[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

I installed Realism Overhaul on a clean 1.3.1 install via CKAN with all it's dependencies. The game loads all the mods and starts without any errors, but I still only see the normal Kerbin System. Is there any config I need to change manually, or what do I need to do to make it work?

solved - thought real solar system was part of the pack

Edited by Poldi

On 6/12/2018 at 12:10 AM, Phineas Freak said:

Because both FASA and the various Raidernick packs required it for reflections. FASA has since moved back to the Reflection Plugin and the Raidernick packs now use the TexturesUnlimited PBR-based reflections.

So it's not still needed?

On 6/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, Xd the great said:

Are there experimental versions for ksp 1.4.3? I would like to help digging out bugs.

RO is entirely config based. The dll file is not actually required and only contains 2 classes which only affect com moving. What NEEDS to be updated is FAR, not RO.

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

Not sure it's the right topic...but anyway. I'm trying to do Venus and Mercury missions in RO/RSS on a 1.2.2 install but i have massive issues with heat, wether in space between Venus and Mercury, or even is space near Venus (not to mention in space near Mercury, which i can access only with timewrap then directly explode).

Would it be some kind of bug or are my parts simply not sufficient for the mission?

bob_kelso: That sounds like something RSS specific as opposed to RO specific (unless it is also happening near Eve and Moho with RSS not present).  You probably want to go to the RSS thread to discuss it, but to me, it sounds like you may have a heat tolerance issue with your craft.  Have you tried adding radiator panels or checking for parts with low heat tolerance that could be overheating?  If that does not seem like the problem, best to take this issue to the RSS thread, which I believe would be the appropriate place for it.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, bob_kelso said:

on a 1.2.2 install

That is the problem. The thermal parameters of Coatl Aerospace in the KSP 1.2 branch of RO are broken and are not accounting for the large heat loads in these areas. You have two options:

In the shadow of a soviet moon (ksp-RSS/RO)

having some fun with raider nicks LK and LOK along with a N1 mod that came with RO via CKAN

8kMkkzZ.jpg

this is by far my favorite screenshot in my ksp library

J4hinee.jpg 

Unfortunately kerbalism doesn't work with RO.

A while back before N70 took it over, someone put in a request for the RO team to look into it but afaik nothing came from it. 

It would be awesome if that or kerbalhealth were compatible. Having living space requirements and radiation would be huge. 

Hello, I have a question about the SpaceX Launchers Pack mod. It is not working in RO for some reason and all the parts say non RO. Is there a way for the parts to be RO? Can u guys help me fix this problem or no? Thanks :) Also if it is another mod i need send me a download link thx.

14 hours ago, GamingJose said:

Hello, I have a question about the SpaceX Launchers Pack mod. It is not working in RO for some reason and all the parts say non RO. Is there a way for the parts to be RO? Can u guys help me fix this problem or no? Thanks :) Also if it is another mod i need send me a download link thx.

Seems like latest Launchers Pack has features on them from the new 1.4, make sure to get the version for 1.3.1, our configs are a year old, might be changes in the mod itself which we need to adapt.

19 hours ago, Theysen said:

Seems like latest Launchers Pack has features on them from the new 1.4, make sure to get the version for 1.3.1, our configs are a year old, might be changes in the mod itself which we need to adapt.

Ill try out the mod in its 1.3.1 version if that is what you are saying. thx

Edit: It didnt work :/

Edited by GamingJose

Hi there

I'm thinking of checking out a RO/RSS/RP-0 style game, but really I have no idea on what's what in that regard. AFAIK, RP-0 isn't updated for 1.3.1 and the full package isn't ready for 1.4.x. I'm using Steam and I know how to access the previous versions of the game.

Is the recommended installation method to use a 1.2 install and just select those packages from CKAN? Or use a 1.3.1 and use CKAN? Or put it all together manually?

What would you guys recommend? I'm fairly proficient in getting around a file system, but I'd prefer a simpler install without too much tinkering, so I can ask questions about the game from a reasonably standard baseline.

Thanks

13 hours ago, strudo76 said:

I'm thinking of checking out a RO/RSS/RP-0 style game, but really I have no idea on what's what in that regard. AFAIK, RP-0 isn't updated for 1.3.1 and the full package isn't ready for 1.4.x. I'm using Steam and I know how to access the previous versions of the game.

Is the recommended installation method to use a 1.2 install and just select those packages from CKAN? Or use a 1.3.1 and use CKAN? Or put it all together manually?

Start with 1.3.1 and pull from CKAN.  Then manually pull just RP-0 (or rather, suggest the developmental branch on github aka RP-1) and the suitable version of RSSVE.  I believe the dev branch of 1.3.1 has the correctly-compiled RP0.dll.

Hmm... Seems I might either have a bug or Im missing something while playing the game...at asl I have full thrust vectoring control and full gimbal of the engines. Once I separate the first stage I lose that ability and I'm only left with next to nothing help reaction wheels and rcs thrusters that will change my direction. Seems sometimes too that since I don't have the ability for gimballed engines I end up spinning out of control even with rcs / reaction wheels...any idea what I might be missing or is this a bug? Happens with all engines after I separate from my first stage. 

On 7/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, Philaphlous said:

Once I separate the first stage I lose that ability and I'm only left with next to nothing help reaction wheels and rcs thrusters that will change my direction.

Do you have RP-0 installed? Sounds like you do not have the correct avionics capabilities for your launch vehicle.

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help with Engine stats for SSTU! :)

Basically, the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS), which uses an RL10B-2, hasn't updated its engine stats in game. It still has the stock stats:

Spoiler

2q821zq.jpg

The Actual RL10B-2 where it appears by itself has the correct RO stats:

Spoiler

xgfjbb.jpg

I'm trying to track down the route by which this should work via the cfg files:

GameData\SSTU\Parts\ShipCore\Series-C\SC-C-ICPS.cfg - this has the stock config for the part

Spoiler
PART
{
module = Part
name = SSTU-SC-C-ICPS
author = Shadowmage

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleEnginesFX
    engineID = RL10B-2
    runningEffectName = running_closed
    thrustVectorTransformName = RL10B-2-ThrustTransform
    exhaustDamage = True
    ignitionThreshold = 0.1
    minThrust = 0
    maxThrust = 45
    heatProduction = 35
    PROPELLANT
    {
        name = LqdHydrogen
        ratio = 15
        DrawGauge = True
        resourceFlowMode = NO_FLOW
    }
    PROPELLANT
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        ratio = 1
        resourceFlowMode = NO_FLOW
    }
    atmosphereCurve
    {
        key = 0 465.5 0 -1513
        key = 0.075 352 -1513 -342000
        key = 0.076 10 -342000 0
    }
}

GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\SSTU\SSTU_Orion.cfg - this RO cfg file covers the ICPS and links it to the RL10B-2. The text from this file appears in the description, so I know this one is being applied

Spoiler
@PART[SSTU-SC-C-ICPS]:AFTER[RealismOverhaulEngines]
{
    @title = Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS)
    %manufacturer = Boeing
    %description = The Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS) consists of a modified Delta IV 5 m upper stage. Its structure has been strengthened to support SLS flight loads and the hydrogen tank has been stretched by 46 cm to account for on-orbit boiloff. //http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=35528.320

@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
    {
        !CONFIG,*:HAS[~name[RL10B-2]] {}
    }
}

GameData\RealismOverhaul\Engine_Configs\RL10_Config.cfg - This has the (correct) stats for the RL10B-2 and these are obviously applied to the engine where it appears by itself, but apparently not in the ICPS

Spoiler
        CONFIG //(9)
        {
            name = RL10B-2
            minThrust = 110.1
            maxThrust = 110.1
            heatProduction = 100
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = LqdHydrogen
                ratio = 0.7325
                DrawGauge = True
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = LqdOxygen
                ratio = 0.2675 //5.88
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 465.5
                key = 1 235
            }
            massMult = 1.659

%ullage = True
            %ignitions = 15
            %IGNITOR_RESOURCE
            {
                %name = ElectricCharge
                %amount = 0.5
            }
        }

Can anyone with more experience of the cfg files figure out where the issue is?

Always grateful! :)