[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

1 minute ago, Ciko said:

Can anybody tell me  how to make RO engines turn on and off instantly? Which parametr I must to modify?

maybe @useEngineResponseTime ?

Did this a long time ago, but it should be something along this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]]:FINAL {
  @MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
  {
      %useEngineResponseTime = True
      %engineAccelerationSpeed = 10.0
  }
}

Increasing %engineAccelerationSpeed  makes it ignite faster, a value of 10 should make it pretty instant.

57 minutes ago, ValiZockt said:

Did this a long time ago, but it should be something along this:

@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
  {
  }
}

Increasing %engineAccelerationSpeed  makes it ignite faster, a value of 10 should make it pretty instant.

Where I must put  this line of code? I put this code in RO_Engines but it does`t work .

Spoiler

//  ==================================================
//  Catch any engine part modules and place them into
//  the "Engine" category.

//  Check if the part module already implements:

//  * Command modules (MechJeb)
//  * Decouplers (coupling as a primary function)
//  * Custom part categories (FilterExtensions)
//  * The "leaveCategory" parameter (leaves the part category as is)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],!MODULE[*Decouple*],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],~leaveCategory[*]]:BEFORE[zzzRealismOverhaul]
{
    %category = Engine
}

//  Make sure that no engine part module implements a
//  TweakScale module.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[TweakScale],@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FOR[zzzRealismOverhaul]
{
    !MODULE[TweakScale],*{}
}

//  Make sure that any engine tagged as a solid cannot
//  be shutdown.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#EngineType[SolidBooster]]]:AFTER[RealismOverhaulEngines]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        %allowShutdown = False
        %throttleLocked = True
    }
}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
  {
  }
}

Why not just turn it off?

%useEngineResponseTime = False

From KSPAPI

bool ModuleEngines.useEngineResponseTime

Whether the engine has a nonzero spool-up and spool-down time.

If useEngineResponseTime is true, then the engine does not spool up or down instantly when the throttle changes, but uses the engineAccelerationSpeed and engineDecelerationSpeed variables.

7 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Why not just turn it off?

From KSPAPI

bool ModuleEngines.useEngineResponseTime

Whether the engine has a nonzero spool-up and spool-down time.

If useEngineResponseTime is true, then the engine does not spool up or down instantly when the throttle changes, but uses the engineAccelerationSpeed and engineDecelerationSpeed variables.

But where I must put this code to override all RO engines at once ? I paste to RO_Engines.cfg but it doesn`t work. All I need is when I turn on engine -  thrust instant . Most of RO engines have a pause between On and throttle

10 minutes ago, Ciko said:

But where I must put this code to override all RO engines at once ? I paste to RO_Engines.cfg but it doesn`t work. All I need is when I turn on engine -  thrust instant . Most of RO engines have a pause between On and throttle

Create a personal folder in GameDate\zzzzzCiko

Create a file in your texteditor of choice with the code:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
  {
  }
}

Save it as ROenginesInstantOn.cfg (or whatever reminds you of what it's for.)

Put the file in your personal folder.

MM will take care of the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm back from a long break from Kerbals, and newly installed RSS/RO/RP-1 in KSP 1.8.1. 

I've noticed the old segmented runway bug is back (in my install at least). but the fix that was working a while ago is now supposedly included in the latest RSS, so the fix is removed from github.

(source: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/186244-wip-rss-runway-fix/)

Is it just my install or is this a known issue, with perhaps even a known fix?

Thanks all!

53 minutes ago, Ricovandijk said:

Hey all, I'm back from a long break from Kerbals, and newly installed RSS/RO/RP-1 in KSP 1.8.1. 

I've noticed the old segmented runway bug is back (in my install at least). but the fix that was working a while ago is now supposedly included in the latest RSS, so the fix is removed from github.

(source: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/186244-wip-rss-runway-fix/)

Is it just my install or is this a known issue, with perhaps even a known fix?

Thanks all!

It's not longer necessary to download this runway fix anymore, it was integrated into the RSS download directly. However the runway fix only fixes the collider not the model itself, so you'll still see those segmented holes. 

I try to recreate Starship using procedural tanks. Every time when I enter in atmosphere (at 5-8 km/s ) my fuel tank explode from atmosphere friction. I set tank MLI to max level but it did`t work. I try to put heat shield on tank nose and enter in atmoshphere with shield prograde. Tank explode again. So how I must protect my tanks from heat during reentry?

Edited by Ciko

2 hours ago, Ciko said:

I try to recreate Starship using procedural tanks. Every time when I enter in atmosphere (at 5-8 km/s ) my fuel tank explode from atmosphere friction. I set tank MLI to max level but it did`t work. I try to put heat shield on tank nose and enter in atmoshphere with shield prograde. Tank explode again. So how I must protect my tanks from heat during reentry?

One possibility, in settings, temporarily reduce the re-entry heat effects, it's basically cheating though...

19 hours ago, Ciko said:

Try the "shielded" tank variant from Procedural Parts.

MLI is the  internal insulation to prevent propellant boiloff, will not help you with your problem.

Edited by hypervelocity

Hey, playing RP-1, I get science for 2 experiments out of 3, why is this? I tried waiting for the 2 to fully transmit before sending the 3rd, but nothing happens, and I need to re-transmit. Please tell me there's a fix for this. I'm using 1.8.1 and RealAntennas.

Edited by EnrageMango
Typo

Hi, i'm having an issue with KK launchers where it seems that the RO configs are not being "applied" so to speak. I tried to get the atlas and delta packs working on a 1.8.1 install, but for some reason the atlas parts still had liquid fuel and oxidizer, and the plumes never show up or make noise. The realplume configs that are linked are only for some spacex engines however. As for the delta pack, some of the parts were missing in the craft files. I installed all the dependencies except for editor extensions. Any help is appreciated! her is my log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_eKAFSJ4Z5EJfWHN_lDlBTH8kLBd5oDP/view?usp=sharing

Edited by merlin2345
Letters too large

On 2017/3/14 at AM9点55分, stratochief66 said:

我倾向于同意。建议您将RO更改为RO以进行PR 或在此处将不一致之处记为问题。:)

我认为您非常接近,您只是错过了一个重要元素。

https://github.com/KSP- RO /RealismOverhaul/blob/33048702d67e2ceed46054a48a533db7247c73dd/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_RecommendedMods/Procedurals/RO_ProceduralWing.cfg#L3

我粘贴了RO配置如何设置该属性的示例您必须添加“ = True”位,然后至少应该看到您的MM代码有所作为。:)

Sorry, I still don't know what to do. I still have a problem with a large number of components in the "non ro" category. How can I delete the "non ro" category and put the components back into the original category?

35 minutes ago, RO loyalists said:

抱歉,我仍然不知道该怎么办。我仍然对“ non ro”类别中的大量组件有疑问。如何删除“ non ro”类别并将组件放回原始类别?

Sorry, I have found the problem, because I have installed "filter extensions". After I uninstall this mod, there will be no problem.:lol:

I have just downloaded and loaded all the correct required mods but now It just pauses on loading of the game, it gets stuck on Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/jetEngineAfterburning/turbojet

Is this something to do with this mod or something else?

Edited by Joe.L

4 hours ago, Joe.L said:

I have just downloaded and loaded all the correct required mods but now It just pauses on loading of the game, it gets stuck on Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/jetEngineAfterburning/turbojet

Is this something to do with this mod or something else?

It shouldn't be a problem.

Try uninstalling and reinstall.  If that doesn't work, post your KSP.log to a file server (Dropbox, Google Drive) and link it here.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, TranceaddicT said:

It shouldn't be a problem.

Try uninstalling and reinstall.  If that doesn't work, post your KSP.log to a file server (Dropbox, Google Drive) and link it here.

it now works thanks.

However I have a new issue, is there any way of disabling the unthrottleable engines aspect of this mod, I am trying to do a realistic historical campaign however, the Vostok space craft I have created is completely out of control, I get to an AP of 80km+ within a matter of seconds and I speed away from the ground, almost as if time is sped up.

I have tried to limit the thruster down to practically zero but this has done nothing to help it.

12 hours ago, Joe.L said:

it now works thanks.

However I have a new issue, is there any way of disabling the unthrottleable engines aspect of this mod, I am trying to do a realistic historical campaign however, the Vostok space craft I have created is completely out of control, I get to an AP of 80km+ within a matter of seconds and I speed away from the ground, almost as if time is sped up.

I have tried to limit the thruster down to practically zero but this has done nothing to help it.

WTH is your thrust-to-weight ratio????