[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

VAB Attachment Node to the Side Bug

Hello masters of spaceflight simulation.  I just downloaded RO 1.7.3 with ckan.  In the VAB when I detach a part or sub-assembly and try to re-attach it, the parent part's attachment node disappears or moves to the side surface rather than staying on the axis of symmetry.  It is making it very difficult to assemble a craft.  I have a feeling it may be related to procedural parts.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks    

2 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

I just started playing with RSS/RO and RP-1.  Other than the recommended mod list in the RP-1 Install wiki is there a list of known compatible mods with RSS/RO?  

If you open the Realism Overhaul folder in Game Data, or browse the same in the git repo there is a list of mods which have configs for realism.  Their config and balance for RP-1 may be questionable if it isn't in the list on the RP-1 wiki.

• 2 weeks later...

I never got my KSP issue fixed, and I'm back at it currently.

Someone mentioned updating the smokescreen for 1.7.3- I found I could uninstall RealismOverhaul, and reinstall it, and with the reinstall came the required mods including the smokescreen. Then I just include anything else that got uninstalled with RO, and I'm good to go. Well, other than the one part which is missing from all my spacecraft.

I think the issue I'm having is related to the RO craft files or RO engines, but they seem to be incompatible with each other. The part I need is, I think, the LR101 engine, which is included in the game, but not recognized by the craft files. It also has different properties than I'm familiar with, so I think the mod I originally found it in was replaced.  Correction: The part I used was the TD-339, which is no longer in the game. 

Again, my issue is that when I try to load my save, it says vessel "is missing part RO-SurveyorVernier" for almost all my spacecraft (I used this engine a ton), which happened after I updated from 1.6.1 to 1.7.3. I'm using the full RO suit, along with a ton of other mods, but I tried not to remove any part mods when I updated. 

I'm going to try digging around in the part files, and maybe try to just make a new part. 

Edited by JohnKurveen
Incorrect information

14 hours ago, KingKerb said:

Can I use RO without realchute? No parachutes are appearing in the parts list and it seems like realchute might be causing the problem.

Real Chutes is listed as a dependent mod, so I wouldn't risk it.

When you say there are no parachutes in the part list, does the parachute tab show up for you? Is it just empty? Also, if you go to the space center, you should be able to open up the real chute settings and see if there's anything in there which would cause an issue. 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, JohnKurveen said:

Real Chutes is listed as a dependent mod, so I wouldn't risk it.

When you say there are no parachutes in the part list, does the parachute tab show up for you? Is it just empty? Also, if you go to the space center, you should be able to open up the real chute settings and see if there's anything in there which would cause an issue. 

Nevermind, I fixed the problem

14 hours ago, LukaDaBoi said:

Why don't you have all the needed mods in the RO instead of having it separate? Also i can't find it on CKAN, only RO craft files.

because other mods are made by other people and they control how they'd like their mod to be available to the public.

if you can't see Realism Overhaul for KSP 1.7.3 or earlier on CKAN you are doing something wrong.

2 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

because other mods are made by other people and they control how they'd like their mod to be available to the public.

if you can't see Realism Overhaul for KSP 1.7.3 or earlier on CKAN you are doing something wrong.

I understand now and i had CKAN on 1.7.3 but i found it after restarting my pc.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:56 PM, LukaDaBoi said:

Why don't you have all the needed mods in the RO instead of having it separate? Also i can't find it on CKAN, only RO craft files.

One more thing that I'll add is that if you select RO on CKAN, after hitting "apply changes" and continue, it should offer you all the suggested/recommended mods as part of RO, as well as install all of the dependencies.

Apologies if someone has asked this before. Does anyone know what the performance impact is of ROTanks vs. Procedural Tanks? I'd like to use procedural tanks on some of my main stages, since there's more texture options. However, I don't know if this would cause more lag on larger rockets. Does anyone have any experience with lag differences between procedural tanks and ROTanks? Thanks a lot.

PLZ guys i need help! im trying to install RO in the 1.7.3 KSP version via CKAN and im getting this weird message.

<<The following inconsistencies were found:
* TestFlight 1.11.0.0 missing dependency TestFlightConfig
* RealFuels rf-v12.8.4 missing dependency RealFuels-Engine-Configs
* RealPlume 2:v13.1.0 missing dependency RealPlumeConfigs
Error during installation!
An unknown error occurred, please try again!>>

if any of you have any idea how to deal with it plz share :)

On 1/19/2020 at 2:24 AM, Scaramucci said:

You should update this 4 sure

Love this mod

RO will update when RSS updates, which will update when Kopernicus updates. Don't go yell at the Kop developers, they're working very hard. Unity changes to 1.8.1 have made their lives quite difficult.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:56 PM, KnedlikMCPE said:

Is there a thread where i can find some pictures from RO?

On the RP-1/RO wiki there is a link to an album of screenshots from RP-1/RO. Click that link and check the wiki sidebar, the link is called "Community Screenshot Album" or similar. I will be adding more soon. This album is also linked in the RP-1 forum thread.

21 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Are there some realistic space shuttle mods (like Space Shuttle System) for 1.7.3

I believe DECQ's shuttle may be configured. I have seen people play with it but am unsure if the configs are included in RO current. You may need to do some local patching. This link may help:

3 minutes ago, nepphhh said:

I believe DECQ's shuttle may be configured. I have seen people play with it but am unsure if the configs are included in RO current. You may need to do some local patching. This link may help:

And do you know about any ISS or MIR/DSG mod for 1.7.3 RO?