[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

4 hours ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

I have integrated all the planets and configs under GPO_Scatterer. Add all Planets in planetlist. chance way for planets (Suthe),but I do not know how add new planet for mod. In GPO_Scatterer.cfg add all new (Suthe) Planet "@Body[Sonus,Olu'um,Telos,Butai,Volux,Scorch,Gaia,Niebos]"  

Scatterer  just does not see the setting of a new planet.

What steps need to be taken to add a new planet? (For GPO). 

GPO_Scatterer.cfg is not integration. It is a config patch. You need to add the planetList.cfg from Suthe to the planetList.cfg from GPO.

It's an awkward task, so again, you're better off ditching one of the mods.

Welcome to version 2.3a!

IMPORTANT - Nothing terrain related. You're in luck!

• Using 8K cloud texture for Gaia and Sonus

• Updated dependency: Scatterer

• Water refraction from Scatterer implemented

• Redid Butai's scatterer atmosphere

• Terminator lines now appear

• Increased Olu'um's size to 10,000,000 radius

• Fixed Dreidos and Niebos atmosphere ramps

• Other fixes and quality of life improvements :D

Are you still accepting screenshots of planets? I got a bunch more in the past few days.

I've also been meaning to ask for a while now - What's with those peaks in the west covered in green clouds? (Although I must admit they're fun to fly around)

Edit: Now they're more fun and 10x as scary to fly around.

Edited by TheWanderer05

5 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Are you still accepting screenshots of planets? I got a bunch more in the past few days.

I've also been meaning to ask for a while now - What's with those peaks in the west covered in green clouds? (Although I must admit they're fun to fly around)

Edit: Now they're more fun and 10x as scary to fly around.

I'm still accepting screenshots :)

Those peaks are just an individual biome called 'Toxic Spires' which you can see from space as a cool feature :P

unknown.png

Olu'um now emits light!

Unfortunately, because it has to have its template set to a star to produce light, it looks a tad ugly from close up.

For example, the stock sunflare fades out as you zoom in, which I hate. @KillAshley is there a way to stop the fading-out of the sunflare as you zoom into a star (Kopernicus)?

Edited by Gameslinx

16 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

For example, the stock sunflare fades out as you zoom in, which I hate. @KillAshley is there a way to stop the fading-out of the sunflare as you zoom into a star (Kopernicus)?

That'll require editing the brightnessCurve of the star. For the stock sun it gets lower up-close for this effect.

brightnessCurve
				{
					key = -0.01573471 0.217353 1.706627 1.706627
					key = 5.084181 3.997075 -0.001802375 -0.001802375
					key = 38.56295 1.82142 0.0001713 0.0001713
				}

Look at the first curveKey, then imagine what the curve would look like.

8 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

That'll require editing the brightnessCurve of the star. For the stock sun it gets lower up-close for this effect.

brightnessCurve
				{
					key = -0.01573471 0.217353 1.706627 1.706627
					key = 5.084181 3.997075 -0.001802375 -0.001802375
					key = 38.56295 1.82142 0.0001713 0.0001713
				}

Look at the first curveKey, then imagine what the curve would look like.

Ahhhh thank you very much! This helped an awful lot. I've managed to half-fix the issue. The flare automatically fades out at a certain distance anyway, but it stays bright until then. I could just set a zoom limit since I've seen it somewhere before in the stock configs, if that's possible. If not, no worries. This is what I have so far.

unknown.png

12 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

@Gameslinx keep in mind that, if you classified Olu'um as a star, you can add a custom lens flare to it with Scatterer...

I've tried a small bit but it looks absolutely huge on it!

But yes that's totally something I'd love to do, and I'm surely planning on doing it. I've seen @Galileo's awesome flare textures so I'll have a look at a softer, subtle one (if I have permission to use them, of course.)

w8k3vdn95u9z.jpg

Our friend Olu'um will be making a return as it now glows over the horizon of Telos! It also turns the clouds purple, which is awesome.

I'll be releasing an update once I fix a serious error where MFI is spamming the log because of 'solar flux'. After taking a detailed look at the config, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Interesting...

@The White Guardian Can you elaborate on the units for brightnessCurve? I'm also hoping for understanding to control a sunflare's brightness over distance. Does this affect both stock and scatterer flares?

@Gameslinx That......... That Olu'um Telos screenshot! :blush: It reminds me I wanted to make a sunflare style for Olu'um's class. I've seen stars here and there that call themselves L class but look like T class, including yours.

Spoiler

This is just an approximation.....

njS1rZq.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The White Guardian Can you elaborate on the units for brightnessCurve? I'm also hoping for understanding to control a sunflare's brightness over distance. Does this affect both stock and scatterer flares?

Sorry, that it has to do with lens flare scale over distance is all I know.