[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

5 hours ago, New Horizons said:

With Version 12.7.0 I see many parts (Squad science instruments and avionic rings) marked as non-RO. Is it intended? I observed this in sandbox and career aswell.

Anything and everything that has not had RO certified configs created for it is non-RO by default. Or to put it another way, nobody has created a patch for those parts that would make them realistic.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, New Horizons said:

With Version 12.7.0 I see many parts (Squad science instruments and avionic rings) marked as non-RO. Is it intended? I observed this in sandbox and career aswell.

we left several stock parts unconfigured because most people don't use them when there are many many better mod alternatives. For instance, the stock tanks, nobody uses those when procedural tanks is a thing. Also, we probably just didn't feel like wasting time doing that part for one reason or another, as it would take time away from fixing a more important issue. Feel free to configure it yourself and make a PR.

5 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

do you still have problems with the latest KJR Next and RO? if yes... why did nobody contact me?

I don't think anyone is testing that combination. If you'd like to give it a try though...

12 hours ago, Flibble said:

What advantage does it have over KJR continued, which is known to work with RO?

this is answered in the KJR Next thread, we don't have to debate this here... and isn't it up to the users to decide anyway?

but what we should debate here is, why this thread says on the first page, that it is not working with RO in huge letters and nobody ever told me that... and I think it is not true for the latest version

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

32 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

this is answered in the KJR Next thread, we don't have to debate this here... and isn't it up to the users to decide anyway?

You asked why not, the answer is that KJR continued works, so why change it? This is why real rockets fly with computers from the 70s rather than running windows 10. Proven tech.

11 hours ago, Flibble said:

You asked why not, the answer is that KJR continued works, so why change it? This is why real rockets fly with computers from the 70s rather than running windows 10. Proven tech.

[snip]

telling others that it cannot be used with RO because it conflicts with it, that's not true... here I expect to see only true, solid facts...

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

1 hour ago, Flibble said:

I'm just a user of RO, I have no influence over the front page of this thread, so I don't know why you're so angry at me. I was just giving a user opinion of why not use KJR Next.

I'm not angry... it's just... when I ask for technical problems with KJR Next, then responding with "why should somebody use it anyway?" isn't helpful in this situation and leads to big missunderstandings... like now...

5 minutes ago, Flibble said:

You could always install RO and see how you get on.

I know, but since they seem to have a problem and I don't have it, I wanted to ask them what their problems are... obviously they have one. Or why else would they write it to the front page?

10 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

No, it is not up to the users to decide. Not if they want support for Realism Overhaul from us.

Which is not the same thing as saying you cannot use it! Use it if you want to. If you encounter any problems and need to ask us for support then you will be required to uninstall KJR NEXT and reproduce your issue with the supported version of KJR or with no KJR installed at all.

Some content has been removed. Folks, just a friendly moderator reminder to, well, stay friendly. Let's keep things polite and civil. Nothing wrong with asking polite questions, but it's not appropriate to get upset or make demands.

And also remember that this is the RO authors' thread and that (like any modder's thread) they don't owe anyone anything and are simply posting about their stuff in their own thread. So please remember when posting here (again, like any modder's thread) that essentially you're a guest in someone else's house, and comport yourself accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATE:

@raidernick raidernick released this 9 hours ago

• Fixed Rescaling of DRAG_CUBES for heatshields
  • Removed duplicate AdjustableCoMShifter
  • Fixed AdjustableCoMShifter not showing the offset in VAB after loading and existing craft
  • Procedural Fairings Decoupling is stage-able by default
  • Fixed the RTG Core Temp bug in Coatl Probes Plus parts
  • Update RealFuels Tank Definitions to include the Utilization
  • Remove the erroneous NEEDS since PF and PFFE were updated
  • Add Textures Unlimited Support for Tiny Tim
  • Uploaded some Mercury Capsule reference information
  • Add very simple Textures Unlimited support Variants for Proc Parts
  • Update KK configs for Falcon 9
  • Fix ReStock Plus configs
  • Updated Planet Distances
  • Update Kerbalism "Engine" with only "Good" Resources
  • Increase number of ignitions for RD-58 and RD-58 to 7
  • Add MLI Layers tweaks
  • Avionics Breakdown notes
  • Add full support for KK Launchers Delta rockets and ATK pack, updated for new release

Thanks to @pap1723, @raidernick, @siimav, @lukecologne, @Standecco and @fat-lobyte for work on this latest update!

Edited by Theysen

13 hours ago, Chichikoff said:

Hi, i don`t know if they asked before me but, how to remove "generic" parts from RO (pods, solar panels and other useless for me part added by this mod), but leave all other configs intact?

removing the configs won't remove the parts, you need to either delete all the parts from the squad folder or write a mm patch to !PART for every single stock part.

Kerbalism RO Config seems to conflict with the latest RO update (v12.7.1). KSP stalls during loading.

I assume this is the responsibility of Kerbalism RO Config so I reported it there: https://github.com/Standecco/ROKerbalism/issues/5.

It took me a while to find the culprit, so I just post this here in case anyone else has the same issue and is wondering what is causing it.

Edited by boribori
typo

18 hours ago, boribori said:

Kerbalism RO Config seems to conflict with the latest RO update (v12.7.1). KSP stalls during loading.

I assume this is the responsibility of Kerbalism RO Config so I reported it there: https://github.com/Standecco/ROKerbalism/issues/5.

It took me a while to find the culprit, so I just post this here in case anyone else has the same issue and is wondering what is causing it.

That pr shows that the issue has already been fixed. Also, yes you did the right thing by posting it there, it is not the responsibility of the RO team to make RO compatible with standalone patches, they need to fix it on their end if it isn't working(which the author did do).

I'm not trying to ask for a release date or anything like that but i haven't gotten SSTU to work i saw someone in the forums here that said it is broken so i'm curious are you guys going to fix it or work on a updata not trying to pester or a release date just curious if you are going to work on a fix for it. Thank you in Advance:)

50 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

I'm not trying to ask for a release date or anything like that but i haven't gotten SSTU to work i saw someone in the forums here that said it is broken so i'm curious are you guys going to fix it or work on a updata not trying to pester or a release date just curious if you are going to work on a fix for it. Thank you in Advance:)

never

10 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I have got SSTU working, idk if parts are there tho

10 hours ago, raidernick said:

never

Can you also please answer my problem? I would really like to go on mercury...