Dumb things found on the Internet

The Raging Sandwich

51 minutes ago, Kokoro said:

Incase people dont know who Matt Parker is:  http://standupmaths.com/ and https://www.youtube.com/user/standupmaths

Reminds me, I need to add a Parker Square flag to Kerbal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOT_bG-vWyg 

Here you go!

tlfWmtv.jpg

The Parker Square is indeed a thing.

Edited by Physics Student

10 hours ago, NSEP said:

Do you realize i was just joking around and not being 100% serious right?

There was no indication whatsoever of irony in that post.

On 2017-5-6 at 7:22 PM, NSEP said:

[]

On 2017-5-6 at 7:43 PM, Aperture Science said:

You do realize that not everything has to be realistic (especially graphics like that one, which I presume was intended for children), right?

On 2017-5-6 at 8:08 PM, Physics Student said:

Wrong! You have to avoid misconceptions and it's especially critical for children 

17 hours ago, NSEP said:

Do you realize i was just joking around and not being 100% serious right?

But its still is a bad projection of a rocket, i know a 11 year old kid who still believes only people ride rockets, and does not believe rockets mostly carry satellites. He still think satellites launch on their own.

These rockets are not good projection of rockets, especially in a future spacefaring society. 

And im not saying it has to be realistic, but with in least some realism, like even a little bit, these kind of drawings have N O N E

This is a class 8 Poe's Law Incident. As per the Argument Emergency Protocol, the Society of Internet Peacekeeping Initiative, and the Union of United Uniters of the Internet Union Union (section 84 paragraph 8 sentence 2 character 26 pixel 32), you must all now forget everything you were talking about, re-introduce yourselves as if you just met, and completely change your discussion topic. An Automated Morgan Freeman unit will be sent in due notice, to distract everyone with philosophical and/or scientific lectures about the human mind.

Edited by Matuchkin

2 minutes ago, Shadow Wolf56 said:

Dumb Scale 100/10

bBtjVxc.png

Stupid on at least five counts...  Make that seven.

1. Person walked on mars?

2. Really hot = understatement.

3. Winter on Sun?

4. You mean 30,000,000 degrees.

5. Night? On a star?

6. THREE people rated the answer as good?!

7. (Askers rating) People are so stupid.

Yes, exactly. /\

7 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

I don't think so...

Landing on the sun during the night is an old joke who probably predates the Moon landing. 
Typically mission is under preparation in your stupid neighborhood country and even rednecks know its an stupid joke. 
As in you know its hot on the sun and still hot during night, you might not know that its no solid surface, and most don't know that the dv requirements makes it impossible in the first place. 

Yes it some people too stupid to don't get the joke but its overshadowed by the ones who just go on with the joke, or the ones who just hand on and encouraging, either to see if some real idiots post, secondary they can troll a bit.  

40 minutes ago, Physics Student said:

This sums up every KSP rescue mission ever:

Oookayyy i have seen this picture some times on inet but a KSP analogie.... Perfect :D

Funny Kabooms

Urses 

so I was looking on the Inmarsat-5 F4 webcast comments and found this:

hGt4HZB.jpg

oh humanity...

EDIT:

eCnsbp5.jpg

yeah, that's not it...why would spaceX hide that?

I'm just not going to look at these anymore

EDIT2: I lied

on the bright side:

9ZuKRxX.jpg

on the bad side:

YosJLDd.jpg

Edited by StupidAndy
AND another one

If you don't get, why this is stupid, look up what a Reuben's tube is actually supposed to do.

I'm a big Slayer fan and yes, I have done this myself once (this is another video, we didn't record it)

Edited by Physics Student

1 hour ago, Physics Student said:

If you don't get, why this is stupid, look up what a Reuben's tube is actually supposed to do.

Actually that isn't stupid. Though Reuben's tubes are used to display standing waves, it's awesome when they are used to portray music. Veritasium did that on his channel under dubstep, it looked awesome.

BTW, here's something to satisfy you guys. The Flat Earth Society's official forum: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

You'll also see I'm a member:P. PREACH IT! PREACH!

Edited by Matuchkin

Spoiler

.... Note that I've used the VK_EXT_DEBUG_REPORT_EXTENSION_NAME macro here which is equal to the literal string "VK_EXT_debug_report". Using this macro lets you avoid typos. ....

I see ...

A couple of posts have been removed from this thread. Think about it for a moment. The title of this thread is "Dumb things found on the internet". If you then link to something someone said in this community, don't you think that is a bit rude to that person?

33 minutes ago, Deddly said:

A couple of posts have been removed from this thread. Think about it for a moment. The title of this thread is "Dumb things found on the internet". If you then link to something someone said in this community, don't you think that is a bit rude to that person?

Erm. This thread's entire purpose is to mock other people behind their backs... what did you expect? :P 

(Seriously though. I came here expecting funnies. I'm leaving greatly disappointed in more than a few members of our community.)