[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

In addition I realised that I cant even click on the orbits and restarting doesnt help.

And if I remember correctly normaly it needed a double click on an body to focus it now it focuses it even if I only do one click.

And right now I saw that it doesnt even show me in which soi I am so I am sure that theres something broken D:

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/gallery/xgvUG

Edited by Unieax

I really hope this gets updated for 1.3.1 since, lets face it, 1.3.1 will likely drop before RO 1.3.  I have never had to the chance to play realism overhaul, because since I have been playing KSP its always been for the old version. I cant wait to bring a real size "BFR" rocket into realism overhaul, but refuse to do so if I cant play with it. As I play the most updated version of games, under most circumstances, just like 98% of the people in this world. I'm just sayin, but if this mod was up to date my SpaceX mod would be made for this, not stock. You guys are missing out on all the new stuff playing with the old stuff. 

And reverting back to 1.2.2 is nothing but a pain in the butt since 1.3. I keep all my 1.2.2 mods stored in separate folders, and I still always get a mono crash. I have tried re-downloading the mods using the legacy 1.2.2 files. Still received a mono crash. In fact, I reverted the day it came out on 1.3 and it crashed due to a mono issue. Some how it worked the day before the update  while it was still 1.2.2 though?

I am having a problem with the Saturn v craft that comes with the mod, the lunar module adapter fairings wont separate  from the rest of the craft also the command and service module also wont separate from the rocket is there any way to fix this in game or using a mod? 

Edited by kspplayer100

15 hours ago, sam_milne said:

will this work in 1.3?

No

15 hours ago, sam_milne said:

will this work in 1.3?

And btw asking Mod owner To know the Version of the mod that in download willwork the version you used is an absolute Rude.

I learn that A couple Month ago

Edited by Mukita12

Hello.

Is it possible to also have the 'tooling' function, where reusing the same parts again becomes cheaper over time, as a separate mod?
The intention is that while RO is difficult to move into 1.3 and then into 1.3.1, perhaps this much smaller part of it, which is applicable to non-RO saves, can be updated. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

Hello.

Is it possible to also have the 'tooling' function, where reusing the same parts again becomes cheaper over time, as a separate mod?
The intention is that while RO is difficult to move into 1.3 and then into 1.3.1, perhaps this much smaller part of it, which is applicable to non-RO saves, can be updated. 

Thanks.

I think that 'tooling function' came from the 'Kerbal Construction Time' mod, now split into the scrapyard mod, iirc.

copy your current install to a new place and change the steam install version to 1.2.2

I never play from the actual steam folder. I have tried likely five times to no avail. Around a month ago I gave it one last try. I reverted to 1.2.2, copied the files into a designated folder, downloaded the legacy 1.2.2 mods, was hit with mono.dll crash.

As I said my 1.2.2 install never worked after the 1.3 update. I was actually ticked. I was playing a save game, came home one day and found KSP had updated. I reverted to 1.2.2 so I didn't have to re-download my mods, crash due to mono error. The game worked the day before?.?.?.?

I asked about it on the forums, to no avail. I still see people posting about mono crashes to this date. I never experienced a mono crash before the update to 1.3. This is likely my favorite game ever, but squad really dropped the ball on the 1.3 update. Its kinda understandable why RO didn't want to mess around with it.

I still have 1.2.2 mod folders from before 1.3 was released. I have put those mods into 1.2.2- hit with mono.dll

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Then, you can just learn to recompile 1.2.2 mods for 1.3

Are you insinuating that I re-compile RO, who is maintained by an entire group of people? Or are you saying I should recompile mods that have already been re-compiled to 1.3? Both would be entirely pointless, considering the RO guys will definitely finish before I could even touch the surface of said recompile. 

Edited by harrisjosh2711

CKAN ain't allowing me to install RO. Is that because RO isn't 1.3?
(Yes I gave up on getting my old  save to work and am trying to do it the CKAN way now.)

Basically CKAN isn't giving me the options to check the RO box. Did I miss something?

Fire

28 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

CKAN ain't allowing me to install RO. Is that because RO isn't 1.3?
(Yes I gave up on getting my old  save to work and am trying to do it the CKAN way now.)

Basically CKAN isn't giving me the options to check the RO box. Did I miss something?

Fire

No, you gave yourself the answer. RealismOverhaul must be installed into a fresh 1.2.2 for CKAN to work. 1.3 is not supported at this time, so it is not compatible to 1.3

3 minutes ago, Theysen said:

No, you gave yourself the answer. RealismOverhaul must be installed into a fresh 1.2.2 for CKAN to work. 1.3 is not supported at this time, so it is not compatible to 1.3

Ahhh bummer. Downgrading time. Thanks for the confirmation.

Fire

And with CKAN, do not install Raidernick's mod : it will install the KSP 1.3 version.
So you have to install them manually by downloading the right version from his github repository.

I suggest for all people that have issues in installing RO to proceed by steps, and to test and make a backup of the Game Data folder between each of them :

1. Install a fresh KSP 1.2.2 install.
  2. Install RSS
  3. Install RO
  4. Install RP-0 (recommended)
  5. Install RSSVE (also recommended)
  6. Install RO/RP-0 recommended/suggested mods

Create a new sandbox career to test if the previous installed mods are working.

Edited by hargn
Why to not add RSSVE

18 minutes ago, hargn said:

And with CKAN, do not install Raidernick's mod : it will install the KSP 1.3 version.
So you have to install them manually by downloading the right version from his github repository.

I suggest for all people that have issues in installing RO to proceed by steps, and to test and make a backup of the Game Data folder between each of them :

1. Install a fresh KSP 1.2.2 install.
  2. Install RSS
  3. Install RO
  4. Install RP-0 (recommended)
  5. Install RSSVE (also recommended)
  6. Install RO/RP-0 recommended/suggested mods

Create a new sandbox career to test if the previous installed mods are working.

Please elaborate what exact mods by @raidernick don't work in 1.2.2 via a CKAN install. Last time I installed his suite into 1.2.2 (maybe 1,5 weeks ago it worked without issue). 

I though I had issues with las revision of RN mods so that I installed them manually.
Then I just looked up on last release's manifests and they tell that they should work with KSP 1.2.2 and 1.3.

So apologize, I'll install the last version and check if they work.

Edited by hargn

Hey, where should I post an issue with a Realism Overhaul Config? I've discovered a problem with the DECQ R7 (part of the Above the Sky pack). The two vernier engines that control pitch are still using Oxidizer and Liquid Fuel, which makes the second stage uncontrollable.

I'm trying to install the RO suite of mods plus Principia on 1.2.2, and every time I attempt to start the game, it crashes at the end of MM config. For a split second before the game crashes, it shows the following in the window:

ModuleManager: 11465 patches applied, encountered 2 exceptions
1 error related to GameData/DeadlyReentry/DeadlyReentry.cfg
1 error related to GameData/RealismOverhaul/RealismOverhaul_Global_Config.cfg

When I look through the logs, I can't find anything relevant to these errors. Also, I've tried browsing through the forums for a similar error, and I found something that was related to RealFuels configs being horribly broken. I tried most of the 1.2.2 versions of RealFuels to no avail.

I am running this in a separate folder from the Steam install.

Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0IgJepV2oR-LVNzZDVRbkYxMzA

For those requesting 1.3 update, it is work but some have it running.  I'll ask awang to post his .dll's for critical things.

KSP RO Debugging (AKA: The Golden Spreadsheet) Mk1.3

Or you can go look at the PR's in critical mods for submitted .dll's.

as an example https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/pull/1775

Edited by Bornholio