[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Well my loading problem is solved i manualy downloaded the 1.2.2 versions of Community rescource pack, firespitter and semi-saturable reaction wheels and now it works so to the people that don't find there problem this might solve it.

And wow do i love al the new engine and part textures <3 Thank you to the whole rss community/contributers

Edited by kerboman25

2 hours ago, kerboman25 said:

Now that the loading problem is fixed i've got a problem with my rcs they don't work when i select the right fuel :/

1) Fuel tank is pressurized? 

2) They are staged or enabled via Right-Click-Menu in the flight scene?

3) What kind of fuel tank are you using? Some need to have crossfeed enabled in the VAB

Cheers

2 hours ago, kerboman25 said:

Now that the loading problem is fixed i've got a problem with my rcs they don't work when i select the right fuel

IMHO it seems that several mods don't "accept" or recognize RCSFX but "good old default RCS" does well.
Perhaps it has something to do with that.
Two days ago I also had quirks using RCS on gravity turn with "Fore on throttle" activated as an ullage helper, some exceptions were thrown about RO ...

But because people decided to be annoyed by me and ignore me I just didn't post another "complain"...

6 hours ago, Theysen said:

1) Fuel tank is pressurized? 

2) They are staged or enabled via Right-Click-Menu in the flight scene?

3) What kind of fuel tank are you using? Some need to have crossfeed enabled in the VAB

The tanks that i'm using are proceduraltanks and are presurized these are connected via fuel ducts to the ship. They are also ennabled via staging so i don't know what im doing wrong but there might be something odd if you look in the link i have a picture of it i don't know if it's normal.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw904_cO3bhvRFE2N1Y4UnNHMVE

6 minutes ago, kerboman25 said:

The tanks that i'm using are proceduraltanks and are presurized these are connected via fuel ducts to the ship. They are also ennabled via staging so i don't know what im doing wrong but there might be something odd if you look in the link i have a picture of it i don't know if it's normal.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw904_cO3bhvRFE2N1Y4UnNHMVE

Then the usual please,

output log, module manager cache and a screenshot of your GameData folder please. :)

Wondering if anybody here has had any success at all running RO using KSP 1.3? I've been getting nothing but crashes from the loading screen, and I'm using the most up to date versions of the base mods (I've also tested with the master of RO)
crash output stuffs:

5PvCReM.png

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0wFlC6udXf5dUF5amhvU3RWeDQ?usp=sharing

@KAO yes but you need to recompile/update most of the dependencies installed manually:

• EngineGroupController
  • Real Fuels
  • RealismOverhaul
  • RealSolarSystem
  • SolverEngines

Also, you are missing the rest of the dependencies:

• Advanced Jet Engine
  • Community Resource Pack
  • FAR
  • Real Heat
  • Real Plume
  • SmokeScreen

And remove mods that are conflicting with other mods:

• Modular Fuel Tanks

Just did a complete install from scratch.

Unzip KSP 1.2.2

CKAN Realism Overhaul and all recommended mods

Add RSS and RSSVE and Scatterer

EVA kerbal on launchpad and he explodes due to overheating?

Hi!

I'm having issues with antenna modules on most of Raidernick's probes, both US and Soviet ones.

They either extend their antennae immediately after placing, with no option to retract them, or they cannot be extended. In both cases, the contect menu lacks any extend or retract buttons.

Anyone else encountered such behaviour?

Not sure if its a general config error or something borked out on my end.

Running a whole RO 1.2.2 kit. The stuff that's available and officially advertized as 'working'.

@Phineas Freak

Here the log: (~12MB!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QoFtOsM0n-bWV3bTdyWEVBcGM/view?usp=sharing

What I did:

I started the game, loaded the savegame, went into the VAB and picked and placed a Molniya-1, which immediately extended its solar panels and antennae and I opened its context menu.

Then I deleted it, exited the VAB, left the game and closed KSP.

What is really the issue is that I just installed RO with CKAN and all dependencies and I cannot get a connection. I have used RO for many years just took a 6 month break and after installations with the latest version I am having this issue just looking for a RT config file

@h0yer So, there are some things going wrong here:

Critical Stuff:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\...

First rule when you are modding KSP: you never mod a Steam installation. Instead, you copy the KSP folder somewhere outside the SteamApps folder and run KSP from there. If you don't then:

[ERR 15:30:00.862] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:30:00.863] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 15:30:00.867] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'DeadlyReentry': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

You will end up with deprecated and/or conflicting files/assemblies, much like the KSPUtil.dll above (was merged with other assemblies in KSP 1.2). This will break a ton of stuff.

Not So Critical Stuff:

Then, we have old and incompatible assemblies:

[ERR 15:30:00.867] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'DeadlyReentry': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry' from assembly 'DeadlyReentry, Version=7.4.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DeadlyReentry.DeadlyReentryScenario' from assembly 'DeadlyReentry, Version=7.4.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The 7.4.7.0 version of DRE is only compatible with KSP 1.1.3. There is an updated version (7.5.0.0) for KSP 1.2(.2) here: https://github.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/releases

The rest of the log is clean. I guess that if you recreate your installation with a clean install of KSP 1.2.2 everything will be fine.

@Phineas Freak

Thanks for taking the time!

I really had no idea about the KSP-Steamfolder issue, but I will switch to using an external non-steam folder in the future...

The wrong DRE version obviously is my error, since I manually downloaded it, shame on me^^ (thx for linking it)

Well, I guess I'll reinstall KSP, move it away from steam, move the mods as well and report back...