[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Oof, congratulations on the updates guys, till now I've been playing on a 1.2.2 build, but that one is getting a bit of issues xD
Next week I'll finish a new pc build, think I will go for a cplete new 1.3.1 rp-1 KSP then.

Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by DrLicor

58 minutes ago, wasteoinc said:

ehm ehm, what is the difference between rp-1 and rp-0 ? rp 0 is usually stock in rss or am I mistaken??

rp-1 is the last version and it works with ksp 1.3.1
Both are for RSS/RO

Edited by Agustin

What did I do wrong here:

Spoiler

@PART[BFRcargovariant]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
    %RSSROConfig = True
    @MODEL
    {
        @scale = 1.36, 1.36, 1.36
    }
    @scale = 1.36
    @rescaleFactor = 1.0
    @CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0
//    @CoLOffset = 0.0, -8.25, 0.05
//    @CoPOffset = 0.0, -8.25, 0.05

//    @stackSymmetry = 3
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
//    @category = Pods
    stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD
    @stageOffset = 0
    @childStageOffset = 0
//    @CoMOffset = 0, 0.29, 0.0
    @mass = 49.2674
    @crashTolerance = 12
    @breakingForce = 250
    @breakingTorque = 250
    @maxTemp = 3273.15
    @vesselType = Ship
    @CrewCapacity = 0
    @MODULE[ModuleCommand]
    {
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.4//200W for life support base
        }
    }
    !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]
    {
    }
    !MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]
    {
    }
    !MODULE[ModuleGenerator]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[Food]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[Water]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[Oxygen]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[Waste]
    {
    }
    !RESOURCE[WasteWater]
    {
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleFuelTanks
        volume = 1307588.45
        type = ServiceModule
        basemass = -1
        TANK
        {
            name = LqdMethane
            amount = 540949.3
            maxAmount = 558151.3
        }
        TANK
        {
            name = LqdOxygen
            amount = 766639.25
            maxAmount = 766639.25
        }
        TANK
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            amount = 159673.6
            maxAmount = 159673.6
        }
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]
    {
        @PitchTorque = 62.5
        @YawTorque = 62.5
        @RollTorque = 62.5
        @RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
        {
            @rate = 0.500
        }
    }
    !MODULE[ModuleRCS*]
    { }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleRCSFX
        thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
        resourceFlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
        thrusterPower = 20.26
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdOxygen
            ratio = 0.33
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = LqdMethane
            ratio = 0.05
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 310
            key = 1 174
        }
    }
}

On 1/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, Byte_Bot said:

Great mod however there currently seems to be a bug in that whenever I select earth  time the option cannot be applied and whenever I exit the settings window it it instantly deselected. All other settings seem to work though

This mod makes no changes that could ever possibly affect that at all, it's actually impossible since this just manages the stock parts and mod parts using module manager. You have some other mod causing a problem and it's not this.

20 hours ago, raidernick said:

This mod makes no changes that could ever possibly affect that at all, it's actually impossible since this just manages the stock parts and mod parts using module manager. You have some other mod causing a problem and it's not this.

Thanks forgot to update my comment after I tracked down the bug it was something to do with TAC life support but after reinstalling the mod it was fine

I downloaded real fuels and it installed fine. But when I filled up the tanks with Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Hydrogen, the engine wouldn’t ignite. I know the RS-25 Orion Main Engines use that so why don’t the vectors even though it’s an RS-25 replica?

1 hour ago, MSA said:

I downloaded real fuels and it installed fine. But when I filled up the tanks with Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Hydrogen, the engine wouldn’t ignite. I know the RS-25 Orion Main Engines use that so why don’t the vectors even though it’s an RS-25 replica?

It absolutely uses LH2+LOX.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/Squad/RO_Squad_Engines.cfg#L2655-L2665

Your problem lies somewhere else but it's going to be hard to tell you what the problem is because you provided no information that could assist in troubleshooting.

Better description of the problem, Logs, ModuleManager.ConfigCache, and optionally the craft file for the craft giving you problems (with stock + RO dependency parts only) and even more optionally screenshots of the offending craft.

Edited by Starwaster

5 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Your problem lies somewhere else but it's going to be hard to tell you what the problem is because you provided no information that could assist in troubleshooting.

I used stock 1.25m fuel tanks.

should I download the real fuel tanks?

If so, what mod is it?

Does the new update fixes the RealScale issue with the runway?
That's what's putting me off playing the game. I had a blast rocketing away with the full difficulty of the mod on 1.2.2 two years ago. But once they implemented Facility Maintenance and I upgraded for 1.3.1, I can't launch planes anymore =/.
I could always use legacy mods. But it just feels like missing out on so much of the game. Or I could not install RealScale. I tried that, and my very first rocket reached 2,000,000 Km.
Well, rocket science isn't supposed to be easy, so I closed the game and never launched it again.

That's a KSP issue, I know. So I guess the real question here is if the 1.4.5 update fixed that thing with the runway.

Also, using Kerbal Constructs doesn't work. The bumpy runway is the smallest issue here. I'm having trouble taking off from the grass. The wheels seem made out of butter they're so slippery.
I've seen people reviewing the 1.6 update and it seems they've fixed that old issue with crafts spawning floating when you load them. Maybe they're using double precision now. That should fix the runway and slippery wheel issues also.
The stock game is also WAAAY less memory intensive. The guy loaded a huge craft with lots of parts on KSP 1.5x, then loaded it on KSP 1.6.1 and the memory footprint was halved. And that was not a measely 250MB saved, but a whooping 2 GB. My jaw dropped when I saw that video.

Also, we really need an AutoPruner to go with all procedural parts. Last time I used the real deal autoPruner, it only went through the stock parts. I remove them manually and it saves me a lot of memory and time searching for the parts I want. I'd make the mod myself, but unfortunately I'm a very noobish coder.
Procedurals make most tanks, boosters and wing parts pointless. And are way more memory efficient.

2 hours ago, Thaua said:

Also, we really need an AutoPruner to go with all procedural parts. Last time I used the real deal autoPruner, it only went through the stock parts. I remove them manually and it saves me a lot of memory and time searching for the parts I want. I'd make the mod myself, but unfortunately I'm a very noobish coder.
Procedurals make most tanks, boosters and wing parts pointless. And are way more memory efficient.

There are also a lot of duplicate engine and pod-parts if you install different part-mods. It would be nice to have a convenient way to prune duplicates and unwanted parts to make KSP run smoother and clean up clutter. :)

What electrical propulsion is supported by RO?  Some engines seem to give very unrealistic acceleration in mecjeb, despite being listed as having realistic thrusts.   There also seems to be a lot of imbalance in thrust vs electrical power for engines with comparable specific impulse.

Are non-RO compatible parts always marked as such?

Its great having a 30 ton ship accelerate at 0.1G with only a megawatt and 6000 second ISP, but that seems a bit unlikely...

On 1/27/2019 at 1:28 AM, MaltYebisu said:

There are also a lot of duplicate engine and pod-parts if you install different part-mods. It would be nice to have a convenient way to prune duplicates and unwanted parts to make KSP run smoother and clean up clutter. :)

@MaltYebisu https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/147463-145-151-161-end-your-parts-list-nightmare-introducing-the-janitors-closet/

On 1/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Thaua said:

Also, using Kerbal Constructs doesn't work. The bumpy runway is the smallest issue here. I'm having trouble taking off from the grass. 

I second this.

The bumpy/broken runway is super annoying.

I have tried Kerbal Constructs but the issue remains: somehow the game manages to break KC's props as well.

How is the rest of the RO/RSS community dealing with spaceplane launches?