[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

That is a procedural tank.  I think the definition of tank 3 is part of RP-1 (which I also have installed).  However you don't need a tank 3, the important part is that you have selected the correct fuel, and that requires a working Realfuels mod.  (Indeed don't install RP-1 until you have a working RO install.  Adding more mods will just make diagnosing the problem harder).

I'm still requesting those screenshots, so I can have some idea of what is working and what isn't working and hence what might be the actual cause of your engine not working.

@Hungry_Dragon265Your tank has liquid hydrogen and stock KSP oxidizer in it. RL10 in Realism Overhaul uses liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen. In VAB, right click on your tank part and select 'delete all tanks' option. It should then show you an option of '72% LH2/28%LqdOxygen' (or something similar, I don't remember the exact numbers for RL10). Click that, it will automatically fill your tank with a correct fuel to oxidizer ratio that RL10 engine uses. And if it doesn't work for this tank, then just use Procedural Parts.

1 hour ago, Hungry_Dragon265 said:

i didn't get the autofill button so i don't know what to do

Did you try to take another tank, not just the one from your screenshot? (I personally use Procedural Parts or ROTanks for my fuel tanks) If no tank has an "Autofill" button, are you sure that you have installed RealFuels correctly?

It would be also very helpful if you can provide us with a image of your GameData folder

2 hours ago, Hungry_Dragon265 said:

It worked but I lost All the engines

Okay, now im very confused, what do you mean with you lost all of your engines. Dont they show up in the VAB? If so, did you change something that was not the case before? (e.g. deleted a mod)

Please give us a more detailed description of your (new?) Problem. 

3 hours ago, Hungry_Dragon265 said:

*removed images*

All the thing you see on the left side are Dutch so if you need to need anything i will help you

Dude....I hate to say this but @Starwaster was right you are definitely not ready for RO/RSS, but I'd go even further than that and say based on what I'm seeing in your gamedata folder(parent mod folders, multiples of the same thing, github master folders and many many other issues), that you aren't even ready to be using mods yet at all. This mod isn't the right place for beginners who don't have down the basics of a modded install to be asking for help, let alone trying to use one of the most complex for installation and difficult to learn mods for this game. I think you need to take a step back, don't even look at RSS/RO and go to some tutorials for basic mod installation first. Once you have that down, slowly add some small mods and get used to them before trying to jump headfirst into something like this.

Edited by raidernick

1 hour ago, raidernick said:

Dude....I hate to say this but @Starwaster was right you are definitely not ready for RO/RSS, but I'd go even further than that and say based on what I'm seeing in your gamedata folder(parent mod folders, multiples of the same thing, github master folders and many many other issues), that you aren't even ready to be using mods yet at all. This mod isn't the right place for beginners who don't have down the basics of a modded install to be asking for help, let alone trying to use one of the most complex for installation and difficult to learn mods for this game. I think you need to take a step back, don't even look at RSS/RO and go to some tutorials for basic mod installation first. Once you have that down, slowly add some small mods and get used to them before trying to jump headfirst into something like this.

I am playing KSP for a couple of years now if I am not wrong since june 2017

2 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

Okay, now im very confused, what do you mean with you lost all of your engines. Dont they show up in the VAB? If so, did you change something that was not the case before? (e.g. deleted a mod)

Please give us a more detailed description of your (new?) Problem. 

i changed nothing at all.  I copied the RO file and put them in to my gamedate

Edited by Hungry_Dragon265

@Hungry_Dragon265 regardless of how long you’ve played @raidernick is correct. Your GameData folder is a mess. You clearly have things improperly installed and a screenshot of the folder is not going to be enough. (@everyone STOP DOING THAT. Do not ask for screenshots of a folder. Ask for logs instead. Log + ModuleManager.ConfigCache has 5000% as much information and is text searchable)

Hungry: ksp.log + ModuleManager.ConfigCache NOW. 

@Hungry_Dragon265, although I concur with @Starwaster & @raidernick, I will provide one last-resort piece of advice that might put this behind you.

Please follow these steps. Do nothing more, nothing less. You will be the only one judging whether you followed these steps correctly, so do it consciously. The following steps assume you want to use KSP version 1.7.3, the lastest for which RO is available, and Real Solar System (if this is not the case, disregard Step # 6 and move straight to # 7).

1- Find the path to the folder Steam downloads games in your computer;

2- Find the KSP folder, delete it;

3- Steam > Library > KSP > Right Click, Properties > "Betas" tab > Select 1.7.3 KSP on the Dropdown menu > Close > Install the game

4- Download CKAN (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases) > Put the downloaded CKAN.exe file in your KSP folder (path should be "...\KSP\CKAN.exe")

5-  Start CKAN > Click "Yes" to all pop-ups

6-  Within CKAN's mod list, find & select Real Solar System, click "Apply Changes". Suggestions & Recommendations will appear before installing: de-select Realism Overhaul (i.e. Don't install it yet). Click "Continue".

7-  After these mods' installation, within CKAN's mod list, find & select Realism Overhaul. Suggestions & Recommendations will appear before installing: select whatever mods you want. Click "Continue".

8- After this installation, close CKAN.

9- Run the game.

Hopefully this works for you.

Edited by hypervelocity

12.7.4 released! https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v12.7.4

Hotfix Changes

• Make rcs quads visible in ksp 1.7.3(This was a big oversight on my part)

Regular Changes

• Fix kerbal scale of Advanced Capsule
  • Add RA modules to FASA, BDB, DECQ
  • Add F2 Agena
  • Fix tweakscale FATAL error
  • Make DRE heatshields available even with ReStock
  • Make Derwent V compatible with Ven's 2.x
  • Fix mm error with stock battery
  • Fix star 48b and star48bv for kk launchers
  • Fix removal of duplicate atk parts if kk launchers is installed
  • Various Raidernick fixes:
    • Fix block d vernier ignitions for kerosene version
    • Fix soyuz EC rates
    • Fix soyuz crafts for ec rates
    • Auto hibernation on soyuz craft files
    • Separate TRS rcs from model
    • Fix TRS plume
    • Fix TRS CoM offset
    • Fix UDA mass
    • Fix Skylab mass
    • Fix soyuz t craft file abort group
    • Fix titan iv interstage title and description
    • Add titan 34d subassemblies

Thanks to @lpgagnon, @raidernick and @Capkirk123 for work on this latest update!

Edited by Theysen

7 hours ago, lk00david said:

Hi, just curious of if/when a patch for breaking ground would be available. Or should I just switch back to IR? Thanks :)

I can't speak to the RP-0 devs, but I've been working on a RSS/stock parts rescale mod and ran into a nasty bug for Breaking Ground robotic parts.  Basically while in the VAB any parts attached to a Breaking Ground robotic part will have the robotic part's rescale factor (kerbal parts need to be 1.6 larger to make them 'real' sized) to its children, but only when placing parts a 'copy' (i.e. alt-click) of a part or a part in symmetry mode. 

This means if you make the robotic parts 'real' sized all the parts it's attached to 'blow up' in size when building with them.  Attached parts become 1.6x larger for no good reason.  The strange thing is, this only happens in the VAB/SPH.   When you launch the craft, the parts go back to normal size.  It make building things very difficult though.  You can still use the parts at their default size, but that means they are kinda puny for RSS.

1 minute ago, Pehvbot said:

I can't speak to the RP-0 devs, but I've been working on a RSS/stock parts rescale mod and ran into a nasty bug for Breaking Ground robotic parts.  Basically while in the VAB any parts attached to a Breaking Ground robotic part will have the robotic part's rescale factor (kerbal parts need to be 1.6 larger to make them 'real' sized) to its children, but only when placing parts a 'copy' (i.e. alt-click) of a part or a part in symmetry mode. 

This means if you make the robotic parts 'real' sized all the parts it's attached to 'blow up' in size when building with them.  Attached parts become 1.6x larger for no good reason.  The strange thing is, this only happens in the VAB/SPH.   When you launch the craft, the parts go back to normal size.  It make building things very difficult though.  You can still use the parts at their default size, but that means they are kinda puny for RSS.

eww, does sound like a nasty bug... I really was just wondering about the masses b/c they seem tremendously high for what they are, a powered hinge weighs almost a ton! But yeah, I might jsut go back to using IR for my payload bays and such :P 

Thanks for the intel tho :D 

Edited by lk00david
adding a thank you