[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

3 hours ago, Jim123 said:

okay messed with it some bit whenever i put the docking port on the side of a procedural tank and place another part on the docking port and re root it it crashes.

That's almost certainly not related to RO at all considering RO just rescales the those particular parts. Try the same thing in stock to see if it still crashes. If it does then you need to talk to those mod authors, if it doesn't the only possible thing I can think of that might be causing it is that real fuels modules being added to the procedural tanks somehow interacting with it in a weird way(though that still wouldn't really be an RO issue, and I can't see how real fuels would be to blame, but that's the only commonality in mods used in RO that affects those parts outside of rescaling them).

Edited by raidernick

@Jim123

If you're on KSP 1.3.1 then you need to move on to 1.6.1

What you're describing sounds like an issue between KSP 1.3.1 and Procedural Parts. No fix was ever found for the problem as the actual error was occurring in KSP's code. The problem resolved post KSP 1.4

As far as I know it hasn't been reported in any recent versions of KSP

Hey i was curious, in the same way ROTanks has ported all that cool stuff from SSTU does anyone know if the Orion parts will be ported into a project designed to work with RO? Because SSTU is broken with 1.6 RO and i feel like the that is the main thing missing

Edit:Same

Edited by saithraphim

1 hour ago, saithraphim said:

Hey i was curious, in the same way ROTanks has ported all that cool stuff from SSTU does anyone know if the Orion parts will be ported into a project designed to work with RO? Because SSTU is broken with 1.6 RO and i feel like the that is the main thing missing

Edit:Same

Well, it could be un-broken with regards to RO 1.6 - all it takes is a little elbow grease. The parts are all the same, mostly. The worst thing that happened to them is that many of them were renamed. I see a lot of people lamenting that SSTU isn't available any more but none of them want to go and fix the configs. That person could be you if it's something you care about.

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

Well, it could be un-broken with regards to RO 1.6 - all it takes is a little elbow grease. The parts are all the same, mostly. The worst thing that happened to them is that many of them were renamed. I see a lot of people lamenting that SSTU isn't available any more but none of them want to go and fix the configs. That person could be you if it's something you care about.

I'd love to give it a shot, i'm not sure where to start thought but i start digging! 

Edit: There also is a more potentially complicated issue, the Service Module does not retain fuel settings running with RO 1.6 so the AJ10 engine doesn't fire unless

Edited by saithraphim

14 hours ago, saithraphim said:

Edit: There also is a more potentially complicated issue, the Service Module does not retain fuel settings running with RO 1.6 so the AJ10 engine doesn't fire unless

What do you mean exactly? You mean its resources? It loses the resources you add to it? Or what? 

And unless... what? That's incomplete.

22 hours ago, Starwaster said:

What do you mean exactly? You mean its resources? It loses the resources you add to it? Or what? 

Hello there. Can you please help me with my problem too? I basically get so low TWR from Titan II (FASA) that it takes about a minute to reach 100m/s + i can’t use hypergolics on my AJs. Craft file above your post.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:04 AM, Starwaster said:

Rly Sorry about that. I meant that after you select the Fuel for the Orion Service Module in the VAB, when you go to launch the fuels are cleared out so the engine will not start. Interesting if you were running 1.3.1 when you select the Orion Service Module the correct fuel for the engine is selected.

Btw, if you attach an external tank to the Service Module and set the fuel, that will work.

I don't have a issue going in there and doing the work to get things configured, but because i'm very new to this its hard to know where to start. I'm working on it now

@saithraphim Please post screenshots with the service module's PAW both in the VAB and on the launch pad with its 'fuels cleared out'

@KnedlikMCPE I have no idea what 'so low TWR' means that's too vague and too subjective. Please say exactly what TWR value you are seeing at launch. Also, what engines are you using? And I think you should also post your log file and your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file (it's in the GameData folder)

41 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

It’s name is “vaporvent”, it’s labeled for 1.2.2 i think on spacedock

When presenting craft files for problem demonstration and reproduction you should always use only what is required to demonstrate the problem. That mod and the its vent part in the craft file don't look necessary and it forces me to have to download something else that's not part of Realism Overhaul. Please re-upload the craft without it

Edit: Ok never mind. I got it to load without the vent parts by changing them to something else. You're not using the right engines for that rocket. The parts are the right parts but you have to reconfigure them by clicking the Engine button in the PAW (says Show GUI to the right) or by using the Action Group editor and selecting the engines. There are several configuration buttons representing different versions of that engine.

Read this page. It seems reasonably accurate and will tell you what engines you want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_II_GLV

Don't change the parts, just change the configuration.  LR87-AJ-7 for the first stage and LR91-AJ-7 for the 2nd. You'll go from a SL TWR of 1.01 to 1.26

Edited by Starwaster

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

@saithraphim Please post screenshots with the service module's PAW both in the VAB and on the launch pad with its 'fuels cleared out'

@KnedlikMCPE I have no idea what 'so low TWR' means that's too vague and too subjective. Please say exactly what TWR value you are seeing at launch. Also, what engines are you using? And I think you should also post your log file and your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file (it's in the GameData folder)

Launch Pad                                                 VAB

6FsYtTe.png kXAJA4S.png

5 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@saithraphim Look at the PAW on the launch pad. flame out cause is lack of pressure! You don't have pressurized tanks on that. Nothing there indicates that your fuels are 'cleared out'. 

Even if you properly configure it prior to going to Launch, the result is always the same. Here is what it looked like before going to launch

f3BTy4D.png

@saithraphim that’s not the same image you showed before. And the one on the pad still says lack of pressure. That’s got nothing to do with what resources you do or do not have on there. 

Look people can only help you based on the information you provide. The information you’re giving me says you don’t have the right kind of tank for that engine. 

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

@saithraphim that’s not the same image you showed before. And the one on the pad still says lack of pressure. That’s got nothing to do with what resources you do or do not have on there. 

Look people can only help you based on the information you provide. The information you’re giving me says you don’t have the right kind of tank for that engine. 

@Starwaster I realize it seems that way, but what i'm trying to explain is that while in the VAB the Service Module is configured properly with the correct Tank seen below:

f3BTy4D.png

Then once we go to launch this is what it looks like:

6FsYtTe.png

On the pad the Tank and Fuel configuration goes away and you see that message "Lack of Pressure". Its the strangest thing.