[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

I've had that docs file for a while. I prefer that over sheets, sorry.

EDIT: 1000 POSTS on the mod thread :D

Many users are probably scared off by the fact that they need to worry about the coding syntax. In this sheet ALL they need to do is fill in the definition. the spreadsheet takes care of the rest.

I made an excel sheet prepared for all of the science defs. on one page labeled 'user edits tab' It lists all combinations, but the definition is blank. The definition column is highlighted yellow and requires input from the community. (don't edit any non highlighted cells)

If you scroll right each experiment has its own columns set up.I have listed all stock experiments as well as Dmagic and some other mods i am unsure of but were included in the community science defs mod, so i added columns for those as well. 27 experiments in total. Some of the dmagic ones contain links to the dmagic page explaining the experiment and how it works in the real world.

There is another page named 'compiled' which constructs the code as needed. At the top of that sheet the code is there for the individual experiments. From here you can copy the experiment definition with proper syntax for pasting into your mod.

The biomes listed as "X" are in the list. ignore them, obviously.

If people fill this out you can paste it into your mod, or i can copy and paste it into the files you need.
It would need to be downloaded and reuploaded into an editable file.

I feel like i may be missing a few planets/biomes. i can quickly edit the file if i need to add some.

Some Experiments do not work in certain situations. I didn't adjust for that. 

Edited by FuzzyMeep TWO

1 hour ago, FuzzyMeep TWO said:

Many users are probably scared off by the fact that they need to worry about the coding syntax. In this sheet ALL they need to do is fill in the definition. the spreadsheet takes care of the rest.

I made an excel sheet prepared for all of the science defs. on one page labeled 'user edits tab' It lists all combinations, but the definition is blank. The definition column is highlighted yellow and requires input from the community. (don't edit any non highlighted cells)

If you scroll right each experiment has its own columns set up.I have listed all stock experiments as well as Dmagic and some other mods i am unsure of but were included in the community science defs mod, so i added columns for those as well. 27 experiments in total. Some of the dmagic ones contain links to the dmagic page explaining the experiment and how it works in the real world.

There is another page named 'compiled' which constructs the code as needed. At the top of that sheet the code is there for the individual experiments. From here you can copy the experiment definition with proper syntax for pasting into your mod.

The biomes listed as "X" are in the list. ignore them, obviously.

If people fill this out you can paste it into your mod, or i can copy and paste it into the files you need.
It would need to be downloaded and reuploaded into an editable file.

I feel like i may be missing a few planets/biomes. i can quickly edit the file if i need to add some.

Some Experiments do not work in certain situations. I didn't adjust for that. 

That's useful. Thanks. I'll see if I can convert it to a google sheets so that it's a publicly editable doc.

Boom. Here's the link so anyone can access the sheet. Same rules as always!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KFyW00RYYT-LUMb3_mV1jNM19knurAzFA0ZnDhh4b9Y/edit?usp=sharing

11 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

That's useful. Thanks. I'll see if I can convert it to a google sheets so that it's a publicly editable doc.

Boom. Here's the link so anyone can access the sheet. Same rules as always!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KFyW00RYYT-LUMb3_mV1jNM19knurAzFA0ZnDhh4b9Y/edit?usp=sharing

I have already added 2 for niebietos

Version 1.95, the final final update until after my exams (I had stuff to do)

IMPORTANT - Gaia changes

• Reworked Gaia including aurora, biomes, height, colours and terrain.

• Improved Gol's textures

• Improved Gol's crater

• Improved aurora noise map for Gaia

• Many other fixes and optimisations for Gaia, Gol and Gullis including texture tiling.

16 hours ago, Minemoder said:

I did a quick topic search to see if Principia was mentioned anywhere, and I didn't see it so I apologize if this was asked before, but is Principia compatible with these planets?

You mean N-Body Physics? I shouldn't need to write configs for that - it should just work because of how the mod functions

If you use it, the entire Olu'um system will break down. It's best you don't unless you want to for entertainment :)

Edited by Gameslinx

25 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gameslinx ...Umm. Why are you changing the state of your planets? Why is Niebos now an arid wasteland?

That's the last planet overhaul like this (I know it'll clash with your resource configs, and I'm sorry about that), I just felt like there's too many same-y planets (as in, look the same) so I decided to change Niebos. Its composition is still the same, it just doesn't have any life on it anymore. 

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

You mean N-Body Physics? I shouldn't need to write configs for that - it should just work because of how the mod functions

If you use it, the entire Olu'um system will break down. It's best you don't unless you want to for entertainment :)

Alright, I'll stay away from it then. It'd be pretty cool if you made a compatible system for it though. 

25 minutes ago, TheWanderer05 said:

My rovers really love to teleport to Quarta. They came from Gullis this time

My fault again. I've fixed it (for good). KSP doesn't like GFI values above 1000, causing random teleports. I had to lower Scorch's below Gullis's so you will have teleported, sorry.

Should be the last time.

2 hours ago, antonioltg said:

Hi,
It is possible to have pack with only low definition textures? (to overwrite the HD textures in your mod)

I will not be supporting this over the development of the mod.

If you want to reduce the size of the textures yourself, feel free to do so. I have to ask - why are you trying to reduce the textures?

First, go to Gamedata > Olei > PluginData. For all [Planet]_Color files EXCEPT planets with oceans, open them and resize them to 2048 x 1024 or 1024 x 512 (Lowest quality). You can do the same for all the [Planet]_Normal files.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyMeep TWO said:

Figures. I just fixed the orbits of all of my previous flights... oh well. back to it.

Sorry. A couple of people have been having a problem with the update because of this, but... (I have to do it. Kopernicus sorts planets by GFI and so adding a new one like that... rip)

I might need to change it yet again which I'm going to feel terrible about.

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Sorry. A couple of people have been having a problem with the update because of this, but... (I have to do it. Kopernicus sorts planets by GFI and so adding a new one like that... rip)

I might need to change it yet again which I'm going to feel terrible about.

Nothing that hyperedit can't fix. Well, at least for things in orbit.

As for rovers and things on the ground. Use vessel mover to spawn in a new copy of the craft. It's unfortunate, but it can be worked around.

6 hours ago, FuzzyMeep TWO said:

Nothing that hyperedit can't fix. Well, at least for things in orbit.

As for rovers and things on the ground. Use vessel mover to spawn in a new copy of the craft. It's unfortunate, but it can be worked around.

Or better yet, Hyperedit your bases and rovers into orbit beforehand, update, and then use Vessel Mover. :wink: 

I found a bug where rings on Niebos flicker about while the HUD is on. I'm not sure if this happens on other bodies yet, but I'll let you know if it does.

Edit: Yep, other rings flicker too, even while not in atmosphere.

Edited by TheWanderer05
added info

6 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I found a bug where rings on Niebos flicker about while the HUD is on. I'm not sure if this happens on other bodies yet, but I'll let you know if it does.

Edit: Yep, other rings flicker too, even while not in atmosphere.

I noticed this with Gaia when I was trying to take up stuff to my space station in its rings.

I didn't realise this happened with all the other rings. I'm going to disable the ring shader because it doesn't seem they work properly (just gonna revert back to unlit rings)

Thanks!

Edited by Gameslinx