Theysen

[1.6.1] Realism Overhaul v12.7.2 [17 July 2019]

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I'm not trying to ask for a release date or anything like that but i haven't gotten SSTU to work i saw someone in the forums here that said it is broken so i'm curious are you guys going to fix it or work on a updata not trying to pester or a release date just curious if you are going to work on a fix for it. Thank you in Advance:)

I have got SSTU working, idk if parts are there tho

10 hours ago, raidernick said:

never

Can you also please answer my problem? I would really like to go on mercury...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, current verson of KSP is 1.7.2 so i don;t see a way to install RO now...  i looked for some clues but failed..

do you have already a solution for using RO on KSP 1.7.2???

thank you in advance !!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, obhart said:

hi, current verson of KSP is 1.7.2 so i don;t see a way to install RO now...  i looked for some clues but failed..

do you have already a solution for using RO on KSP 1.7.2???

thank you in advance !!!!

Use an older version of KSP.

1 hour ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Can you also please answer my problem? I would really like to go on mercury...

You need to provide more info. Like maybe a craft file or at least a VAB screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flibble said:

Use an older version of KSP.

 

thank you! i just found my way back to 1.6.1 ;)

Edited by obhart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

[snip]

Thanks for ignoring me!

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jim123 said:

I'm not trying to ask for a release date or anything like that but i haven't gotten SSTU to work i saw someone in the forums here that said it is broken so i'm curious are you guys going to fix it or work on a updata not trying to pester or a release date just curious if you are going to work on a fix for it. Thank you in Advance:)

From the looks of things, not for a long time, if ever. If you want SSTU's excellent tank functionality in RSS-RO, though, it has been ported to a mod called ROTanks, which is now available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Thanks for ignoring me!

Acting like this is a surefire guarantee to be ignored. Modders don't get paid for their time, and even if they did, this sense of entitlement does not belong here. Be respectful and just be happy whenever you get whatever it is you get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

Acting like this is a surefire guarantee to be ignored. Modders don't get paid for their time, and even if they did, this sense of entitlement does not belong here. Be respectful and just be happy whenever you get whatever it is you get.

I normally said my problem. Only thing i want is to get help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

I normally said my problem. Only thing i want is to get help.

So start by helping yourself.  You have already been told.

Quote

You need to provide more info. Like maybe a craft file or at least a VAB screenshot.

You are the only person who knows what KSP version, and what mods (including mod versions) you are using.  What tanks you are using.  What tank utilisation.  What engines/engine upgrades.  Without that type of information all anybody can do is guess at the cause of your problem.  My best guess is that you might have grabbed the wrong tanks.  (Personally when I play RO, I'm playing RO + RP-1, and I don't build historical recreations, so I'm not sure which tanks an historical Mercury-Redstone should be using).

If you had thought about things for even 5 seconds it is should have been obvious to you before your first post that we would need to know at least some details of what your Mercury-Redstone looks like, and probably it's thrust and mass before before anyone can do anything more than guess at what is wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 6:15 PM, raidernick said:

never

Okay well i figured out i installed it wrong so i got it working i thought it was broken in that all the parts wouldn't work. Sorry for that i got it working on my 1.1.3,1.2.2,1.3.1 installs all just fine so i thought i knew what i was doing but i just needed to keep textures unlimited dont worry sometimes i read things way to fast than my brain can fully process what i need to do. I removed it because i thought i had to have DX11 forced or opengl which i did that one time, not with the mod but it broke my save so i didn't want to do it but it works fine without it forced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim123 said:

Okay well i figured out i installed it wrong so i got it working i thought it was broken in that all the parts wouldn't work. Sorry for that i got it working on my 1.1.3,1.2.2,1.3.1 installs all just fine so i thought i knew what i was doing but i just needed to keep textures unlimited dont worry sometimes i read things way to fast than my brain can fully process what i need to do. I removed it because i thought i had to have DX11 forced or opengl which i did that one time, not with the mod but it broke my save so i didn't want to do it but it works fine without it forced.

the problem is sstu updates so often and always breaks the ro configs that the people who are doing them are getting burned out on it so updates are getting slower and slower. Eventually it may stop altogether unless someone else takes over it. My advice is use w/e version of sstu was released at the time of the RO release and don't update it. If you do update it, you won't get any help if things don't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raidernick said:

the problem is sstu updates so often and always breaks the ro configs that the people who are doing them are getting burned out on it so updates are getting slower and slower. Eventually it may stop altogether unless someone else takes over it. My advice is use w/e version of sstu was released at the time of the RO release and don't update it. If you do update it, you won't get any help if things don't work.

The problem with the latter piece of advice is that SSTU has changed enough between versions that it may not work properly for later versions of KSP. You need the appropriate versioned plugins and mismatching plugin and SSTU part versions can cause problems for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some content has been removed. Folks, let's take it down a notch, please. No need to squabble.

If you have a question, it's great to ask, because people are, in general, friendly and helpful. However, please remember that nobody owes you anything, least of all modders (who do this for free), so please keep a polite tone. It's okay to ask, it's not okay to demand.

Also, bear in mind that even folks who would like to help you don't have a magic wand. They can't help if they can't see what you're doing wrong. So you need to provide them a reasonable amount of information about what you're doing, so they have something to work with. And if they ask you for specific info, give it to them, instead of complaining that you don't have an answer.

Thank you for your understanding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My craft keep teleporting into space and disappearing, as seen in this screenshot:

744QE74.png

It's a game-breaker unfortunately on v1.3.1. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by SiriusRocketry
grr imgur formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

My craft keep teleporting into space and disappearing, as seen in this screenshot:

744QE74.png

It's a game-breaker unfortunately on v1.3.1. Any help would be appreciated

Did you teleport into space or did the planet disappear? Because it kind of looks like the planet broke...

Either way you need to post some logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the logs found? Did some more research and it turns out the entire universe disappears. I deleted RP-1 (and its dependency, DMagic Orbital Science) and the game worked fine, so it must be an error within one of those two mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Where are the logs found? Did some more research and it turns out the entire universe disappears. I deleted RP-1 (and its dependency, DMagic Orbital Science) and the game worked fine, so it must be an error within one of those two mods.

ksp.log can be found in your main KSP folder. It will probably be sufficient. (there is another log file but it might not be getting generated in more recent versions of KSP unless run with a specific command line option but don't worry about that right now)

In addition to the log you should also submit ModuleManager.ConfigCache from your GameData folder

Any files you submit must be generated during a time period when you are actually experiencing the problem. You should run the game up until the point you experience the problem and then quit the game. Do not paste the log file in the forums! It and the cache file should be uploaded to something like DropBox and the link to the files provided here. (you can zip them up if you want)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Where are the logs found? Did some more research and it turns out the entire universe disappears. I deleted RP-1 (and its dependency, DMagic Orbital Science) and the game worked fine, so it must be an error within one of those two mods.

Thats weird, works fine for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Hello,

i got Mercury - Atlas that has TWR about 3... can someone help me?

craft: https://kerbalx.com/KnedlikMCPE/Mercury-Atlas

log: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0upysD8qh3Yl6chqi9xlYfplw#Player

You have a 116t craft with over 3700 kN of engines. TWR should be about 3.3 by my reckoning.

You have two E-1 engines (1885 kN) on the lower stage, you should have two LR89-NA-5s (831 kN).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flibble said:

You have a 116t craft with over 3700 kN of engines. TWR should be about 3.3 by my reckoning.

You have two E-1 engines (1885 kN) on the lower stage, you should have two LR89-NA-5s (831 kN).

Thanks. Also, do you know a mod so i can get spacex dragons and real 39A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Thanks. Also, do you know a mod so i can get spacex dragons and real 39A?

I like the Tundra parts - they don't have an official RO patch for them yet, I don't think. But the author says it will be compatible 'soon'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I run RP-0 on this with a 1.6.1 setup? RP-0 is only rated for 1.2.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mabdi36 said:

Can I run RP-0 on this with a 1.6.1 setup? RP-0 is only rated for 1.2.2

 

use RP1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My game keeps crashing whenever i root a part on top of a docking port. Anyone know how to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.