[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

9 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Engine TweakScaling is not and will probably never be supported for a very simple reason: this is Realism Overhaul. 

Makes sense. :)

10 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

For generic/structural parts then sure. In fact, it would help immensely since RO creates multiple part clones to cover these gaps, creating a mess in the part lists.

Ping me on TweakScale thread. The worst glitches are almost nailed down, and as soon I finally manage to ship 2.5, with saner patching by default,  I want to work on Add'Ons support.

This parts galore problem is bugging some others Add'Ons Authors, and some new ideas (as also problems) are being discussed.

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

I still feeling the need of offering the possibility of scaling up/down a realistic replica in other to have a realistic-ish big/small brother of the engine.

Feel free to do so. The end user (as with all mods for every moddable game out there) is free to do whatever he/she wants in his/her own installation. But in the context of an official RO release such things are not valid.

There is also a Procedural Engines mod that allows you to create whatever engines you want.

5 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Regarding TweakScale and RO. I usually remove the disabling TweakScale patch that RO includes and I added one to enable TweakScale on every engine.

However I have seen strange behaviours when I try to tweakscale a RO patched engine. Magic forces appear on the vessel!

I might be able to help with that one. The incompatibility is due to an unexpected interaction between the ways both RealFuels and TweakScale fiddle with engine masses. Scaling up works fine, but once an engine is scaled down there's a good chance it will end up with negative mass - and the physics engines will get understandably confused :D

This bug can be avoided by disabling RealFuels' mass saving bonuses from the engines:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]]:NEEDS[RealFuels,TweakScale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs],*
	{
		@origMass = -1
		@CONFIG[*],*
		{
			@origMass = -1
		}
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[RealFuels,TweakScale]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],*
	{
		%basemass = -1
	}
}

As for the solar panels not changing their charge rates with TweakScale, I'm still investigating.

I'm at my wits end here, but I closed the small Avionics window that tells you if your Avionics is ok or not, and cannot find out how to reactivate it. It's in the same style as MechJeb but I can't find it anywhere in the MechJeb settings or mod folder, and I've looked everywhere in the RO and RP-0 mod folders trying to find a setting or cfg. for it but can't.

Does anyone know where this is or how to get the window back? I know the RP-0 button in the VAB opens up a different window with Avionics info that does the same thing, but this needs to be opened each time and I keep forgetting lol

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or is MJ transfer planner kind of broken when transferring to mercury?  I was playing around trying to do a Venus flybuy to get an efficient transfer but just could not find an intercept near the mercury AN/DNMJ was giving me a 75km/s to capture around mercury but after playing for a bit I managed to set up a 8300 m/s ejection (from Moon plane) or 6330 m/s ejection if you launch into the correct 45 degree orbit that fixed inclination (~.1 degree) and reduced PE down to mercury.  Then an 860 m/s burn at PE to set up Mercury flybuy and finally a 10300 m/s burn at mercury to capture into a 80kx80k orbit.

One thing I noticed is KSP really does not like finding closest approaches in RO that are not very close to AN/DN.  Does anyone make a mod that does better closest approach like better burn time does better burn maneuvers?

Any plans to make it work in KSP 1.6.x? I mean it is working somehow, but I encounter bug with engines,frequently I'm running into situations when over sudden  engine stops "pushing" ship . It appears that engine is working, plume is produced, information window shows ISP and thrust, fuel is burning, but ship speed won't change and its remains "stuck."

Edited by dakhr

8 hours ago, dakhr said:

Any plans to make it work in KSP 1.6.x? I mean it is working somehow, but I encounter bug with engines,frequently I'm running into situations when over sudden  engine stops "pushing" ship . It appears that engine is working, plume is produced, information window shows ISP and thrust, fuel is burning, but ship speed won't change and its remains "stuck."

It works fine in 1.6.1 and there is a 1.6.1 branch which is almost ready for release. Also RO only sets info for Real Fuels to use for the engines, if you are having troubles with the engine module then it has nothing to do with RO.

Edited by raidernick

On 5/15/2019 at 7:40 PM, raidernick said:

It works fine in 1.6.1 and there is a 1.6.1 branch which is almost ready for release. Also RO only sets info for Real Fuels to use for the engines, if you are having troubles with the engine module then it has nothing to do with RO.

Ok .Thanks for reply... then other mod causing problem.

I am experiencing strange behavior with the part "Avionics [Procedural]". "Toggle Power" has no actual effect on the part, it still consumes power and it is still functional, even when it is "off" (at least kOS says it is). I am not sure whether that is an intentional behavior change by KSP-RO or RP-1. Is it?

Additional Info:

• I'm using the default upper stage configuration.
  • Procedural Parts 1.3.18
  • KSP-RO 12.5.0
  • RP-1 1.00
  • KSP 1.3.1.1891

17 minutes ago, cami said:

I am experiencing strange behavior with the part "Avionics [Procedural]". "Toggle Power" has no actual effect on the part, it still consumes power and it is still functional, even when it is "off" (at least kOS says it is). I am not sure whether that is an intentional behavior change by KSP-RO or RP-1. Is it?

Toggle power just turns off the kOS processor, it doesn't turn off avionics.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v12.6.0

This is a final release version for 1.3.1 to support the RP-1 release. Everything after this will focus on development for 1.6.1+.

Major Changes

• Solar Panels now have Decay -> Over time they will lose their effectiveness
    • There is a Solar Panel Planner that was added that lets you see the expected output over time at different celestial bodies

Minor Changes

• SRM's disabled ability to change min/max thrust in VAB
  • SSTU Soyuz adapters given proper amount of volume
  • Global Engine Updates
    • Improved configs for:
      • GEM40, GEM56, GEM60
      • X-405H
      • RD-180 Dry Mass
      • Aerobee's
      • GCRC, Altair, Altair II, Altair III
      • Alcyone 1A BE-3A
      • NEW: Algol I, Algol II, Algol III
      • NEW: Antares I, Antares II, Antares III
      • Castor 1 (added new config variants), Castor 2
      • E-1
      • NEW: Juno 6K
      • NEW: Diamant Solids
      • NEW: S2.253 Scud Engine
      • R-7 Vernier Engines
      • LR79
      • Agena
      • AJ10
      • NEW: AJ-260 SRM's
      • NEW: Juno 45K
      • LR101
      • LR105
      • LR87
      • LR89
      • LR91
      • H-1 (new configs added)
      • NEW: Nike M5E1
      • J-2 (new configs added)
      • J-2X
      • AJ10-137
      • RD-170
      • RD-0110
      • NK-15/33
  • Fuel Cell Balancing
  • Test Flight Reliability Adjustments
    • A-9 engine reliability lowered
    • AJ10 Advanced improved
    • RD-10x adjusted
    • RD-170 configs added
    • RD-58 regressed, fixed
  • New Sounding Rocket Parts
  • Improved and Realistic Thrust Curves
    • Altair, Castor I, Castor 2, Altiar II, Altair III, SRMU, UA1207, UA1205
  • Improved Bluedog Design Bureau support
  • Improved SSTU support
  • Improved RaiderNick Configs (includes craft updates)
  • Many RealPlume configs improved
  • RCS fixes to RCSFX
  • X405, LR91 now uses THRUST_TRANSFORMS so the turbopump exhaust fails when the main engine fails
  • Removed MiniAVC
  • Vostok EC usage changed
  • Universal Storage II support
  • Plutonium-138 costs updated
  • SNAP-19 RTG changed
  • RemoteTech use cases added for antennas
  • Procedural Decoupler can now be turned into a separator
  • New RF Tanks moved from RP-1 to RO
  • Added support for Near Future Construction
  • Added a fake TACLS Engine so you can configure LS tanks easily
  • Stock Antenna bug fixed where rounding errors would cause science to not be received if not using RemoteTech
  • Added the K2 Command pod as a 2nd Generation 2-crew Pod

Thanks to everyone who helped with the update including @raidernick @pap1723 @NathanKell @Ash19256@Standecco @smartdummies @blowfishpro @Zantigar @PhineasFreak @AnticlockwisePropeller@leudaimon @MikeOnTea @mattwrobel @nicolasbigler @DocRockwell @lukecologne @Schnobs

we dropped 1.4.5 support because it had a ton of issues. Within the next days I will be putting out a release for 1.6.1(or potentially 1.7.x) and that will by default support everything from 1.4.5 to 1.7.x.

Edited by raidernick

I am having a weird issue as well with 1.3.1 RP1.  I am attempting to go manned orbital but command pods lack tech for food water and O2.  Same with service modules.  I have SM2 unlocked but I skipped SM1.  Is there another node needed for life support?

Edit; never mind updated my game on ckan and a previously empty node now has it.

Edited by Nich

On 5/19/2019 at 9:47 AM, hypervelocity said:

I have a quick one guys! I'm playing on 1.3.1 with RP1 and I can't seem to be able to create a Procedural Trank holding Hydrogen (gaseous form) - tried with regular & SM tanks to no avail :(

he he updating fixed my issue, broke a lot of other things.  Perhaps time to start over :O

Edited by Nich

Has anyone thought that when you are tooling you should be able to buy a range.  IE I want to buy tooling from 2m to 2.5m dia and lengths 4m to 20m is more expensive but cheaper then individually tooling a 2x4, 2x15, 2x20, 2.5x4, 2.5x20.  This way if you want slack you can tool 1.9 to 2.1 dia which would be priced equivalently to what we have currently.  I dont enjoy doing the math to oversize a tank so I can under size it for now and stretch it later.  I am also a little pifed that if I have tooling for a 2x20 tank I should be able to make any tank under 20m on the same tooling but if I want larger then it would require new tooling.  If it is a matter of tooling being occupied then you shouldn't be allowed to have multiple of the same tank an a rocket without purchasing tooling for each tank.

Update Time! 1.6.1!

• Update New Squad Part Configs for 1.6.1
  • SXT changed the part name of the LEM
  • RealEngines updates & fixes
  • Add back the RD-805 gimbal module patch
  • Added 2 Models from VSR for Engines
  • Fixed MM Patch Warnings and E1 Error
  • LR-91 Plume changes
  • Updated MEMLander to MEMLanderSXT
  • Update configs to work with ReStock
  • Fix the Stock Mk1-3 Command Module to be 4m, Add Sputnik, Fix Mk1 Pod
  • Add the AJ10-138 Transtage using the new Squad Poodle Engine
  • Provide support for SSTU parts in 1.6+
  • Support for the RT-Antennas without RT Installed
  • MH LR91 plume changes
  • Added support for Decalc-O-Mania
  • Add Support for Hullcam VDS - Add Hullcams to all Docking Ports
  • Beginning of Support for Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux
  • Added support for the new Procedural Fairings parts
  • Added ReStock Plus support
  • Patched Bornholio's Nuclear Engines to work with ReStock
  • Fix craft file errors
  • Fix Raidernick NEO probes and rcs plumes
  • Fix Raidernick LK engine plumes
  • Fix FASA rcs plumes and thrust
  • Add support for DLC

Thanks to @pap1723, @raidernick, @PhineasFreak, @smartdummies and @Rougemoot for work on this latest update!

Edited by Theysen

48 minutes ago, Theysen said:
Update Time! 1.6.1!

• Update New Squad Part Configs for 1.6.1
  • SXT changed the part name of the LEM
  • RealEngines updates & fixes
  • Add back the RD-805 gimbal module patch
  • Added 2 Models from VSR for Engines
  • Fixed MM Patch Warnings and E1 Error
  • LR-91 Plume changes
  • Updated MEMLander to MEMLanderSXT
  • Update configs to work with ReStock
  • Fix the Stock Mk1-3 Command Module to be 4m, Add Sputnik, Fix Mk1 Pod
  • Add the AJ10-138 Transtage using the new Squad Poodle Engine
  • Provide support for SSTU parts in 1.6+
  • Support for the RT-Antennas without RT Installed
  • MH LR91 plume changes
  • Added support for Decalc-O-Mania
  • Add Support for Hullcam VDS - Add Hullcams to all Docking Ports
  • Beginning of Support for Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux
  • Added support for the new Procedural Fairings parts
  • Added ReStock Plus support
  • Patched Bornholio's Nuclear Engines to work with ReStock
  • Fix craft file errors
  • Fix Raidernick NEO probes and rcs plumes
  • Fix Raidernick LK engine plumes
  • Fix FASA rcs plumes and thrust
  • Add support for DLC

Thanks to @pap1723, @raidernick, @PhineasFreak, @smartdummies and @Rougemoot for work on this latest update!

AWESOME! Kudos for your amazing work guys :)