[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

48 minutes ago, Epox75 said:

Hello everyone! I'm back to KSP after more than a year and I'm doing a career with 1.3.1, RO and the dev version of RP-0. I have a very simple request: once I made a cfg patch to fix the AIES landing gears by copying it from the AIES thread, which isn't available anymore... maybe some of you have it? :)

Thanks in advance, 

Epox

There's a very good chance that the AEIS thread is still there; but the URL would have changed because they updated the forum software so it would be new and improved.

If you search hard enough for it you'll probably find it. If you know the exact name of the thread, that would make it even easier.

18 hours ago, Starwaster said:

There's a very good chance that the AEIS thread is still there; but the URL would have changed because they updated the forum software so it would be new and improved.

If you search hard enough for it you'll probably find it. If you know the exact name of the thread, that would make it even easier.

It seems like anything related to AIES has been removed from the forum. If I search "AIES"  here I get an error, if I search "AIES aerospace" I get only the "aerospace" results and on Google there are no results directing to the KSP forum. Moreover I usually dig deep before asking for help :P, I even ended up on Reddit and tried the landing gear cfg file from this version: https://github.com/deimos790/AIES_Continued/releases/tag/v0.2.1

Obviously, it didn't work :)

Edited by Epox75

@Epox75 Apparently the AIES thread was one of a number of threads that were lost in an accident back in 2017. Squad looked into restoring them from backups but deemed it to be impractical or unfeasible.

I did locate remnants of the thread on the Wayback Machine but it doesn't seem to be possible to navigate to different pages and I have no idea if more than the first page actually gets archived by TWBM.

Edited by Starwaster

7 hours ago, harits said:

hi there.
my RO didn't work in 1.4.1. seems need to update 1.4.x RO file.
did anyone can help me?.

- harits.

There was and never will be a release for 1.4.x, currently there is an in progress update for 1.5.x on github. It's being worked on by several people and hopefully will release this year.

Edited by raidernick

19 hours ago, raidernick said:

There was and never will be a release for 1.4.x, currently there is an in progress update for 1.5.x on github. It's being worked on by several people and hopefully will release this year.

oh sh1t, i don't have 1.5x version.

Edited by harits

6 hours ago, Hydrothermalventclam said:

Is there a config to balance the Stockalike Station Parts Redux mod with Realism Overhaul?  And if not, what parts do people typically use to build space stations.

I'm not aware of a config, but love SSPXr and would be appreciative of one. I think Twitch streamer sanjosharks has SSPXr in his RO game - I'll ask him what he did and whether he'd be willing to share, or at least get some tips on how to make some myself.

50 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

I'm not aware of a config, but love SSPXr and would be appreciative of one. I think Twitch streamer sanjosharks has SSPXr in his RO game - I'll ask him what he did and whether he'd be willing to share, or at least get some tips on how to make some myself.

That would be awesome. looking forward to working with those parts in RSS/RO too!

3 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

I am eager to try this out myself....hopefully you can find something out 

4 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

make a qucik config yourself, MM-Patch for the parts:

@PART[partname]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
    %RSSROConfig = True

@rescaleFactor = 1.625
}

that would be a base, i dont know the mod, but i guess most of the parts than will be fine. LifeSupport is added by TAC. If parts have stock resources, that also has to be changed to realfuels and resources.

11 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

make a qucik config yourself, MM-Patch for the parts:

@PART[partname]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
    %RSSROConfig = True

@rescaleFactor = 1.625
}

that would be a base, i dont know the mod, but i guess most of the parts than will be fine. LifeSupport is added by TAC. If parts have stock resources, that also has to be changed to realfuels and resources.

Thank you for that.  I think I will try to put together something super basic this morning.

Update - I have all the station parts scaled up to a better size.  I went with a rescale factor of 1.68, because that makes the 2.5m parts the same diameter as the Destiny lab on the ISS.  Everything else uses the same factor right now, so the adapters look good.  I also got the masses sort of balanced, made a tweakscale config, and fixed the stock parts that SSPXR and RO both try to mess with simultaneously, and have added electric charge and modular tank space to the parts that need it.  

Edited by Hydrothermalventclam

Hey, are you experiencing offseting of parts when rolling very fast (sounding rockets) and specially at warp?
Like the parts separate from each other and when I stop warp it comes closer together again? Although when rolling too fast parts might still be offset with no warp also.
Ksp 1.3.1 Rp1

51 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Hey, are you experiencing offseting of parts when rolling very fast (sounding rockets) and specially at warp?
Like the parts separate from each other and when I stop warp it comes closer together again? Although when rolling too fast parts might still be offset with no warp also.
Ksp 1.3.1 Rp1

Yeah that's a feature of stock KSP. And it's not just a graphical thing either so distance of control surfaces / RCS / engines from CoM changes which has real impact on control authority.

Use rigid connections to stop it. There's a setting for that in the VAB. Or you can enable it in flight scenes as well by editing the game's main settings file.

9 hours ago, Hydrothermalventclam said:

Thank you for that.  I think I will try to put together something super basic this morning.

Update - I have all the station parts scaled up to a better size.  I went with a rescale factor of 1.68, because that makes the 2.5m parts the same diameter as the Destiny lab on the ISS.  Everything else uses the same factor right now, so the adapters look good.  I also got the masses sort of balanced, made a tweakscale config, and fixed the stock parts that SSPXR and RO both try to mess with simultaneously, and have added electric charge and modular tank space to the parts that need it.  

I would like to test this out a bit if you feel its ready?

1 hour ago, serialblack said:

I would like to test this out a bit if you feel its ready?

Sure.  These links should work.  SSPXR-RO rescales the parts and SSPXR-RO-Tweakscale adds tweakscale to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/caljffix7fpw7dr/SSPXR-RO-Tweakscale.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/psus14i3btt7l0v/SSPXR-RO.cfg?dl=0

I built a test station core earlier today and it massed in around 22 tons, which is the same as the Zarya node on the ISS, so at least a few of the parts are balanced properly with respect to mass.  That being said, I would love feedback on this, as this is my first time doing something like this, and I threw this together in a few hours this morning.

I have only tested this in 1.3.1, so results may vary.

Edited by Hydrothermalventclam

6 hours ago, Hydrothermalventclam said:

Sure.  These links should work.  SSPXR-RO rescales the parts and SSPXR-RO-Tweakscale adds tweakscale to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/caljffix7fpw7dr/SSPXR-RO-Tweakscale.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/psus14i3btt7l0v/SSPXR-RO.cfg?dl=0

I built a test station core earlier today and it massed in around 22 tons, which is the same as the Zarya node on the ISS, so at least a few of the parts are balanced properly with respect to mass.  That being said, I would love feedback on this, as this is my first time doing something like this, and I threw this together in a few hours this morning.

I have only tested this in 1.3.1, so results may vary.

right now I have 1.3.1  and 1.5.x ....not at home so I can't check exactly ....I will check it out this weekend hopefully and get back asap, tis this season to be like that headless chicken after all....

Edited by serialblack

On 12/1/2018 at 9:20 PM, Epox75 said:

Hello everyone! I'm back to KSP after more than a year and I'm doing a career with 1.3.1, RO and the dev version of RP-0. I have a very simple request: once I made a cfg patch to fix the AIES landing gears by copying it from the AIES thread, which isn't available anymore... maybe some of you have it? :)

Thanks in advance, 

Epox

Do you mean this below:

@PART[expendLandingLeg]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLandingLeg]{}

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = extender
        isOneShot = False
        startEventGUIName = Extend Landing Strut