgqa?dl=0

21 hours ago, wb99999999 said:

Would it be possible to get configs for HG-3 or J-2 Sea Level? I know one can always make a config for himself, but I feel like leaving this to the pros especially since these are non-production models and the parameter are to be researched.

I would assume it would be easy to copy those from 1.1.3 if you compare the config files?

I'm tempted to take a look at it and make those configs for 1.2 if they exist for 1.1.3.  I've fiddled with engine configs for 1.1.3.

21 hours ago, Nittany Tiger said:

I would assume it would be easy to copy those from 1.1.3 if you compare the config files?

I'm tempted to take a look at it and make those configs for 1.2 if they exist for 1.1.3.  I've fiddled with engine configs for 1.1.3.

Unfortunately these were not included in the default RO config to start with. Otherwise it would be very easy to copy and paste, even for a dumb person like me...

I wonder if those stats are available on a site like Astronautica?  Like if you're wanting the stats for a ground-start J-2, that site would have them.  Same with HG-3.  Either way, creating the configuration for them would be just adding to the existing configuration file I would think.

I really want to take a look at it once I get my laptop back and see if I can't create those configuration files you want myself.

On 4/24/2017 at 5:18 PM, Jodo42 said:

I've reinstalled KSP, AJE and Realism Overhaul itself twice now and I'm still getting this error in the console when loading:

At this point the game stops loading and won't progress. I'm running AJE 2.8.0, Realism Overhaul v11.4.1, and KSP 1.2.2 x64. Other than that I have all the required mods for RO and ModularFlightIntegrator. 

Any ideas whatsoever? About to give up on this, my 1.1.3 install was working for a while but then broke when I tried to replace TAC with USI LS, and I've been unable to get a working install in 1.2.2 since.

Partial list doesn't help much; can you list all the mods you have, or give a Gamedata screenshot? Could be missing CRP for example.

I tried asking this in the TestFlight thread but it doesn't seem very active. Maybe you can help me here.

I'm trying to instal a RO RP-0 in 1.13

It's freezing part way through loading. I'm getting an error:

"ModuleManager: 14559 patches applied, found 6 errors

6 errors related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/TestFlightRnD.cfg"

RealismOverhaul-v11.3

TestFlightCore-1.7.1.0.beta-1

This is the TestFlightRnD.cfg file:

// Set the global TF RnD settings
TFRNDSETTINGS
{
    updateFrequency = 86400
    TEAM
    {
        points = 10.0
        costFactor = 1
    }
    TEAM
    {
        points = 12.5
        costFactor = 1.5
    }
    TEAM
    {
        points = 15.0
        costFactor = 2
    }
}

// After pass: fix up RnD
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[TestFlightCore]]:AFTER[zTestFlight]
{
    @MODULE[TestFlightCore],*
    {
        rndMaxData = 2500
        rndCost = #$../entryCost$
        @rndCost *= 0.00001
        @rndCost += 0.15

tmp = #$../entryCost$
        @tmp != 0.25
        rndRate = 6
        @rndRate /= #$tmp$
        !tmp = DEL
    }
}

All required mods by RO and RP-o installed. I've tried a couple of times. At first I tried with the most current mods. Then I tried again by going back and trying to find versions of all mods compatible with 1.13 thinking that there might be a loss of compatibility with newer mods for 1.22 but I'm still locking up with listing 6 errors in the cfg file for TestFlight. I'd like to try to play this the RP-0 progression and seem to be stuck in 1.13 for that. Help would be appreciated. 

Lee

I'm not sure what to post. It's not booting so It's not generating a crash file or any thing like that. I thought I'd fond the problem. I had not installed a texture for real solar system. I have now installed 2048 but it still locks up at the same point in loading. 

Lee

6 hours ago, RiggerLee said:

It's not booting so It's not generating a crash file or any thing like that.

A log file is always created, even if KSP crashes after 1 second. It will be placed under your KSP installation folder (e.g. "KSP.log" or "Player.log").

For more information about how to submit the required files:

Sorry to be slow replying I had to drive back and forth to Austin yesterday.

Fond the Log file or at least I think this is what you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/output_log.txt?_subject_uid=669882255&w=AACyfD2WQQ3iRvpjLC1TzNqLUXhalYzJxhd954_JxXjZXg

I have not used drop box before. hopefully that worked.

As I said those errors in MM pop up and then it just freezes in the load. I wish I could be more helpful. And I thank you for your patience with me.

Lee

This is an rather old bug, but it is still present and I do not know if it is already reported.

Bug is visual only: The plume for the AESTUS II engine is placed in front of the engine, not behind.

vLtyyH3.png

Edited by Carraux

2 hours ago, Carraux said:

This is an rather old bug, but it is still present and I do not know if it is already reported.

Bug is visual only: The plume for the AESTUS II engine is placed in front of the engine, not behind.

vLtyyH3.png

also have this issue with some engines.

19 minutes ago, GenryRar said:

also have this issue with some engines.

3 hours ago, Carraux said:

Best procedure would be to open SmokeScreen via Blizzy's Toolbar and tweak the Plume positions on the go, it's very simple once you got the grip out of it as you instantly see your change. When you're happy with that you can save the config and PR it on the RO- Github and get involved if you like :)

Anyways, noted and likely to open an issue in the next days - unless you help us :)

@Carraux, @GenryRar, @Theysen I have made some general fixes for this engine, mainly porting it to the global engine config system and tweaking it's size (although for the latter i will have to get some feedback), including the plume fixes.

You can grab the changes (PR) from the main RO repository.

Edit: @RiggerLee Your DropBox link is private so i cannot view the log.

Edited by Phineas Freak