[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am hoping someone can help...

I am running a new install of RO/RP-1 and having problems with the pricing of the SPE proceedural engines, it seems like they are being charge 1000x their listed value. For example the "B-Class procedural engine" is listed as 42 credits but the VAB cost is 42,000 credits. 

I checked the config files and the pricing is correct in there so I'm thinking there is an interaction with one of the RO or RP1 mods causing it to increase the value by 1000%? 

any help with this is appreciated as I would like to use the SPE procedural engines!

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Avocado Guy said:

Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am hoping someone can help...

I am running a new install of RO/RP-1 and having problems with the pricing of the SPE proceedural engines, it seems like they are being charge 1000x their listed value. For example the "B-Class procedural engine" is listed as 42 credits but the VAB cost is 42,000 credits. 

I checked the config files and the pricing is correct in there so I'm thinking there is an interaction with one of the RO or RP1 mods causing it to increase the value by 1000%? 

any help with this is appreciated as I would like to use the SPE procedural engines!

Thanks in advance.

You haven't tooled the engines. The price is 1000 times higher until they're tooled. Sometimes even if you tool the engines, the tooled configuration isn't properly selected. Make and save a second configuration (no need to tool it) and try switching to the new configuration and back. It should now realize you've tooled your engine.

Edited by nepphhh

On 3/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, nepphhh said:

You haven't tooled the engines. The price is 1000 times higher until they're tooled. Sometimes even if you tool the engines, the tooled configuration isn't properly selected. Make and save a second configuration (no need to tool it) and try switching to the new configuration and back. It should now realize you've tooled your engine.

AHHH thanks so much that bug was the reason I was confused, it wasnt correctly recognising that I had tooled the part. its working correctly now thank you so much!

I need some help with a sticky launchpad bug.  I'm using 1.7.3.  I did a fresh install and the problem persists with big rockets.  I used ckan to install the following mods:

Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.13.0)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.5.5)
HeapPadder (HeapPadder 0.0.1.5)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
Inline Ballutes (InlineBallutes 1.2.9.8)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.11.0.0)
Kerbal Construction Time-1.7.3 (KerbalConstructionTime-173 1.4.6.24)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.6.0)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.7.3-2)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.30.2)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.1.7)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.8.4.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.6.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.0.3)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.16.4)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 17.0)
Precise Maneuver (PreciseManeuver 2:2.4.3)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v1.6.2)
Procedural Fairings - For Everything! (ProceduralFairings-ForEverything v0.3.0)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v1.3.19.1_rel)
Real Antennas (RealAntennas v1.0)
Real Fuels (RealFuels rf-v12.8.4)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.2.0)
Real Solar System (RealSolarSystem v16.4)
Real Solar System Textures - 4096 x 2048 (RSSTextures4096 v13.1)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.7.4)
RealHeat (RealHeat v5.0)
Realism Overhaul (RealismOverhaul v12.8.0)
Realistic Progression One (RP-1) (RP-0 v1.3)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.1.6)
ROCapsules (ROCapsules v1.0.0.0)
ROEngines (ROEngines v1.4.0.0)
ROTanks (ROTanks v1.0.1.0)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0540)
scatterer - default config (Scatterer-config 2:v0.0540)
scatterer - sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0540)
ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.7.1)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin - Realism Overhaul (SmokeScreen-RO 2.8.12.0)
Solver Engines plugin (SolverEngines v3.7.4.1)
SXTContinued (SXTContinued 1:03.28.2)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS v0.13.13.0)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.8.23)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.6.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.8.2)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.1)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.7.2.0)
Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VenStockRevamp v1.13.0)
Ven's Stock Part Revamp Core (VenStockRevamp-Core v1.13.0)
VesselMover Continued (VesselMoverContinued 1.7.5)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, UZZO007 said:

Hi, I'm interested in including modular lauchpad in my ksp modpack, only I don't find the functions for RSS / RO. Could you tell me where to find them? If there is a mod that adds launch platforms for RSS / RO.

You can download Modular Launchpads here.

It will work fine, they maybe won't show up in the VAB but that's because you probably hid them with this step.

But for that you can make a simple MM Patch for all Modular Launchpads Parts and with that rescaling it to real life sizes

@PART[<insertPartNameHere>]:FINAL
{
  %RSSROConfig = true
  @rescaleFactor *= 1.7
}

On 3/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, ValiZockt said:

You can download Modular Launchpads here.

It will work fine, they maybe won't show up in the VAB but that's because you probably hid them with this step.

But for that you can make a simple MM Patch for all Modular Launchpads Parts and with that rescaling it to real life sizes

@PART[<insertPartNameHere>]:FINAL
{
  %RSSROConfig = true
  @rescaleFactor *= 1.7
}

Ok thank you very much

请问ROEngines和FASA、Tearobee之类的引擎Mod一同安装后能否正常运行,并且在VAB/SPH里边会显示哪个包提供的引擎?还有,ROEngines是包括所有RP-1中推荐的引擎Mod还是只是一部分,我安装那些(或者说是安装ROEngines里没有的引擎)会在VAB/SPH中显示吗?在GameData文件夹中创建NoNonRO和NoNonRP0之后也会一切正常吗?

Edited by Peter JY

45 minutes ago, Peter JY said:

请问ROEngines和FASA、Tearobee之类的引擎Mod一同安装后能否正常运行,并且在VAB/SPH里边会显示哪个包提供的引擎?还有,ROEngines是包括所有RP-1中推荐的引擎Mod还是只是一部分,我安装那些(或者说是安装ROEngines里没有的引擎)会在VAB/SPH中显示吗?在GameData文件夹中创建NoNonRO和NoNonRP0之后也会一切正常吗?

这是未翻译的文档,但是它将回答您的大多数ROEngines问题。 NoNonRO和NoNonRP0可以正常工作。
https://github.com/KSP-RO/ROEngines/blob/master/README.md

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Dukemaster said:

As a realism overhaul lover, it pains me when there's a substantial pause every ten in-game seconds. Is this still an issue? Please say it has been, can be, or will be fixed.

I'm guessing there is something wrong with your installation and/or your computer isn't powerful to run that much of mods, never had those issues

What are your PC specs? Also which version your running?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz    53 °C
    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1196MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 065C71 (U3E1)
Graphics
    P223W (1680x1050@60Hz)
    Generic PnP Monitor (1680x1050@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 630 (Dell)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Dell)    48 °C
    ForceWare version: 442.19
    SLI Disabled
Storage
    119GB TOSHIBA THNSNK128GVN8 M.2 2280 128GB (SSD)    36 °C
    931GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 (SATA)    32 °C
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    USB Audio Device

As far as which version I'm running, I haven't had Realism Overhaul installed for a while now. I got to the point where loading up the game took far too long and having those pauses every ten seconds just took all the fun away from it.

7 hours ago, Dukemaster said:

[snip]

As far as which version I'm running, I haven't had Realism Overhaul installed for a while now. I got to the point where loading up the game took far too long and having those pauses every ten seconds just took all the fun away from it.

Your computer is actually pretty good, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing there was something wrong with your installation, loading time depends mostly how many parts mods you've installed. Game startup takes about ~8min for me, that's actually pretty normal. Maybe you should consider trying again, you can follow one of these guides. 1.7.3. is the most stable version, 1.8.1. is a bit experimental for now, but for me it's working great, due to the Unity 2019.2 update in 1.8, performance also got way better.

@Dukemaster's issue (micro freezes in short intervals) sounds like Unity's garbage collection process. I've read your specs and although you have a good CPU this problem would be tied to your memories, which I see are running in Single Channel mode at a modest frequency. I would suggest you to refer to the HeapPadder and MemGraph mods (both available in these forums). Also, I would look into the Hyperspace mod which improves loading times on HDD (given your SDD size I am assuming your KSP install is housed on your HDD).

@EdwardB3020 I am running KSP 1.8.1 with RO's latest version and I have TweakScale installed, hence this proves both mods work fine together. I would suggest you provide more information on the error you are getting so you can get appropriate help. Note there is a procedure in place to request support, try to find that out in the OP and in the forums so you provide whatever's necessary to get help (usually KSP.log and reproduction steps to trigger the error you are experiencing). Also, if you suspect TweakScale to be the culprit, I would take the query to its forum thread, currently maintained by Lisias.

Edited by hypervelocity

16 minutes ago, campbelldw said:

I have just bought KSP.  The version is 1.9.1X, is there a realism overhaul for this version or has it not been released as yet?  Would love to add it but don't want to F things up with a version which is not compatible.

No, RO/RSS is only updated to 1.8.

@campbelldw, did you buy via Steam? If so, you can revert the game to 1.8.1 which is the latest KSP version supported by RO. On your Steam Library, right click on KSP > Properties > Betas tab > Select 1.8.1 on the dropdown menu > Close. Give it a few moments for Steam to update your install and you should be ready to go.