[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

38 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

Attempting to install this. I have mostly used CKan but as you all know, not everything can be installed that way. I really hope I am doing this right. What about installing TacLifeSupport, RemoteTech,SemiSaturable Reaction Wheels. Dmagic Orbital Science, KAS, Scansat and those new parts? I see by ckan that some are already installed but I chose them based on ckan optional installs for RO. Im stopping for some breakfest as my tummy and my head needed a break. Havent tried to fire it up yet. I did a few visual installs too. What a daunting task.

Oh and contract packs and such, what about those or are they already there?

Download a full clean and fresh copy of KSP 1.2.2 and move it out of the steam folder (IF you have it on steam). 

Start the KSP_x64.exe and let it load to the menu screen, adapt your settings for visuals and audio if you like and close it again. 

Download the CKAN.exe and drop it into the fresh copy of 1.2.2. Execute CKAN and let it run up. 

Go ahead and search for Real Solar System, where it should filter out the other mods and then select it, CKAN will take a second and then ask you to choose your resolution. Select 8k if you can and click next, deselect Realism Overhaul (you can keep KSC Switcher, etc) and hit install. It then downloads the core RSS mod and the textures, after it finished you can run KSP once more to make sure that the solar system is now the one you wanted.

Then go ahead and install RealismOverhaul via CKAN, click through the mod's dependancies, recommended (leave all on) and suggestions (don't select any for starters). Let it run again until the installation is complete and then fire up KSP. 
You now have the bare minimum for normal RO play and it *WORKS*. If it doesn't you have done something wrong, unfortunately.

After that you can select RP-0 to install a realistic career mode intended for RealismOverhaul. 

The installation process for RSSVE, the recommended visual overhaul for RSS in 1.2.2 has a very clear and simple install guide on the according forum site & github page. 

13 hours ago, phoneix_007 said:

Hi,

Is there a possiblity to make SSTU 1.3.1 release working in KSP 1.2.2? I also recently had problems with tank upgrades from SSTU, as I couldn't make them bigger than 2m :/ I've tried to chage RO configs, but it didn't work.

No, there is no possibility at the moment. Please use the latest 1.2.2 release of SSTU, it works as intended with RO and RP-0 in 1.2.2.

1 hour ago, Theysen said:

No, there is no possibility at the moment. Please use the latest 1.2.2 release of SSTU, it works as intended with RO and RP-0 in 1.2.2.

Well, I've tried updating both RO, RP-0 and SSTU. I've relaunched the game, but still tanks are limiter to 2m diameter. I also checked if mounds have the same issue, but they aren't limiter :/

8 minutes ago, phoneix_007 said:

Well, I've tried updating both RO, RP-0 and SSTU. I've relaunched the game, but still tanks are limiter to 2m diameter. I also checked if mounds have the same issue, but they aren't limiter :/

The tankscale is managed by tweakscale is my guess, tweakscale has serveral modes of scaling, some are limited to smaller sizes etc. Can you copy-paste the config of the part you want here?

23 minutes ago, phoneix_007 said:

That's a lot :P

Yes, thank you for making me read a complete part.cfg for no apparent reason :) PLEASE put it into a spoiler so scroll times keep sane and the thread isn't clogged up.

First of all, make sure the base RP-0 install works. Speaking of bare minimum RO dependancies and RP-0 dependancies. 

Then make sure to install this SSTU release from github into 1.2.2: https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases/tag/0.5.34.134

I don't run into the same issue with any SSTU part. Make sure that RP-0 career mode has diameter limits widening up as you progress through the tree. 

@DrLicor No, I am pretty sure tweakscale is not used by SSTU and shouldn't be used in RO at all since it has history to bork things horribly. 

Edited by Theysen

1 minute ago, Theysen said:

@DrLicor No, I am pretty sure tweakscale is not used by SSTU and shouldn't be used in RO at all since it has history to bork things horribly. 

Yep I do see it now too,  last time I had to edit soemthing what had to do with size it was the rescale mod that limited. But indeed, after looking at the cfg, it's not the probleem.

33 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Yes, thank you for making me read a complete part.cfg for no apparent reason :) PLEASE put it into a spoiler so scroll times keep sane and the thread isn't clogged up.

First of all, make sure the base RP-0 install works. Speaking of bare minimum RO dependancies and RP-0 dependancies. 

Then make sure to install this SSTU release from github into 1.2.2: https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases/tag/0.5.34.134

I don't run into the same issue with any SSTU part. Make sure that RP-0 career mode has diameter limits widening up as you progress through the tree. 

Well, my RP-0 and RO runs fine,as well as the engines, and other parts from SSTU. I've checked, tanks work perfectly with exeption of its size. I've also noticed that there's something called 'Support Tank %'. I have no idea what is it, but it seemes to me that it somehow is connected. My version is the last for 1.2.2 for sure. Also sorry for that  wall of text :P

hey guys - quick one for you all!

anyone knows what happened to the Astrium Aestus engine? I used it a lot in 0.90 and then I just lost it! I am now using Astris as my favourite deep space engine due to acceptable ISP, infinite restarts & storable propellants.

thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

hey guys - quick one for you all!

anyone knows what happened to the Astrium Aestus engine? I used it a lot in 0.90 and then I just lost it! I am now using Astris as my favourite deep space engine due to acceptable ISP, infinite restarts & storable propellants.

thanks in advance!

Any time I can't find something a Github repository search helps figure it out.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/search?utf8=✓&q=aestus&type=

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/bf4413550e1a873f094d862d72feb2150c64c3e1/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/Aestus_Config.cfg

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/search?utf8=✓&q=aestus&type=

Do you have the NONONRP0 folder? that can make it not show up, in dev RP-0 its assigned to '92 rocketry.

Where, in the config files, does one find where the progression value(s) is(are) set, or what to look for? I've got a Science mode game going, and I cant seem to unlock the more advanced engines as I advance through the tech t ree, since, well, no progression...

Thanks

On 10/29/2017 at 7:57 AM, phoneix_007 said:

Try making sure that 'part upgrades' are enabled in your save game.  I've seen a few instances of unadjustable tank bug reports where they've been disabled in the game settings entirely.  Also make sure that you have purchased the upgrades in the tech tree that unlock the larger tank sizes (not sure where they would be located in RO/RP-0).

16 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Try making sure that 'part upgrades' are enabled in your save game.  I've seen a few instances of unadjustable tank bug reports where they've been disabled in the game settings entirely.  Also make sure that you have purchased the upgrades in the tech tree that unlock the larger tank sizes (not sure where they would be located in RO/RP-0).

I finally fixed it! For some weird reason it was caused by SSTU Extension :/ but I don't know what caused it though

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi there! 

I was wondering if RO has support for the SpaceX engines from the mod 'Launchers pack'. It has some very interesting Raptor engines and even packs of them. 

It only support the Falcon 1 I believe, there is a Realism Overhaul config that you can download from the Launchers Pack thread that contains the Falcon 9 1.2 and Falcon Heavy configs.

On 2.11.2017 at 12:57 AM, Bornholio said:

Any time I can't find something a Github repository search helps figure it out.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/search?utf8=✓&q=aestus&type=

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/bf4413550e1a873f094d862d72feb2150c64c3e1/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/Aestus_Config.cfg

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/search?utf8=✓&q=aestus&type=

Do you have the NONONRP0 folder? that can make it not show up, in dev RP-0 its assigned to '92 rocketry.

@hypervelocity

It seems like Aestus II config was removed before release of RO v.11.5.1 and it was added once again few days later (so it doesn't exist in the latest release)  https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs/Aestus_Config.cfg

Edited by winged

Hi all, 

I was looking for some advice regarding a problem I've not seen on previous versions of RO/KSP. 

I don't know why but when trying to build a quite big rocket using for example 8 symmetric engines.

After lift off,  the rocket starts to rotate more and more. It seems like the gimbal is making it to rotate? Have you ever experienced something similar? 

Edited by jrodriguez

Is it just me* or do the TLS mass levels in RO seem higher than expected?  If so... where might one look to understand the basis for the mass of these various supply components?

I'm happy to "soldier on" with my own** on this inquiry, but thought it might be helpful to politely ask if anyone out there has any pointers/thoughts/opinions... any input would be nice and very much appreciated.

My first thought (and my personal preference) is to not immediately pester the mod author - as this person is also a squad developer.  

Thanks in advance to any and all.

W.

* To be fair, it could be just me :wink: 

** I'll report back if I find anything of substance ( IOW don't wait up)

I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this but I just noticed that when I use an SSTU engine cluster, the mass is wrong.  A single SSTU engine returns the correct mass.  But as soon as you try to use more than the "Single" Layout, each extra engine has the mass of 2 engines.  So a dual cluster weighs the same as three engines.  A triple cluster has the same mass as five engines.  Etc.  Has anyone else experienced this?