[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Alright, turns out  ROEngines was somehow responsible for the missing FASA engines, I went through removing mods a few at a time to narrow it down and that was it.  Is that intended?  Thinking about it it makes sense for it to remove identical engines from other mods since it's supposed to streamline things, the problem is I "needed" the particular models from FASA, and some engines just weren't there, like the baby sergeant rockets for early US probes.

Edited by SpartanJack17
Added more info

I didn't think I would need to point this out but ROEngines is incompatible with any mod that it uses parts from. It disables the original parts using mm patches and creates the new ones with different names. This breaks any craft files or saves you have using the old parts and obviously the original parts won't show up if ROEngines is installed. You can't use both the original mod and ROEngines, pick one.

Hey! I'm really sorry if someone already asked this but under 1.6.1 i am having trouble getting the Orion Service Module to work from SSTU. I can configure the fuel in the VAB but once i go to the launch pad I lose the configuration so the Service Module cannot be used. How can i correct this?

14 hours ago, SpartanJack17 said:

Alright, turns out  ROEngines was somehow responsible for the missing FASA engines, I went through removing mods a few at a time to narrow it down and that was it.  Is that intended?  Thinking about it it makes sense for it to remove identical engines from other mods since it's supposed to streamline things, the problem is I "needed" the particular models from FASA, and some engines just weren't there, like the baby sergeant rockets for early US probes.

If you look here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/ROEngines#where-are-my-parts

I give instructions on how to show the hidden parts using Patch Manager. I apologize as I thought I included these instructions before.

38 minutes ago, saithraphim said:

Hey! I'm really sorry if someone already asked this but under 1.6.1 i am having trouble getting the Orion Service Module to work from SSTU. I can configure the fuel in the VAB but once i go to the launch pad I lose the configuration so the Service Module cannot be used. How can i correct this?

SSTU is very broken in RO 1.6.1 due to some massive changes from SSTU side of things.

17 hours ago, raidernick said:

You can't use both the original mod and ROEngines, pick one.

The thing is that the original mod in most cases not only got engines but other parts as well - and forcing the user to remove all the other parts to have the engine in another mod collection is kinda hard.

When starting a new game it should be totally okay to use both - and this is the reason why I created the autopruner und unpruner batch files (now with .prnl file for Autopruner.exe as well).

RO / RP-1 is responsible for many parts no more showing in the usual Filter Extensions created categories and subcategories and stuff has to be found by digging like crazy whatsoever - so it's not any additional bothering when ROEngines is used instead of the mod's own engines.

btw last session worked again, issues were gone and with ROEngines AND some mods AND my pruning done I was able to launch a vessel, so it works.

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 5/30/2019 at 5:28 AM, pap1723 said:

SSTU is very broken in RO 1.6.1 due to some massive changes from SSTU side of things.

Noticed that, some idea what needs to be done with the RO Patches? With some pointing i could try fixing it.

15 hours ago, jdub3350 said:

Is there anything in this log file that might indicate why my rockets are getting stuck to the pad?  Even with a 1.5 TWR they seem like they are stuck on something.  Thanks for any and all help. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WonAiywyX-nkFPYq9k1hUAjms8XrqHM9/view?usp=sharing

If I have to guess, you have an SSTU procedural decoupler on there that is smaller than 0.25m, make it at least 0.25m and the problem will be fixed.

4 hours ago, pap1723 said:

If I have to guess, you have an SSTU procedural decoupler on there that is smaller than 0.25m, make it at least 0.25m and the problem will be fixed.

Would have never guessed that.  I'll take a look tonight and let you know how it works. 

6 hours ago, jdub3350 said:

Would have never guessed that.  I'll take a look tonight and let you know how it works. 

When they are below about 0.23m, they have a negative decoupler power and KSP does not like that.

17 hours ago, pap1723 said:

When they are below about 0.23m, they have a negative decoupler power and KSP does not like that.

I looked through the debug at launch and most of the errors being thrown were from modules specific to EngineLightingReLit.  I removed it last night and will have to build a new craft to test.  

If I were to change in GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/SSTU/SSTU_Tanks.cfg-

@MODULE[SSTUModularPart]
  {
  @diameterIncrement = 0.1
  @minDiameter = 0.1
  @maxDiameter = 99.0
  %enableVScale = true
  !UPGRADES,*{}

}

And change the @diameterincrement to =1.0, would that cause all the SSTU procedurals to increase the step size to 1.0? 

1 hour ago, jdub3350 said:

I looked through the debug at launch and most of the errors being thrown were from modules specific to EngineLightingReLit.  I removed it last night and will have to build a new craft to test.  

I had this one and it is due to EngineLightingRelit latest version that is for KSP 1.7.0 it seems that is getting suggested in CKAN as compatible with previous KSP versions when actually it is not. This is happening with a lot of mods released for KSP 1.7.X because the creators are not updating the version info file to say that the min ksp version should 1.7.0.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:53 AM, jdub3350 said:

Is there anything in this log file that might indicate why my rockets are getting stuck to the pad?  Even with a 1.5 TWR they seem like they are stuck on something.  Thanks for any and all help. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WonAiywyX-nkFPYq9k1hUAjms8XrqHM9/view?usp=sharing

Not sure by your comments if you sorted it, but KSP also does not like negative mass objects. Sometimes TweakScale works funny with specific parts.

37 minutes ago, MadArkael said:

Not sure by your comments if you sorted it, but KSP also does not like negative mass objects. Sometimes TweakScale works funny with specific parts.

Seeing you know a lot about KSP. Can you please help me with my problem too? I can’t wait to get RO/RP-0 fully functional.

1 hour ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Seeing you know a lot about KSP. Can you please help me with my problem too? I can’t wait to get RO/RP-0 fully functional.

You'll need to post a log at the least if you want help.

2 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

I have played a lot of KSP, I do not, however, know a lot.

I'm assuming that's a 1.3.1 installation, If you have a save and crafts you dont want to go away, copy your entire Kerbal Space Program directory to another folder and generate a clean 1.3.1 install. Fire the game up once with no mods. Then install the barebones to get RO/RSS/RP-0 working. If real plume still isnt working at that point, I have nothing for you. However, if it is working, then you know it was a mod.

10 hours ago, MadArkael said:

I have played a lot of KSP, I do not, however, know a lot.

I'm assuming that's a 1.3.1 installation, If you have a save and crafts you dont want to go away, copy your entire Kerbal Space Program directory to another folder and generate a clean 1.3.1 install. Fire the game up once with no mods. Then install the barebones to get RO/RSS/RP-0 working. If real plume still isnt working at that point, I have nothing for you. However, if it is working, then you know it was a mod.

I have a 1.6.1 install and already tried your way solving that

11 hours ago, Flibble said:

You'll need to post a log at the least if you want help.

File: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0C2dEG0Zsg99FmKugs5lf_r7w#Player

LOOOOOONG Video showing the problem with watermark: 

2 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

You have over 8000 instances of MissingFieldException: Field '.KSPParticleEmitter.pe' not found. I suspect that's the issue.

Possible causes, the following mods didn't load:

• BahaSP/Plugins/BDAnimationModules.dll
  • KSPWheel/Plugin/KSPWheel.dll
  • SSTU/Plugins/SSTUTools.dll

I suspect it's one of those breaking things. In particular SSTU is known to be broken with RO at the moment, so I'd try uninstalling that as a starting point.