[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

25 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

And the mod isn't working for you at the moment?

You have installed it correctly - everything is in the correct place! What you need to do now:

You have conflicting versions of Kopernicus.

You need to delete your Kopernicus folder.

After it is deleted, use the Kopernicus folder provided from the planet mod.

Let me know how that goes!

Edited by Gamel0rd1

16 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

It crashed when i put in the Kopernicus folder.

Again.

Hmm. This might be a more serious problem if your game is crashing.

Go to your Kerbal Space Program folder. Go to the Logs folder. Go to the Kopernicus folder. Find Kopernicus.log. Send it to me here and I'll look at what is wrong. Sorry for the problems, I'm trying my best to talk you through it :)

4 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Yep. Some bodies are loaded, but the game crashes at Olu'um, the gas giant. Could you remove everything from gamedats EXCEPT for:

Squad, environmental visual enhancements, CTTP, Olei, Kopernicus, modular flight integrator and module manager?

Then try restarting the game.

25 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

And i remove the second Gamedata, right?

Yep.

Your game data folder (the one with squad in) should only have Squad and the 5/6 folders my mod adds

Wait a sec, what's in the second gamedata?

Edited by Gamel0rd1

So, I got it to work... and I had a GIO.

(Graphics-Induced Orgasm)

But really, looks AMAZING! I'll take some screenshots - I've learned how to manipulate the camera to get some pretty spectacular pictures. You can add them to the album if you want.

One thing that I have noticed is that on Niebos you start experiencing reentry effects at very low speeds (well, relatively low. Around 350m/s) The atmosphere isn't too thick, (0.05atm), but it still has very low reentry speeds. This means that my jets will be burning up. Perhaps you can tweak it (or you can leave it, if it's intentional. I would recommend raising the pressure, as it's hard to get great lift at non-reentry speeds. I always have to pitch the nose up.)

Edited by Raptor22

5 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

One thing that I have noticed is that on Niebos you start experiencing reentry effects at very low speeds (well, relatively low. Around 350m/s) The atmosphere isn't too thick, (0.05atm), but it still has very low reentry speeds. This means that my jets will be burning up. Perhaps you can tweak it (or you can leave it, if it's intentional. I would recommend raising the pressure, as it's hard to get great lift at non-reentry speeds. I always have to pitch the nose up.)

Shall increase the pressure a tad and see how that goes. I've noticed this as well but never paid much attention to it, cheers!

6 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Again, rookie mistake. There shouldn't be two gamedata folders. Perhaps I should make a tutorial video.

6 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Kopernicus and MFI.

Nah I'm able to make an installation video tonight. That should make it a whole lot easier

Looking at that ribbon on @The White Guardian's signature, that reminded me of something:

Final frontier support! Add that to the bucket list!

I do have some ideas for the ribbons. Such as for Niebos, you should use green, blue, and white (considering that they're the prominent colors of Niebos). Or, you could just re-use the one for Kerbin, and slap a Niebos label on it.

But! Getting it ready for 1.0 is the top priority. Once we're out of beta, then we can worry about support for other mods, easter eggs, etc. 

I have recently started a mission to map all of the planets and moons (with my trusty fleet of Viewmatic II satellites, equipped with SCANSAT!), seeing if there's any easter eggs. I didn't see anything in the mod files for any sorts of anomalies. But, you said that there are some. So, I'm guessing that they're probably like the famous giant smiley in Kerbin's oceans:

X4gej50.jpg

Perhaps you can make your own anomalies. Make some monoliths. You said that there was a previous civilization on Volux (polluted oceans, etc. etc.), so perhaps you can make some sort of spaceship or ruin.

This mod has infinite possibility, and I plan to help as much as I can. While I'm not so good in the programming and modelling department (I can really only screw around with configs), I can help with brainstorming ideas and finding + reporting bugs. 

While this mod started as an idea with a lot of bugs, look where it's gotten!

Cheers all around! Can't wait to see where this goes!

15 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Looking at that ribbon on @The White Guardian's signature, that reminded me of something:

Final frontier support! Add that to the bucket list!

I do have some ideas for the ribbons. Such as for Niebos, you should use green, blue, and white (considering that they're the prominent colors of Niebos). Or, you could just re-use the one for Kerbin, and slap a Niebos label on it.

But! Getting it ready for 1.0 is the top priority. Once we're out of beta, then we can worry about support for other mods, easter eggs, etc. 

I have recently started a mission to map all of the planets and moons (with my trusty fleet of Viewmatic II satellites, equipped with SCANSAT!), seeing if there's any easter eggs. I didn't see anything in the mod files for any sorts of anomalies. But, you said that there are some. So, I'm guessing that they're probably like the famous giant smiley in Kerbin's oceans:

X4gej50.jpg

Perhaps you can make your own anomalies. Make some monoliths. You said that there was a previous civilization on Volux (polluted oceans, etc. etc.), so perhaps you can make some sort of spaceship or ruin.

This mod has infinite possibility, and I plan to help as much as I can. While I'm not so good in the programming and modelling department (I can really only screw around with configs), I can help with brainstorming ideas and finding + reporting bugs. 

While this mod started as an idea with a lot of bugs, look where it's gotten!

Cheers all around! Can't wait to see where this goes!

Take a crew report (landed) on Niebos's mountains

There's nothing on ScanSat or terrain anomalies for Niebos yet, but as its terrain is finished it might be better to... Experiment. I'll look into monoliths - especially for Volux and its previous advanced civilidation. 

As a roadmap, all the planets will have snippets of lore hidden in the science experiments. So far only Niebos has this (Get to da mountains!)

PS: if it doesn't work you might be too low down and need another mountain range to try :)

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Bloody epic! :o

This is the kind of stuff that I wrote those tutorials for!

Thank you! They're extremely useful! I've used the general planet creation (using normals, colours and heightmaps) then the procedural (vertex heightabsolute) tutorial, before exporting in Kittopia for the improved height map!

(but how can I fix the checker boarding issue - I tagged you with a picture a page or so back!)

Edited by Gamel0rd1

2 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Make some monoliths

This is not yet possible to do with Kopernicus. The program does notice the mod required for this, PQSCity, but is not (yet?) able to alter it let alone add a new PQSCity mod.

20 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

@The White Guardian Hey! I need a little help again, if you have a moment.

I'm getting this issue on one of my planets:
ahG03NQ.png

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

I'm not familiar with this issue, nor do I have much material to work with. Is it a texture issue? Height issue? Shadow issue? This image doesn't show that much detail.

40 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

This is not yet possible to do with Kopernicus. The program does notice the mod required for this, PQSCity, but is not (yet?) able to alter it let alone add a new PQSCity mod.

I'm not familiar with this issue, nor do I have much material to work with. Is it a texture issue? Height issue? Shadow issue? This image doesn't show that much detail.

It's not apparent by height - more by shadow. I reckon there's something up with the normal map but I have noticed more than 1 planet has this, but not all.

As I'm stumped I don't really have any other theory to go off - I'm sorry

15 minutes ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

It's not apparent by height - more by shadow. I reckon there's something up with the normal map but I have noticed more than 1 planet has this, but not all.

As I'm stumped I don't really have any other theory to go off - I'm sorry

Could you post the PQSMods of the planet in question? I have a gut feeling that I know what could be responsible.

10 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Could you post the PQSMods of the planet in question? I have a gut feeling that I know what could be responsible.

PQS
        {
			fadeStart = 140000
			fadeEnd = 280000
			deactivateAltitude = 281400
			materialType = AtmosphericExtra
			Material
			{
				saturation = 1
				contrast = 0.85
				tintColor = 1,1,1,0
				groundTexStart = 0
				groundTexEnd = 9000
				steepTexStart = 0
				steepTexEnd = 9000
				steepTex = CTTP/Textures/cliff
				steepBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cliff_normal
				steepNearTiling = 2500
				steepTiling = 25
				lowTex = CTTP/Textures/cracked
				lowBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cracked_normal
				lowNearTiling = 2500
				lowMultiFactor = 25
				lowBumpNearTiling = 2500
				lowBumpFarTiling = 25
				midTex = CTTP/Textures/rock
				midBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/rock_normal
				midNearTiling = 5000
				midMultiFactor = 50
				midBumpNearTiling = 5000
				midBumpFarTiling = 50
				highTex = CTTP/Textures/cracked
				highBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cracked_normal
				highNearTiling = 5000
				highMultiFactor = 50
				highBumpNearTiling = 5000
				highBumpFarTiling = 50			
				lowStart = 0
				lowEnd = 0.25
				highStart = 0.6
				highEnd = 1
			}
            Mods
            {	
				VertexHeightMap
				{
					map = Olei/PluginData/Vega_height.png
					offset = 0
					deformity = 3000
					scaleDeformityByRadius = False
					order = 10
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
				{
					seed = 1245333
					deformity = 400
					octaves = 2
					persistence = 0.3
					frequency = 24
					enabled = true
					order = 20
				}				
				VertexSimplexHeight
				{
					seed = 345324
					deformity = 400
					octaves = 2
					persistence = 0.3
					frequency = 14
					enabled = true
					order = 30
				}		
				VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
				{
					deformity = 800
					ridgedAddFrequency = 32
					ridgedAddLacunarity = 2
					ridgedAddOctaves = 2
					ridgedAddSeed = 456352342
					ridgedMode = Low
					ridgedSubFrequency = 32
					ridgedSubLacunarity = 2
					ridgedSubOctaves = 1
					ridgedSubSeed = 234311
					simplexFrequency = 26
					simplexHeightEnd = 6000
					simplexHeightStart = 0
					simplexOctaves = 4
					simplexPersistence = 0.3
					simplexSeed = 345463425
					order = 40
					enabled = True
					simplexCurve
					{
						key = 0 0 0 0
						key = 0.6311918 0.4490898 1.432598 1.432598
						key = 1 1 0 0
					}
				}
				VertexColorMap
				{
					map = Olei/PluginData/Vega_color.png
					order = 60
					enabled = True
				}
			}
        }

3 minutes ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

PQS
        {
			fadeStart = 140000
			fadeEnd = 280000
			deactivateAltitude = 281400
			materialType = AtmosphericExtra
			Material
			{
				saturation = 1
				contrast = 0.85
				tintColor = 1,1,1,0
				groundTexStart = 0
				groundTexEnd = 9000
				steepTexStart = 0
				steepTexEnd = 9000
				steepTex = CTTP/Textures/cliff
				steepBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cliff_normal
				steepNearTiling = 2500
				steepTiling = 25
				lowTex = CTTP/Textures/cracked
				lowBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cracked_normal
				lowNearTiling = 2500
				lowMultiFactor = 25
				lowBumpNearTiling = 2500
				lowBumpFarTiling = 25
				midTex = CTTP/Textures/rock
				midBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/rock_normal
				midNearTiling = 5000
				midMultiFactor = 50
				midBumpNearTiling = 5000
				midBumpFarTiling = 50
				highTex = CTTP/Textures/cracked
				highBumpMap = CTTP/Textures/cracked_normal
				highNearTiling = 5000
				highMultiFactor = 50
				highBumpNearTiling = 5000
				highBumpFarTiling = 50			
				lowStart = 0
				lowEnd = 0.25
				highStart = 0.6
				highEnd = 1
			}
            Mods
            {	
				VertexHeightMap
				{
					map = Olei/PluginData/Vega_height.png
					offset = 0
					deformity = 3000
					scaleDeformityByRadius = False
					order = 10
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
				{
					seed = 1245333
					deformity = 400
					octaves = 2
					persistence = 0.3
					frequency = 24
					enabled = true
					order = 20
				}				
				VertexSimplexHeight
				{
					seed = 345324
					deformity = 400
					octaves = 2
					persistence = 0.3
					frequency = 14
					enabled = true
					order = 30
				}		
				VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
				{
					deformity = 800
					ridgedAddFrequency = 32
					ridgedAddLacunarity = 2
					ridgedAddOctaves = 2
					ridgedAddSeed = 456352342
					ridgedMode = Low
					ridgedSubFrequency = 32
					ridgedSubLacunarity = 2
					ridgedSubOctaves = 1
					ridgedSubSeed = 234311
					simplexFrequency = 26
					simplexHeightEnd = 6000
					simplexHeightStart = 0
					simplexOctaves = 4
					simplexPersistence = 0.3
					simplexSeed = 345463425
					order = 40
					enabled = True
					simplexCurve
					{
						key = 0 0 0 0
						key = 0.6311918 0.4490898 1.432598 1.432598
						key = 1 1 0 0
					}
				}
				VertexColorMap
				{
					map = Olei/PluginData/Vega_color.png
					order = 60
					enabled = True
				}
			}
        }

Hmm... Simplex mod check, no Blend value errors... the only thing I can think of is incorrect terrain texture tiling. Are you absolutely certain about what you're doing there?

26 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Hmm... Simplex mod check, no Blend value errors... the only thing I can think of is incorrect terrain texture tiling. Are you absolutely certain about what you're doing there?

I have a small idea of what the texture tiling does - I might have another little look at it and see what it does. Mostly I've left it blank, but I reckon it's the distance between each ground texture. If I increase the numbers and the pixels / checkerboarding increases, I reckon it's that. It could be a CTTP problem (easy fix!) where the textures may not line up correctly. Thanks!

Welcome to version 0.9.7!

l3rNcVY.jpg

The Telos terrain rework has been completed!

Higher mountains and deeper oceans, along with a huge river splitting the middle segment in two make it a more iconic place to visit.

CHANGELOG:

Complete redraw of Telos's terrain

Complete redraw of Telos's colours

Raised Telos and Niebos's atmosphere pressures to make sure you don't burn up as much going at 400 m/s ASL

@Raptor22 I've upped the atmospheric pressure so that the maximum speed you can go at Sea Level (0M) on Niebos and Telos is 400 m/s before beginning to burn up. Higher up in the atmosphere it's a lot easier to go much faster. I hope that's a fast enough speed ASL!

Edited by Gamel0rd1

Bug Report: Not too bad (little things to touch up, but nothing too bad)

There is a line going down Tetra, where the textures do not line up

On Volux, some of the mountains poke up through the atmosphere, and there's clear lines around the peaks with scatterer on. Might want to either lower the mountains or raise the atmosphere.

Might want to raise some of the clouds on Niebos. With some of the mountains, they go through them, making unsightly lines. You could keep it, if you want.

That's pretty much it. Nothing too alarming, but stuff you might want to brush up for 1.0.

BTW, Teloslate looks like it's straight out of the 70s. Greens, yellows, and purples. Looks like the mystery machine. Add a peace sign somewhere on there and perhaps some fuzzy dice and you'll be set. If you add resources, you might want to have a high concentration of minerals. Perhaps that could be a reason for the color.