[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Is there a good guide in circulation on how to make parts from other mod packs compatible? I mainly toy around with (space)planes and many of those show up as Non ro, and more problematic, have wrong scales.

I've tried figuring it out myself but there are so many changes being made that I'd like to know for sure what I'm doing lol.

Edit: A more thorough search got me looking at some files in the suggested mods directory in RO. Especially the B9 aerospace one is interesting since many parts I want to add are mk2 form factor. I think I know how to make most parts compatible now. 

Edited by Cruss

So far I've made a variety of cockpits compatible(From mk2x part pack). Some fueltanks and aeroparts. 

Mk2x has a nose tank with rcs, i can't find any documentation on the RCS configs available. All i can find is that some use RCSBlock, or RCSBlocktenth or another variety. Does anybody know which does what? I'm assuming they refer to the diameter of the nozzles or something. I got them working ingame but no visual effect whatsoever. 

Nvm I found documentation in RO_SuggestedMods/RO_RCS_Config.cfg

Edited by Cruss

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, IronKerbal said:

I have a RO patch for the Latest version of CryoEngines. WIP

Reveal hidden contents

please don't post patches here. It starts conversations unrelated to RO itself and support requests for things not even officially in the mod. If you want to contribute make a PR on the RO github instead with this patch.

Edited by raidernick

Hey! I wanted to ask for some help, I installed RSS and RO (with all recommended mods) on CKAN, but I've been having some weird issues with my rockets.
Some of them are completely stuck to the ground, like they're anchored in some way even though my TWR is well above 1.0, the engines just sit there at full thrust, wasting fuel and everything but the rocket never goes up or moves for that matter, nothing I do makes it move
Other times, the rocket just completely flies away but the engines don't do anything, I can't change my velocity vector or add any velocity to it, it's just stuck with a vertical speed of usually 4.4m/s, I've also noticed that the flag pole near the launch site shakes like crazy

On 10/18/2019 at 10:57 PM, nasaholic said:

Does the latest version run on KSP 1.7.3 or do I strictly need 1.6.1?

You need KSP 1.6.1. yes or yes. And every single dependency should be the released version for KSP 1.6.1

55 minutes ago, TheKSPlayer said:

Hey! I wanted to ask for some help, I installed RSS and RO (with all recommended mods) on CKAN, but I've been having some weird issues with my rockets.
Some of them are completely stuck to the ground, like they're anchored in some way even though my TWR is well above 1.0, the engines just sit there at full thrust, wasting fuel and everything but the rocket never goes up or moves for that matter, nothing I do makes it move
Other times, the rocket just completely flies away but the engines don't do anything, I can't change my velocity vector or add any velocity to it, it's just stuck with a vertical speed of usually 4.4m/s, I've also noticed that the flag pole near the launch site shakes like crazy

You should review your logs because I'm pretty sure you have dozens of exceptions causing the behaviour.

The root cause might be related with some mods installed were compiled for KSP 1.7.x 

11 hours ago, TheKSPlayer said:

I had the same problem before. I spent some time checking out  what part was broken.I found ModularRCS provided by SSTULabs could stuck the rocket.
Maybe you can check if it works.

5 hours ago, BlinAndVodka238 said:

Excuse me, are there any serious consideration to push this whole large RSS/RO/RP-0 mod pack through to 1.8? seeing as how 1.8 is the last major version of KSP before the big 2 and possibly the last major code change to the game as well as much better optimized?

I've said it before but I'll say it again, every time someone asks for an update a month is added to the release time. We are already on over a year before even the 1.7.x update and probably going to be 3-15 years for 1.8.x

10 hours ago, raidernick said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again, every time someone asks for an update a month is added to the release time. We are already on over a year before even the 1.7.x update and probably going to be 3-15 years for 1.8.x

Aww, but i'm just asking if they had the intention to update :(

Edited by BlinAndVodka238

On 10/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, EastWindCC said:

I had the same problem before. I spent some time checking out  what part was broken.I found ModularRCS provided by SSTULabs could stuck the rocket.
Maybe you can check if it works.

Thank you! I checked and it was the problem, turns out I've been using the Modular RCS on my rockets and since it's broken, it made them all get stuck

2 hours ago, TheKSPlayer said:

Thank you! I checked and it was the problem, turns out I've been using the Modular RCS on my rockets and since it's broken, it made them all get stuck

Any time the rocket gets 'stuck' or otherwise does not have its velocity modified it is because a part on the rocket has negative mass.

That's happened with other SSTU parts and the solution is either SSTU has to defer mass manipulation to whatever mod is also manipulating mass or else the other mod has to defer mass manipulation to SSTU.

Previously it was with tanks and Real Fuels. If the problem is with RCS parts then it's probably also Real Fuels... Solution is the same either way, it's just a question of whether it's SSTU or RF that needs to defer.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:26 PM, raidernick said:

I do love the precision of this estimate. :)

Seriously, this is a lot of work, depening on many people, many of which have rl concerns making them unavailable from time to time. - So don't feel offended if someone sends a snappy reply.

I am very happy that 1.6.1 is coming soon. :).