[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

19 hours ago, Teh_Kerbol said:

I think there should be a moon that spins fast, but is not copied by any other kopernicus mod (Like OPM's Potatus)

That's a cool idea, it will be more efficient to land when doing an insertion burn the way it rotates. Technically that could save fuel if you land in a certain way. Awesome!

4 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I see no monument on Niebos. It doesnt show up on the Kerbnet.

I don't support Kerbnet yet. I have no idea how to. Unfortunately it is a rare occurance - I'm very sorry about that

Today's Round Up:

Hello! Since I am unable to upload a new build to the Spacedock site, I'm going to start making a daily log of my progress (might skip some days because I make no progress, it depends how time limited I am!)

So here's today: Dread. Despite its name, it's a very friendly, calm planet. It's got some terrain alterations but I reckon it's fun to land on. It orbits dres (Does dres even exist?!) as a valentine's present. Nobody loves dres, so it has a small rock which is gravitationally attached (pun intended) to it.

cAah5nJ.jpg

6 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I'm sorry if i'm overriding you, but what about a moon with a smooth surface except for one huge, tall spike?

I think that might leave the rest of the moon rather boring, so I want to try and avoid just 1 feature, but I may make a moon with 1 very high mountain range which reaches above its atmosphere

1 hour ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I dont see any new moons. maybe i should uninstall and reinstall?

It takes time to make moons. I haven't added the recent one, and I did mention that in the post above:

19 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Since I am unable to upload a new build to the Spacedock site

That ^

Hello,

I come from 9GAG, an i just want to thank you for this masterpiece of a planet pack, its been like 200 hours ago since the last time i saw a reason to leave kerbs atmosphere, and that was to build an orbital weapons platform, and this mod has gotten me exited like a little kid to visit ALL THE PLANETS and start a colony one and god knows what else... im just gonna submit reply and start building my launch vehicle now

56 minutes ago, cateowl said:

Hello,

I come from 9GAG, an i just want to thank you for this masterpiece of a planet pack, its been like 200 hours ago since the last time i saw a reason to leave kerbs atmosphere, and that was to build an orbital weapons platform, and this mod has gotten me exited like a little kid to visit ALL THE PLANETS and start a colony one and god knows what else... im just gonna submit reply and start building my launch vehicle now

Hey 9gagger! You may know me under a different name (CephalonSimaris, or Gameslinx). On the forums I couldn't change my username, so I'm stuck with this one!

I hope you enjoy the planet pack, I've spent longer making it than you have been finding a reason to leave Kerbin's Atmosphere (200 hours!). 

But please note that the pack is in beta, and I apologise for bugs. Enjoy!

57 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Olei is acting strange. i have kopernicus, but Olu'um seems to be the only object existing in that point, weird...........

Do you mean that Olei has been replaced by Olu'um? Or that Olu'um is the only planet from the mod in the game?

Make sure you have these mods in your GAMEDATA directory:

• Olei
  • Kopernicus
  • Modular Flight Integrator
  • Module Manager
  • CTTP

If you are still experiencing problems, please post your Kopernicus.log (Kerbal Space Program > Logs > Kopernicus > Kopernicus.log), thanks!

32 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

but everytime i download kopernicus theres a file that says "Do you want to replace this file: <ksp file> with this file: <another ksp file>

Please do the following:

1. Remove ALL mods (only have SQUAD in your game data folder)
  2. Download version 0.8 of this mod
  3. Follow the instructions provided inside the ZIP file
  4. You should end up with: Olei, Kopernicus, modular flight integrator, module manager and CTTP inside gamedats
  5. Launch the game in 64 bit mode

Let me know if that works.

3 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Please do the following:

1. Remove ALL mods (only have SQUAD in your game data folder)
  2. Download version 0.8 of this mod
  3. Follow the instructions provided inside the ZIP file
  4. You should end up with: Olei, Kopernicus, modular flight integrator, module manager and CTTP inside gamedats
  5. Launch the game in 64 bit mode

Let me know if that works.

even gamedata?

5 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

even gamedata?

Ummm....

No.

Hold up I'll be back soon with a picture

FPuoJcC.png

That's what you should have in gamedata. If the game crashed, you didn't install the mod correctly.

Edited by Gamel0rd1

Welcome to version 0.9.

As 1.0 draws closer, I have been focusing on ironing out a lot of the bugs, whilst improving the overall look of the planets. Yesterday and this morning I took it upon myself to correct the pinching at the poles of the planets. This required a new colourmap to account for the distortion, and so every single one of the planets has a slightly new look. Some are noticeable (for example, Tetra no longer looks like a pizza), others not so much.

pe3Zi93.jpg

Here's the changelog:

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Niebos

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Niebietos

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Volux

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Olei

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Olemut

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Sheathe

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Telos

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Teloslate

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Dusk

• Redone heightmap and colourmap textures for Dread