[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

On 11/7/2017 at 3:17 PM, jrodriguez said:

After lift off,  the rocket starts to rotate more and more. It seems like the gimbal is making it to rotate? Have you ever experienced something similar?

Yes, lowering gimbal is usually a good thing, also I find control surfaces can be lowered a lot of authority. This is a real world problem also

One place I notice it a lot is with a-9 engines, the twr is generally high because the burn time is not long enough to increase the fuel fraction any higher and the craft will do a pitch buck if gimbals and CA is not turned down.  Verniers can help or hurt.

If the Control loop in KSP could be tuned we could solve the problem relative to FAR and other RO changes.

@Wallygator Put a github issue up for it and describe it carefully, give any supporting information and if you want add any changes you made as examples.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using KER with RO (KSP 1.2.2 + RSS + RO)? How u solve problem when KER shows (and calc ofc) wrong mass?

or atleast MechJeb... It also shows me wrong masses

ADDED:

ok im find solution for VAB - just remove all kerbals while u building

Edited by GenryRar

On 11/11/2017 at 9:34 PM, Abpilot said:

is this going to be 1.3 compatible or staying 1.2.2

On 11/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, JohnMcLane said:

On 11/26/2017 at 6:12 PM, Remy said:

Will there ever be an update to 1.3.1?

Work is in progress as you can see in the reply on the very same page as your comment.

Using available parts, is there any way to reduce the boil off of LH2 and LOX?  I know there really isn't a way to negate boil off completely (short of cheating which I'm not asking about) but are there any parts that can be used to reduce it?  Like heat sinks or anything like that?  Or is just strictly dependent on type of tank you use?

1 hour ago, chrisl said:

Using available parts, is there any way to reduce the boil off of LH2 and LOX?  I know there really isn't a way to negate boil off completely (short of cheating which I'm not asking about) but are there any parts that can be used to reduce it?  Like heat sinks or anything like that?  Or is just strictly dependent on type of tank you use?

SSTU has a "Upgrade" (can be unlocked in the techtree) for its ModularFuelTank (Active Isolation or something like this), if i remember correctly, thats what you looking for.

Edit:

In the tank cfg there is a Upgrade available, so if RO dont cancel that and i remember seeing that unlock in the RO-Techtree, you have an option.

UPGRADE
        {
            name__ = SSTU-VCMod-LightweightZeroBoiloff
        }

Edited by JohnMcLane

34 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

SSTU has a "Upgrade" (can be unlocked in the techtree) for its ModularFuelTank (Active Isolation or something like this), if i remember correctly, thats what you looking for.

Edit:

In the tank cfg there is a Upgrade available, so if RO dont cancel that and i remember seeing that unlock in the RO-Techtree, you have an option.

UPGRADE
        {
            name__ = SSTU-VCMod-LightweightZeroBoiloff
        }

Is that actually compatible with Real Fuels? I thought it would only work with SSTU’s fuel tank module.

2 hours ago, chrisl said:

I remember sometime ago. Procedural Parts (with RF and RO) had several configs for different types of tanks like : Cryogenic, Balloon, etc.. each one with different dry masses and boil off rates. Not sure why these configs are not there anymore  - Only Structural and Fuselage tanks can be selected at the moment.

Edited by jrodriguez

4 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Is that actually compatible with Real Fuels? I thought it would only work with SSTU’s fuel tank module.

Thats actually true, you would need to write a sstu.cfg for realfuels, maybe there is one with something like this:

@PART[SSTU-SC-TANK-MFT-*]:FOR[RealFuels]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = .....
        type = .....
    }
}

But iam no expert on that....

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

Uhm that is strange. I'm using KSP 1.3 with latest version of everything and I only have Fuselage & Structural 

I'm still playing 1.2.2.  I haven't tried updating to 1.3 or 1.3.1 because RO and RP-0 aren't officially released for those builds yet.  I suppose there might still be an incompatibility with RO and 1.3 which is why you're not getting all the tanks.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, hypervelocity said:

@JaelethI had the increasing & destructive wobbling effect with clipped Docking Ports and Infernal Robotic's Docking Washers - any chance you have any of these in your rocket? & 

It's been awhile I don't come here on the forums, spend much of the time on RO discord but just to say I found out that the problem had to do with some (of the largest) stock tanks and the RSRMV's. With procedural tanks,no problems at all and I now use only procedural, no reason for the stock tanks anyway.

Edited by Jaeleth

I know this is probably a Contract Configurator issue but no one is answering on that thread so I'm hoping someone here may have some idea what's going on.  I'm using KSP 1.2.2 with RO/RSS/RP-0 and basically all their requirements and suggestions.  I'm also using the "Historic Missions" contract pack.  Everything has been going along just fine.  I've completed about half of the NASA contracts, all of the Apollo Program contracts, the first few of the Space Shuttle contracts, etc.  But I noticed I wasn't getting any further NASA contracts.  I just finished the Viking 2, and I'm about half a year from finishing the Mariner 10 contract.  But I've yet to be offered the Pioneer 10 or 11 contracts, nor have I been offered the Voyager 1 or 2 contracts.  I meet all the requirements for those four contracts.  When I look in Mission Control, in the "All" tab, under Historic Progression / NASA Contracts, I can see all four of these contracts.  If I select one of them, they each show that I meet all the listed "Pre-Requisites".  I've got plenty of space for more contracts.  Anyone have any idea why these contracts aren't being offered and what I might be able to do to fix the issue?

15 hours ago, phoneix_007 said:

Is there a possibility od restoring zero boli-off using radiators, like in 1.1 version? Mabye copying some code lines from 1.1 version into 1.2? 

Download "Heat Pump" https://github.com/Starwaster/HeatPump mod and use Service Module rated tanks. Zero Boiloff then, but requires quite a bit of energy and beware, that mod has a small bug so that if you time warp more than 3 clicks when focus is on the vessel it will boiloff anyway so, to timewarp at greater speed, just go to tracking station or space center, timewarp as much as you like, and then return to normal time and to the craft.

KSP RO/RP/RSS'ers might like to try also the Discord App group KSP-RO... Many of us, crazy hardcore RO'ers are in there and sometimes you might get answered real time

https://discord.gg/mnNaSg

On 1.12.2017 at 9:30 PM, jrodriguez said:

Uhm that is strange. I'm using KSP 1.3 with latest version of everything and I only have Fuselage & Structural 

Using unsupported version of KSP might be the reason why you don't have other types of tanks.

I'm just getting back into RO after a few years of absence.

I enjoy playing in career mode, and I'm currently designing my first lunar flyby probe of my save. I decided that I wanted to recover the probe so that I could maximize the science gain. There is one small problem: all of the heat shields I have unlocked are "rated for LEO reentry". I can't seem to find any additional heat shields anywhere in the tech tree.

Am I blind, or is there something afoot here?

BUG REPORT:

There is a bug which occurs when using certain engines that have an upper "shroud" (basically a pretty engine housing on the mounting point) such as the RD-58 (which I think is from KW but I'm not sure). Even when you turn off this shroud, fairings still act as though it is there and will expand to fit around it.

Occurs when using procedural fairings. They are the only fairings that I use, so I do not know if the problem occurs with stock fairings or fairings from other mods.