[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

15 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I found a bug where rings on Niebos flicker about while the HUD is on. I'm not sure if this happens on other bodies yet, but I'll let you know if it does.

Edit: Yep, other rings flicker too, even while not in atmosphere.

While you're there write your observations in the crew and eva report sections of the science definition sheet (or whatever else you feel like filling out). I have filled in most of what is filled in, but can only visit so many planets at a time. It would really help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KFyW00RYYT-LUMb3_mV1jNM19knurAzFA0ZnDhh4b9Y/edit#gid=542708389

3 hours ago, FuzzyMeep TWO said:

While you're there write your observations in the crew and eva report sections of the science definition sheet (or whatever else you feel like filling out). I have filled in most of what is filled in, but can only visit so many planets at a time. It would really help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KFyW00RYYT-LUMb3_mV1jNM19knurAzFA0ZnDhh4b9Y/edit#gid=542708389

Sure thing.

Hello there! I've been enjoying the mod so far with the new planets and pleasing aesthetics. But I have one (or two.) problems with this mod. I can't load the game anymore since the addition of the three new planets that replaces Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus. Kerbal Space Program also took about 4-8 minutes to load before the addition of the three new planets when I had the mod installed.

My specs: .eJwNxNENhCAMANBdGIAKRQXXcIALQQImSgmtX5fb_Xwf76uecalNVZHOG8BxcqJxaBYasWRdiMqVYz9ZJ7ohisRU79yEwXrn3RpmxMUZ-xYADU5oJwyzW1bngw2wp5Fz40ryMcbq3or6_QECJCTr.Thne0x5vUfLYqTdHyz1RSVSCTt0?width=400&height=171 I censored BIOS and System Model because I can. :P I'm playing on Laptop and my RAM is 8GB.

Output log: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284847953364123649/313035506109906944/KSP.log

My mods in KSP: .eJwNxMENwyAMAMBdGAAHTAPJGh2gQsSCSAlG2H1V3b29x33Me15mN011yA5wnFJ4HlaUZ65kK3O9KI9TbOEbsmou7aauAj6FFOL2QFyD8_82QIcLrhi8i3HBhBjhWSZRl8b6cg7t6NV8fwDcJN4.FdxNvSZs6nDjt8V0gZ1uM5NX74Y?width=400&height=260

13 minutes ago, Bungthebadger said:

Hello there! I've been enjoying the mod so far with the new planets and pleasing aesthetics. But I have one (or two.) problems with this mod. I can't load the game anymore since the addition of the three new planets that replaces Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus. Kerbal Space Program also took about 4-8 minutes to load before the addition of the three new planets when I had the mod installed.

My specs: .eJwNxNENhCAMANBdGIAKRQXXcIALQQImSgmtX5fb_Xwf76uecalNVZHOG8BxcqJxaBYasWRdiMqVYz9ZJ7ohisRU79yEwXrn3RpmxMUZ-xYADU5oJwyzW1bngw2wp5Fz40ryMcbq3or6_QECJCTr.Thne0x5vUfLYqTdHyz1RSVSCTt0?width=400&height=171 I censored BIOS and System Model because I can. :P I'm playing on Laptop and my RAM is 8GB.

Output log: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284847953364123649/313035506109906944/KSP.log

My mods in KSP: .eJwNxMENwyAMAMBdGAAHTAPJGh2gQsSCSAlG2H1V3b29x33Me15mN011yA5wnFJ4HlaUZ65kK3O9KI9TbOEbsmou7aauAj6FFOL2QFyD8_82QIcLrhi8i3HBhBjhWSZRl8b6cg7t6NV8fwDcJN4.FdxNvSZs6nDjt8V0gZ1uM5NX74Y?width=400&height=260

I've seen your reply, I'm looking at your logs now and I'll reply shortly!

EDIT: Found your problem:

[EXC 14:29:38.424] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameDatabase.TextureInfo..ctor'.
	DDSLoader.DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+<Load>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<LoadObjects>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[LOG 14:29:38.437] Load(Texture): BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/detaileve1

Delete BoulderCo! It's trying to apply clouds to kerbin, but kerbin doesn't exist anymore! The mod introduces clouds back to Laythe and Duna, meaning you can remove BoulderCo. It might also be worth using the scatterer folder I provided in the mod download, as it will fix some issues with the ocean.

Edited by Gameslinx

37 minutes ago, Bungthebadger said:

Just test-pinging you. Hope this helped :D

Fume is showing the biomes for Laythe. Thought i would let you know

You also might want to increase the visible height of the atmosphere. You hit the atmosphere at about 160,000M but the cloud layer starts at 15,000-ish

Edited by FuzzyMeep TWO

4 hours ago, Bungthebadger said:

Why do you have DDSLoader installed? According to its forum thread, it hasn't been updated since .90 because it is now a stock feature.

EDIT: Also what is "Sources"?

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

1 hour ago, FuzzyMeep TWO said:

Some screenshots of Fume and Volux

It is very hard to leave Fume. Things like to light on fire and break.AhvoA1V.jpg
WoSFnw3.jpg3lR9EBh.jpg

Yeah. Fume definitely needs a good looking at. I'm going to work on that next, thanks :)

8 minutes ago, FuzzyMeep TWO said:

Hard to leave isn't a problem. I was warned. I had the nuclear turbojets, which burn atmosphere so it wasn't anywhere near impossible.

True, but its atmospheric height is way too high, it's 150,000 if I recall. It's been a long time since I touched Fume at all, and I'm going to reduce its atmosphere to 80,000 and decrease its pressure, since the drag is immense there.

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

True, but its atmospheric height is way too high, it's 150,000 if I recall. It's been a long time since I touched Fume at all, and I'm going to reduce its atmosphere to 80,000 and decrease its pressure, since the drag is immense there.

You light on fire before reaching the sound barrier.

Dropping by, I noticed in the OP that CustomAsteroids support has been discontinued. Now CA is out for 1.2, do you want me to have a go at writing some CA cfgs for the pack (with a few 'I want this here' pointers)-assuming CA support wasn't intentionally removed?

34 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Dropping by, I noticed in the OP that CustomAsteroids support has been discontinued. Now CA is out for 1.2, do you want me to have a go at writing some CA cfgs for the pack (with a few 'I want this here' pointers)-assuming CA support wasn't intentionally removed?

CustomAsteroids has been dropped for the timebeing because it causes too much lag when at high timewarp speeds, no matter what the spawn-rate of asteroids are. Thanks for the offer, though, but CA will not be returning as I can add asteroids using Kopernicus, which is much lighter on performance now.

I wanted to drop some memory usage numbers, and get some feedback as to whether this is expected:

Un-modded game, Sandbox mode, idle at KSC screen: 1494 MB in use by the game.

Modded Game, GPO and it's dependencies only, Sandbox, idle at KSC screen: 5706 MB in use by the game.

Is this normal?  This mod and it's dependencies add ~4GB RAM usage?

3 minutes ago, Meta Jonez said:

I wanted to drop some memory usage numbers, and get some feedback as to whether this is expected:

Modded Game, GPO and it's dependencies only, Sandbox, idle at KSC screen: 5706 MB in use by the game.

This is normal. GPO adds several, several worlds with highly detailed hand-made textures.

18 minutes ago, Meta Jonez said:

Unfortunately for your RAM, yes. This is normal. There are ways to decrease this (in which case, drop me a PM here on the forums). There are 31 'things' added by the mod, and each require 4k textures - some have to use 8k textures to look good enough at close distances.

34 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This is normal. GPO adds several, several worlds with highly detailed hand-made textures.

27 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Unfortunately for your RAM, yes. This is normal. There are ways to decrease this (in which case, drop me a PM here on the forums). There are 31 'things' added by the mod, and each require 4k textures - some have to use 8k textures to look good enough at close distances.

Thank you for the replies.  I knew there were very detailed textures, and quite a few planets added by the mod, I just wanted to be sure I did not have some memory issues going on, as the increase in RAM usage was more than I expected.

I just want to check if this is intentional or not to be prepared, but is the pressure curve on Niebos supposed to be this way? As soon as I hit the atmosphere at about 1,900 m/s (65,000 meter high), the craft splits up and overheats instantly. I also checked the config and saw that the pressure spikes up at 63000 meters compared to values around that altitude. Again, I just want to know if this is intentional or not so I can be prepared for next time :P 

Edit: As I exit the atmosphere of Niebos, I notice that there is intense pressure for a split second on crossing the edge of the atmosphere. I'm not seeing anything in the config file that would do this, but my plane flames up on that moment, while it was at a low temperature on the way up.

Edited by TheWanderer05

20 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I just want to check if this is intentional or not to be prepared, but is the pressure curve on Niebos supposed to be this way? As soon as I hit the atmosphere at about 1,900 m/s (65,000 meter high), the craft splits up and overheats instantly. I also checked the config and saw that the pressure spikes up at 63000 meters compared to values around that altitude. Again, I just want to know if this is intentional or not so I can be prepared for next time :P 

Edit: As I exit the atmosphere of Niebos, I notice that there is intense pressure for a split second on crossing the edge of the atmosphere. I'm not seeing anything in the config file that would do this, but my plane flames up on that moment, while it was at a low temperature on the way up.

Oooooo that's not supposed to happen. I 'squashed' the values for its atmosphere when reducing its height so that the pressure gain is the same, but ramps faster. I'll take a value out and do some experimenting so it's more like Kerbin.

EDIT: This has to wait until the next update, which might be a hotfix sometime in the week. Mainly because I have to adjust a few more atmospheres than Niebos for similar but less extreme purposes.

Edited by Gameslinx

AlhPiwO.png

Fume has received an overhaul, bringing it up to scratch. It now looks like I've wanted it to look like for a while, with 8k terrain and a thick atmosphere similar to Eve's, but 80KM in height.

gIpbWaZ.png

Quarta has also got a new look, as nobody actually really visited the last one. Its lava will burn those who try to swim in it. I said earlier that Niebos would be the last rework, but then I decided to add the planet separately as Dreidos. Quarta now bears this rework. I don't think any other planets in the pack really need much more of a brushover apart from perhaps Verdina and Telos, but they will keep their respective looks and compositions.

This update will most likely land soon, I'm not sure on whether it will be today or tomorrow, but I've managed to iron out a whole ordeal of bugs I found rooting around with Fume and Quarta

Change log of 1.97

IMPORTANT - Major changes to Fume and Quarta

• Reworked Quarta completely

• Revamped some terrain on Telos

• Updated Telos textures

• Updated Fume completely to bring it up to what I wished it was ages ago

• Updated thelai textures to 8k

• Did some ring optimisations

• Added a small moon around Dreidos, Dreidiss, WIP

• Revisited Fume atmosphere config

• Fixed bugs with Fume's atmosphere and ocean through Scatterer

• Updated Fume's atmosphere visuals

• Fume now has a visual radiation cloud

• Gaia terrain scatters added

• Gaia trees added

• Changes to atmospheric pressure for Fume

• Added glows to Gol, Gullis, Quarta and Fume

• MANY MORE FIXES AND THINGIES

I didn't really notice this until I exited Nievis' SOI, but there's a graphical bug that seems to take place below the surface - not sure what the object at the center looks like either. 

Edit: This update is also causing my ksp to crash and have loading times over ten times as long as the previous update.

Sorry about sending so many reports, I feel like I'm spamming. 

Edited by TheWanderer05