[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Whats the problem with Rald?

Its working fine on my computer... but maybe I changed something since the last uplaod and forgot to upload again.

I seem to recall my last upload was "moving" KSC to Rald (the version of Rald that was where stock duna is, with duna as its moon)

Today's awesome update!

I've put it off for so long and I need to complete this - BIOME MAPS!

- Sidenote: I've added ONE science definition for when you are landed at a high point on Niebos. Try doing a crew report, and read the log...

That's right - LORE! Each planet will have an anomalous area where a ship or an event has occurred. I'm not going to mention any of these special events here - but it makes bringing every science experiment valuable to record the lore as you go. Please note, only NIEBOS has lore at the moment! (Release ETA is tonight)

Edited by Gamel0rd1

26 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does this change the stock planets/their positions, or add new ones?

All stock planets are kept EXACTLY as they are in the main game.

The planets introduced in this mod attempt to be stockalike and playable with stock scale configurations.

Everyone else: In the new release, I'll be releasing Niebos with its LOVELY seam fix. No more ugly bit! (There's an easter egg on its surface, as well! Some sort of... monument...)

Here's the patch, before and after:

39Nn40y.png

Edited by Gamel0rd1

Hey again everyone.

Unfortunately, due to a colormap and heightmap displacement on Niebos (despite them both being completely identical...), I am unable to submit a build for today. I would like to apologise as I recently promised to update the mod.

I hope you all understand. I will try my best tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Also, I don't know if it's a problem with the mod, or just an incompatibility of mods, but the only planet I have is O'olum. And it's textureless.

Please post your mod list here (preferably a screenshot). I will tell you what's wrong with it if i can.

I have lbsi Rocket Factory, Contract Configurator, Decaying RTGs, Default Action Groups, Discontinued Parts, GAP 1.2.9, KAS, KIS, Kerbal Rotor Expansion, Kopernicus 1.2.2.3, Mechjeb 2, Mk2 Expansion-1.6.11, Mk3 Mini Expansion, MPUtils, Near Future Solar, Phoenix_Industries_EVA, SM Chute, SpaceY lifters, Stockalike Station Parts Expansion, TakeCommand, Texture Replacer, USI Kolonisation and USI Core, Ven Stock Revamp (Outdated, but works fine for me), Waypoint Manager, 000Wild Blue Tools, Buffalo MSEV, Mark One Laboratory Extensions, and Pathfinder. I hope that helps.

1 hour ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I have lbsi Rocket Factory, Contract Configurator, Decaying RTGs, Default Action Groups, Discontinued Parts, GAP 1.2.9, KAS, KIS, Kerbal Rotor Expansion, Kopernicus 1.2.2.3, Mechjeb 2, Mk2 Expansion-1.6.11, Mk3 Mini Expansion, MPUtils, Near Future Solar, Phoenix_Industries_EVA, SM Chute, SpaceY lifters, Stockalike Station Parts Expansion, TakeCommand, Texture Replacer, USI Kolonisation and USI Core, Ven Stock Revamp (Outdated, but works fine for me), Waypoint Manager, 000Wild Blue Tools, Buffalo MSEV, Mark One Laboratory Extensions, and Pathfinder. I hope that helps.

Make sure ModularFlightIntegrator is in your mod list. It's in my mod zip for a reason!

MFI is required for kopernicus.

If that doesn't work, please remove all other mods and try again. If it still doesn't work, send me your Output.log file.

If it works without your other mods, add them in 1 by 1 to find the incompatability. This will help me greatly so I can try and support that mod.

41 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

When I cleared out my mod folder, Ou'olum had actually dissapeared, and none of the planets appeared.

Please show me your Output.log. Also go to Kerbal Space Program > logs > kopernicus. Find kopernicus.log and send that to me here, or paste it.

Sidenote: Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edited by Gamel0rd1

Daily update:

Here's what I have been doing today!

- Fixed Niebos's seam

- In the process of adding Volux, however in the next release it won't be finished (landable, but not the best looker)

- Added a science definition as an Easter egg on Niebos

- Every planet bar Volux now has a biome map with relative science values. I'd say it's nearly career compatible now!

- Added Easter eggs to various planets not visible from the map or scanner

- Raised Niebos's atmosphere to fix its sky bug. There's nothing I can do about the sky blocking its rings - that's a Kopernicus issue.

- Randomly laughing when stuff doesn't work because I've been up for 18 hours straight working on this!

- In the process of adding biomes to Olu'um - this will not be in the next release

- Trying to reduce file size but I can't any further. Sorry!

Thanks for reading. Next release is today or tomorrow morning!

My Kopernicus log displays: Bop.Body Dres.Body, Duna.Body, Eeloo.Body, Eve.Body, Gilly.Body, Ike.Body, Jool.Body, Kerbin.Body, Kopernicus, Laythe.Body, Minmus.Body, Moho.Body, Mun.Body, Pol.Body, Stock.Asteroid, Sun.Body, Tylo.Body, Vall.Body

Also, since I'm a ksp newbie, what's the Output.log?

53 minutes ago, Omegagoldfish said:

Is this compatible with the Gallileo Conquest mod?

No. Gallileo's mod replaces the stock system. This means that the planet Dusk will not be loaded as it orbits eve, and moon Olei won't be loaded as it orbits kerbin. There will be no support for planet packs that replace the stock system.

Although, the rest of the mod works fine with Galileo's planet pack - but you will miss out on dusk and olei

1 hour ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

My Kopernicus log displays: Bop.Body Dres.Body, Duna.Body, Eeloo.Body, Eve.Body, Gilly.Body, Ike.Body, Jool.Body, Kerbin.Body, Kopernicus, Laythe.Body, Minmus.Body, Moho.Body, Mun.Body, Pol.Body, Stock.Asteroid, Sun.Body, Tylo.Body, Vall.Body

Also, since I'm a ksp newbie, what's the Output.log?

OK.

In future when telling me your Kopernicus log - please please please post the *entire* log here. Just copy and paste it all.

Now I understand your problem, though.

You have not installed the mod correctly. As far as I know you got rid of all your mods. Did you get rid of Modular Flight Integrator? You're not supposed to!

Try installing my mod again. YOU MUST have these files inside GameData:

- Olei

- Kopernicus

- Modular Flight Integrator

- CTTP

- Modulemanager

My bad for telling you to provide your output log. It's irrelevant unless there's a crash! Let me know how it goes for you and if you can't get the mod to work I'll upload a quick video on how to install it to save me typing this all out :)

Edited by Gamel0rd1

Welcome to version 0.4.

Perhaps one of the longest awaiting updates, and hopefully one of the more optimising version.

So what's our summary for today?

There's a lot of behind-the-scenes action in today's update. But one of the more interesting features I am proud to present is........

Volux!

MRq2aJK.jpg

0LBECdv.jpg

The second image above is outdated. The pixellation has been fixed.

Now, following on from pixellation, NIEBOS AND VOLUX are now pixel-free! That's (mostly) right. No more annoying terrain pixellation. It's awesome, because it was driving me up the side of KSC!

In other news, you may have noticed lag when zooming out over Niebos. Well, all ocean planets in this mod (Niebos, Volux) have a lot of ocean, meaning a lot of lag. But now? I managed to 1/4 the amount of lag caused by oceans! Zooming out mainly causes it. Staying focused on your craft is normal framerate.

And now Niebos's seam has been fixed. Here's what it looks like now!

h3dIfER.jpg

As well as all this information, we now have BIOMES and SCIENCE VALUES! Whoop! Now most planets are career compatible. What happens if you do a crew report landed at Niebos's mountains? Well....... Why not try it :wink: ?

The mod has been updated!

Edited by Gamel0rd1

I would also like to tag @eloquentJaneas you seem to show a lot of enthusiasm towards this mod, and I truly thank you for that. @TheEpicSquared tagging you as well!

Sorry about the larger file sizes again. 6 biome maps and 3 planet textures is quite a hefty size. I'll try and rescale the biome maps to 512x512, because they don't need to be terribly accurate

Edited by Gamel0rd1

For some reason, this is a buggy nightmare on my install. I have scatterer and SVE. The atmosphere is extremely glitchy (will post some screenshots soon), the terrain is hell, and the ocean floor on Niebos rises above the ocean. I don't know if its because I have conflicting mods, or what. But while it looks nice here, it looks like s*** on my game!

I don't know what to say. The rings look nice, but everything else is... well... you'll see in the screenshots when I get them up.

Update: the oceans don't even use scatterer shaders! What's going on here!?

Additionally, light doesn't even work right. The light side of the planet is perpendicular to the sun, instead of facing it.

GAME! DO YOU EVEN PHYSICS!?

(Sorry about the wall of text there. From the screenshots, it looks like a beautiful mod. I just wish that it wasn't riddled with bugs.)

7 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

For some reason, this is a buggy nightmare on my install. I have scatterer and SVE. The atmosphere is extremely glitchy (will post some screenshots soon), the terrain is hell, and the ocean floor on Niebos rises above the ocean. I don't know if its because I have conflicting mods, or what. But while it looks nice here, it looks like s*** on my game!

I don't know what to say. The rings look nice, but everything else is... well... you'll see in the screenshots when I get them up.

Update: the oceans don't even use scatterer shaders! What's going on here!?

Additionally, light doesn't even work right. The light side of the planet is perpendicular to the sun, instead of facing it.

GAME! DO YOU EVEN PHYSICS!?

(Sorry about the wall of text there. From the screenshots, it looks like a beautiful mod. I just wish that it wasn't riddled with bugs.)

Sorry to be a bit blunt, but you see that huge BETA sign? Yep.

And for the lighting I assume you mean the Olei moon around kerbin? That's an easy fix I must have overlooked when correcting the others. The normal map has to be set to PNG and half transparency, so that will be fixed in the next build.

As for Niebos's ocean floor rising above the sea level - that's to do with the random noise generated. The random noise makes height map pixelation a lot less obvious (there's no other way to get rid of it. On the space dock change log it DOES say that Niebos's ocean is too low, but I can tune down the noise level as well.

"Terrain is hell". I know this. This has been a priority from the start to get fixed. The two first planets - Dusk and Olei, are the worst for this, as well... They were my first ever planets. They will get a brush-over. If you're referring to Niebos or Volux, you may have landed on a bad part of the planet. I can't explore every square metre of it, and it is immensely difficult to get the terrain to look nice AND be land able

And seeing as you didn't see the huge Beta warning, I imagine you didn't think I would have other mod support. Again, sorry for being blunt, but don't expect mod support if mine doesn't work properly yet. (Also I can't get SVE to work properly - no clouds, but scatterer works). Taking a look inside the Olei folder, you will see 'Environmental not working Enhancements'. The configs are there, just not complete.

Scatterer as well. I'm starting from the very bottom and I would like to get the planets to look nice in stock before supporting further visuals.

The atmosphere for Niebos should not be purple - it's actually copied from Olu'um because I had many problems. Luckily I now know how to fix these. The sky kinda cuts off at the moment. The sky also covers up the rings from time to time. That's a Kopernicus bug.

Thank you for taking the time to report these bugs. They are mostly useful to me, although I'm aware of some of these already. You just came off as a bit rude at the start.

Final note:

Please remember, this mod is only being developed by one person. I also have to go to school, study and be social, meaning I do have limited time to develop this mod. I try my best and I know there are bugs, but that's what Beta is about. The next build should contain a lot of bug fixes, especially terrain, as we really need flat surfaces to land on.

Edited by Gamel0rd1

48 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I'm going to have to check this, but I'm reasonably sure that when I downloaded it, Olei wasn't in orbit around Kerbin, it was somewhere else. I don't have the latest version and I haven't played with this mod at all since I took those screenshots the other day though.

Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Olu'um
			color = RGBA(130, 123, 83, 255)

}

I see. I must have moved it at some point. Thanks for pointing this out, it's going back to orbiting Kerbin at a polar orbit!