[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

Hmm, i am having issues with it after installing via CKAN, here are my logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vOBrqQvR8LRlpuY3k2d215TUE

and

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vOBrqQvR8LLU9XUmQ0OVEybnc

It is late, i am tired, i am going to bed.

It is crashing at about 3/4 the way through loading

I can also provide my compressed gamedata folder, i had to compress it from 2.6 gigs to 994 megs, I will upload it and link it if wanted

Edited by Munar pilot

7 minutes ago, jarraya said:

I am having the same issue. I get a crash that produces a log with not much information on it. The crash happens when loading parts. I've tried under both 1.3 and 1.2.2.

1.3 is not supported so please refrain from trying in 1.3.

Can you post a screenshot of your GameData? Same for @Munar pilot, don't install any other mods rather the base line for RO in CKAN and then try if that works first. After that you can start adding different mods and tell us which one crash the install!

Source: I installed RO/RP-0 yesterday again with CKAN and don't have any crashes since I didn't install any further part mods from CKAN, so the culprit must be there somewhere. Some people reported they *think* it is caused by a raidernick mod but didn't provide any further info.

2 hours ago, Munar pilot said:

@Theysen I got it working, RN Us probes was causing issues

Yes it is and for the final time for everyone to see here. I am NOT responsible for ckan installs. Currently CKAN is installing the 1.3 versions of my mods on 1.2.2 games and breaking them. I've had a PR open on the ckan github for weeks now to update the version numbers and the people there seem to be AWOL recently. I am being blamed for this breaking people's games.

Edited by raidernick

4 minutes ago, raidernick said:

Yes it is and for the final time for everyone to see here. I am NOT responsible for ckan installs. Currently CKAN is installing the 1.3 versions of my mods on 1.2.2 games and BREAKING them. I've had a PR open on the ckan github for weeks now to update the version numbers and the people there seem to be AWOL. Nothing is being done to merge it and I am being blamed for this breaking people's games. If anyone wants to see this fixed I urge you all to complain to the ckan guys and get this issue fixed ASAP because I've tried and gotten no responses.

Ok, I am gonna install the 1.2 version so i can enjoy it

I reached out to linuxgurugamer about this after suggestions from the RO irc and he was nice enough to get it merged for me right away even though it's not his job to be doing that. Once the ckan meta bot runs the issue should hopefully be resolved minus the texture replacer issues. That mod has been taken over and over again by so many people the netkan files aren't being updated fast enough. I expect the mods to install but I'm not sure the current version of TR has working reflections.

EDIT: CKAN meta bot just ran and indexed the new netkan files. The issues should all be resolved now I checked in the ckan program and for ksp 1.2.2 I'm only seeing the latest 1.2.2 version of my mods not the 1.3 versions.

Edited by raidernick

Little Announcement:

We now also have a #KSP-RO Community Discord Server. It is not as popular and specific as the #RO IRC Channel - where still most of the development and chat is happening, but @pap1723 and others thought about it and created this more modern solution; to give it time to grow and establish for casual talking and easy picture sharing and everything which comes along the features of Discord. If you want to get involved a little in sharing your experiences and talk about the related topics in a more direct way than forums - feel free to join and say hello!

https://discord.gg/WnKNJ8n

10 hours ago, Unieax said:

Hey,

I got a very simple problem. The mod just wont show up at CKAN. Do I have to search for another name or what because the mod is just not there.

Hi.

I would guess you are using KSP 1.3 and marked the compatibility box true, right?

As far as I know R.O. is only available for KSP 1.2.x for the time being.

Thanks Jaeleth your exactly right.

Just one more question: How do I get an older version of KSP?

Ok forget the last question I found the solution myself.

Once more thank you for your fast response and your help!

Edited by Unieax
Found own solution

5 hours ago, etheoma said:

Errr doesn't realism overhual come with real scale solar system anymore? Or did it ever?

Nope.
They play well together (obviously), but I don't think RO is dependent on the planet pack. You could play RO with any (realistically sized) solar system.

9 hours ago, Nightside said:

Nope.
They play well together (obviously), but I don't think RO is dependent on the planet pack. You could play RO with any (realistically sized) solar system.

@Galileo's Planet Pack on 10x scale is for example a nice alternative once you get fed up on the RSS (which is funny but might happen :wink: )

Edited by Theysen

I have noticed that the engine configs for the FASA pack cause for the exhaust to appear way too high above the engine bell. Changing the z-value for localPosition to 4.2 in FASALM_DescentEngine.cfg seems to work pretty well, unless it's just me who's having this issue.

On a side-note, I'm getting some problems with the procedural SRB's. Apparently they cap out at a certain thrust value? I'm trying to lift a Saturn C-8 launch vehicle with 4 of them, but on the pad they are scaled back down to being uselessly small. I haven't been able to find anything in the Procedural Parts RO configs, so is this behavior inherent to Procedural Parts or is there some RO config file that I'm not looking at?

Hi, not sure if I'm posting this on the correct thread, so sorry if I'm not.

So I downloaded the RO/RSS mods, along with some others, but now KSP crashes on loading. The error.log says that mono.dll caused an Access Violation. Can anyone help? 

I'm using the latest version I can find of the mods I'm using.

Picture of my GameData folder (sorry for low-quality picture, screenshots aren't working on my computer for some reason): C7Twfzc.jpg 

Here's a dropbox link to the entire crash folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ikfzqfz7bujcv7n/AAAnuooIGr2HXez-3ArCoiw5a?dl=0

Thanks in advance, and if more info is needed, I'll be happy to provide it. :) 

9 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

but now KSP crashes on loading

You have a ton of mods so everything could go wrong. But for now:

• Module Manager v2.8 is KSP 1.3 only
  • SimpleBoiloff is incompatible with RF

Check these two out and report back. If it still crashes then do a binary check to find out the offending mod.

11 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Check these two out and report back. If it still crashes then do a binary check to find out the offending mod.

Thanks, I'll try that and report back. :)  

22 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

I can't find a SimpleBoiloff mod folder anywhere? Or a SimpleBoiloff mod in general. Am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

It is part of the "Cryotanks" mod:

GameData\CryoTanks\Plugins\SimpleBoiloff.dll

Did you have any luck by just installing the correct MM version?

Thanks, and unfortunately not. I reverted back to MM 2.7.6, but the error.log still says that mono.dll caused an Access Violation. I'll delete the SimpleBoiloff.dll and try again. Or should I delete the whole CryoTanks mod? Thanks

Edited by TheEpicSquared

@TheEpicSquared Since RF takes care of the cryogenics (heat conductivity, boiloff, ullage) i'd say that it would be best to remove it.

If you are still having problems then start by removing any mods that are not required by RSS/RO (including RP-0 and it's own dependencies). If you are still having problems then remove half of the mods (being careful not to remove a mod that is required by another one) any try again.

If everything else fails then crowbar the #$*@(!  do a completely clean install, including a fresh KSP copy.

Edited by Phineas Freak