[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

I think he is referring to shadowzone, who tends to use huge ships in some of his videos.  eg this ship apparently has 1658 parts.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUvlbJ91QTE

I'm really not surprised he has some performance issues in the editor with that many parts.  Since 1.6 apparently fixes them, the fix might have been removing the unlimited undo levels, and capping undo at 30 levels.

Here is the video where he complains and points to ksp using 9.7 Gb in what look like a stock or lightly modded install.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUXChw_6plE

2 minutes ago, Agustin said:

only it happens to me with 20 parts

Which is why it may not be related, and may not be solved with 1.6.  (Does it happen in stock with 20 parts, or only a heavily modded install?  I know if I add too many parts packs to my RO/RP-1 install, then the editor really chugs for me, even before I have added any parts).

in my RP-1 it happens. I just have the base RP1 mods, but although in stock this isn't a problem, maybe the 1.6 update helps. That's what I have been hearing lately.  that performance is better.

Edited by Agustin

3 minutes ago, EricSan said:

So it's been almost a year since any update. Is the RO project ended? or is there a secret thread somewhere?

If you made the effort to read just a couple of pages before your post , you would have found out that they are nearly ready for an update to 1.4.5 and then they plan to go on to 1.6 directly :)

12 hours ago, smartdummies said:

Also if I can get some guidance for the amount of electric charge, food, water and oxygen should be pre-added? I was thinking that ~7 days should be about right.

I would look at the RO configs for FASA Gemini and work with those numbers.  They should be pretty solid.

11 minutes ago, DylanSemrau said:

Look at page 42.

oh nice so a 1.4.5 is coming soon? That is great news.

p.s. I wasn't complaining, just looking to make a fresh install and I wanted to try the newest version.

23 minutes ago, EricSan said:

oh nice so a 1.4.5 is coming soon? That is great news.

p.s. I wasn't complaining, just looking to make a fresh install and I wanted to try the newest version.

Just waiting for Real Fuels - which is my fault. There's some release and versioning confusion and I'm just waiting for some feedback from @raidernick in IRC before I proceed. 

1 hour ago, EricSan said:

So it's been almost a year since any update. Is the RO project ended? or is there a secret thread somewhere?

38 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Just waiting for Real Fuels - which is my fault. There's some release and versioning confusion and I'm just waiting for some feedback from @raidernick in IRC before I proceed. 

dont sweat about it , we will wait until the cows decide that it's the right time to come home :)

4 hours ago, RoboRay said:

I would look at the RO configs for FASA Gemini and work with those numbers.  They should be pretty solid.

I started with that, but the FASA Gemini capsule assumes that you will have the FASA service modules for Gemini which generate oxygen, electricity, and water so the capsule itself has a more limited amount. I picked 7 days as that would have enough in the capsule to complete the 2+ crew orbit contracts from RP-1 (as currently configured). While the Gemini capsule (from FASA and what I am doing for this one) has lunar rated heat shields, you would need to add additional life support resources to accommodate a lunar flyby/orbit mission which I feel is appropriate.

Also for the engines I was able to keep the different model variants that Squad included and have the built in shrouds resized to match the size of the engines as well.

10 hours ago, smartdummies said:

the FASA Gemini capsule assumes that you will have the FASA service modules for Gemini

Wouldn't that be also true for every other mod that adds Gemini, including Making History? I mean, historically, i do not expect just the Gemini command module to support a free-flying mission of more than two orbits (that is the reason why it carries the service module) and definitely not 7+ days (although the required food resources for the 15 day missions were carried of course inside it, everything else belongs to the SM).

10 hours ago, smartdummies said:

you would need to add additional life support resources to accommodate a lunar flyby/orbit mission

Yes you do. But these are not part of a standard Gemini spacecraft so you (the user) will need to improvise on how to achieve that (there was never a lunar Gemini mission IRL).

As @RoboRay mentions, the FASA Gemini RO configs are really solid on that front. You could probably copy & paste most of the configuration files "as-is". Don't try to impovise things.

23 hours ago, Xd the great said:

How may I help?

If you know how to configure RO parts/write C# code/playtest things and leave useful feedback then jump in the KSP-RO GitHub page/KSP-RO Discord and i am sure that you can find a ton of things (mostly RP-1 related) that you can help.

Edited by Phineas Freak

16 hours ago, smartdummies said:

I started with that, but the FASA Gemini capsule assumes that you will have the FASA service modules for Gemini

But you're only implementing the capsule itself.  Trying to include the service module features into the capsule would imbalance the DLC Gemini capsule compared to the mod Gemini capsules.  It would also be unrealistic, since the Gemini capsule doesn't have sufficient volume to make room for all that equipment and storage containers.

Your best bet is to simply implement the capsule config for what the capsule actually provided (using the FASA Gemini as a reference), and assume that the service module features will be provided by an attached service module.

UPDATE: 

Realism Overhaul v12.5.0 for 1.3.1 & 1.4.5

Changelog:

• Fix FASA MOL cargo bay
  • Update universal storage configs
  • Fix KK Star48b typo
  • Update SABRE engine configs
  • MMRTG model reference update
  • B9 configs updates
  • Update SSTU MU tank fairings to work with smaller sizes
  • Add new Launchers Pack configs, raptor, ITS
  • New resized RO parts
  • Update and fix BDB configs
  • Many new additions and fixes to SSTU parts
  • Update F1, J2, LMDE, LMAE global engine configs
  • Update Probes Plus configs for new parts
  • Remove asteroid patch
  • Fix lv1 solar panel scale
  • Fix mass calculation of engine clusters
  • Fix RSB bugs
  • Moved several parts from Utility to Electrical tabs
  • Fixes for fuel cells
  • Add new Nk-9 configs
  • CO2 scrubbers fixes
  • Fix voyager antenna scale
  • Fix missing EC on FASA parts
  • Remove SAS modules from parts that shouldn't have them
  • Added plumes for many parts including atlas boosters, RL-10 for FASA and fixes
  • Many additions for Raidernick parts and craft files
  • NOTE: Does NOT support DLC parts yet, that will be coming in the next release

Thanks to @AnticlockwisePropeller, @raidernick, @Max-Q, @winged7, @PhineasFreak, @Relic13, @jeremy-penn, @rsparkyc, @Tidal-Stream, @DocRockwell, @MikeOnTea, @1724673, @RoboRay, @Starwaster, @pap1723, @ec429, @leudaimon, @Bornholio and @Theysen for work on this latest update!

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v12.5.0 

(Give it some time for the CKAN indexer to update their repository) 

HAPPY LAUNCHES!

Edited by Theysen

On 1/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, DylanSemrau said:

Look at page 42.

well... it is the answer to everything...

2 hours ago, Theysen said:

Realism Overhaul v12.5.0 for 1.3.1 & 1.4.5

Congratulations and well done to you and all the modders who continue to contribute to this.  Excellent!

16 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Wouldn't that be also true for every other mod that adds Gemini, including Making History? I mean, historically, i do not expect just the Gemini command module to support a free-flying mission of more than two orbits (that is the reason why it carries the service module) and definitely not 7+ days (although the required food resources for the 15 day missions were carried of course inside it, everything else belongs to the SM).

Yes you do. But these are not part of a standard Gemini spacecraft so you (the user) will need to improvise on how to achieve that (there was never a lunar Gemini mission IRL).

As @RoboRay mentions, the FASA Gemini RO configs are really solid on that front. You could probably copy & paste most of the configuration files "as-is". Don't try to impovise things.

If you know how to configure RO parts/write C# code/playtest things and leave useful feedback then jump in the KSP-RO GitHub page/KSP-RO Discord and i am sure that you can find a ton of things (mostly RP-1 related) that you can help.

I will leave the config as is with the stats from FASA for the Gemini capsue then. I only brought this up as the Mercury capsule is a bit different with the MK1 form stock and the Mercury from FASA. If it needs to be adjusted later then I can do that. I do believe that erroring on the side of caution is the best approach. 

It will be my first RO play , so I look at the list of the proposed mods in the new parts section. There are simply too many, and don't want to swamp into different parts that are very similar. FASA and soviet seems a no brainer but what about all the others???

thanks

PS it's awesome to have a new release thanks a bunch to all the people who worked for this

Edited by wasteoinc

1 hour ago, wasteoinc said:

It will be my first RO play , so I look at the list of the proposed mods in the new parts section. There are simply too many, and don't want to swamp into different parts that are very similar. FASA and soviet seems a no brainer but what about all the others???

Taerobee has some stuff that you will use early in the career (like V-2 rocket and X-1 plane parts).

Vostok Continued has early manned Soviet craft.

SSTU has lots of versatile tanks and and engines plus parts for mid-game to late-game manned American craft.

Edited by RoboRay

Hi! Thank you for the update!

But  I have some question: I install the mod Tantares. But in the game, I have the message: not RO parts (RO not supported). But why? In folder RO\SuggestedMods\Tantares already have a config for Tantares...

Also mod SSTU mod have the message: not RO parts (RO not supported). 

Edited by Irenicus

20 hours ago, Irenicus said:

But why? In folder RO\SuggestedMods\Tantares already have a config for Tantares...

Because the Tantares parts have been remade and the parts do not match the RO configs anymore. If anyone wants to use Tantares then he/she will have to create brand new RO configs for them.