[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Thanks.  I'll move them out and check the load times.

@Jetski if the loading times are too high when I move stuff outside of PluginData, I won't be doing that in the official release because everyone will run here and complain. I might get a Linux build which I upload to DropBox every now and then for Linux and/or Mac users.

I do this for GPP and the load time is maybe 10 secs longer than normal. Not noticeable really. 

Edited by Galileo

Got another fairly minor bug report here.  Dockings in Olei's SOI are turning out to be tricky.  Twice I've had a ship in a stable orbit just outside Olemut's orbit hop out into Gaia space and back.  As a workaround, I'm just handling all manouvers in a much closer orbit to Olei.  More critical, I've had some rendevous issues - twice I've had a ship showing a nice closing velocity of 10 m/s or so on the navball, while on the screen as soon as I get to around 500m away, the other ship shot away from me, rapidly increasing distance out to 3-4 km.  A bit odd.  If I go to the Tracking Center quickly and back, it's all fixed, so also still playable.  But there may be some weirdness with the SOI around Olei :)

17 minutes ago, Jetski said:

Got another fairly minor bug report here.  Dockings in Olei's SOI are turning out to be tricky.  Twice I've had a ship in a stable orbit just outside Olemut's orbit hop out into Gaia space and back.  As a workaround, I'm just handling all manouvers in a much closer orbit to Olei.  More critical, I've had some rendevous issues - twice I've had a ship showing a nice closing velocity of 10 m/s or so on the navball, while on the screen as soon as I get to around 500m away, the other ship shot away from me, rapidly increasing distance out to 3-4 km.  A bit odd.  If I go to the Tracking Center quickly and back, it's all fixed, so also still playable.  But there may be some weirdness with the SOI around Olei :)

Uhmm...

I'm gonna stick some vessels in orbit of Olei at various altitudes and take a look. This could be KSP from what I think... I'll take a look

The vessel that hops out of the SOI is always the one that isn't focused on, and usually happens outside physics range, if that helps.  The accelleration issue appeared at close docking range, in a lower orbit.

Also more mission updates :)

Edited by Jetski

@Raptor22 @eloquentJane @NISSKEPCSIM

Do any of you three still have "Olei Planet Mod 0.4" downloaded anywhere?

I'm planning on bringing back the old Teloslate, but I don't have its original config files. Thanks :)

33 minutes ago, Jetski said:

just outside Olemut's orbit

Are you sure Olemut wouldn't interact with the ship, flinging it out of the system?

I just put 8 crafts in different orbits around Olei and timewarped for a few years. One was thrown out by Olemut and nothing else happened

Edited by Gameslinx

19 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

@Raptor22 @eloquentJane @NISSKEPCSIM

Do any of you three still have "Olei Planet Mod 0.4" downloaded anywhere?

I'm planning on bringing back the old Teloslate, but I don't have its original config files. Thanks :)

Are you sure Olemut wouldn't interact with the ship, flinging it out of the system?

I just put 8 crafts in different orbits around Olei and timewarped for a few years. One was thrown out by Olemut and nothing else happened

I'll see if I can recreate it - I've had ships wander out of the edge of an SOI before in stock as well, so not a big deal.  Retrograde polar orbit both times, and conics show no intercept with Olemut.  Could have been an interaction that didn't show up as an intercept, just happened anyway really fast because of retrograde orbit.

I can confirm that there's definitely something amiss with Olu'um config file for contracts.  Not only is the Explore Olu'um contract offered immediately after making Gaia orbit for the first time (blocking any other Explore contracts, for Gaia's moons for example), but there's another issue as well.  Any Build Station contract offered for Olu'um, and any Place Satellite contract for Olu'um do not offer any funds as a reward (a paltry amount of science and rep instead) and instantly fail when you accept them.  I clicked on several before realizing each time it was logging the contract as expired and failed immediately.  I hope it's just a config somewhere, as it is making a career run quite challenging.  I noticed Olu'um is by itself in a Gas Giant folder, maybe there's some weirdness in how KSP reads planets out of folders?  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I started a thread here to see if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing :)

Edited by Jetski

5 hours ago, Jetski said:

I can confirm that there's definitely something amiss with Olu'um config file for contracts.  Not only is the Explore Olu'um contract offered immediately after making Gaia orbit for the first time (blocking any other Explore contracts, for Gaia's moons for example), but there's another issue as well.  Any Build Station contract offered for Olu'um, and any Place Satellite contract for Olu'um do not offer any funds as a reward (a paltry amount of science and rep instead) and instantly fail when you accept them.  I clicked on several before realizing each time it was logging the contract as expired and failed immediately.  I hope it's just a config somewhere, as it is making a career run quite challenging.  I noticed Olu'um is by itself in a Gas Giant folder, maybe there's some weirdness in how KSP reads planets out of folders?  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I started a thread here to see if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing :)

I just moved Olu'um into the Configs folder with all the other planets, and moved its colourmap into PluginData as with every other planet. Unfortunately, after the third flight, I received a contract to Explore Olu'um as per usual here. I'm not sure whether contracts can be altered, and I'm not sure why the game is picking Olu'um so early.

Its a bug with planet packs. KSP wasn't developed to support planet packs natively so with that comes bugs that nobody could foresee. I get a lot of complaints about this too. There is just nothing anyone can do, short of a custom plugin. Well, one could rewrite ALL of the explore contracts, but it's FAR too much work. It would take an army.

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, Solar Ranger said:

Try increasing Olu'ums flightGlobalsIndex value. Thats worked for me in the past

If that's the case, I would have been pointed to 4 other planets first. the FGI value just helps Kopernicus/KSP keep track of which planet is which.

If that's the case, I would have been pointed to 4 other planets first. the FGI value just helps Kopernicus/KSP keep track of which planet is which.

yup. Contracts do look at the index number but I have had a hard time determining how KSP generates contracts outside of the home body system. Sometimes the contracts just are just not logical.

Weirdly, this is not looking for contracts inside the home body system at all.  It goes straight to Olu'um without any moon contracts or the like.

Also, a very minor bug in the planetoid Nightmare, one of the biomes is labelled Elavations, which is spelled Elevations unless you are making a play on words regarding lava.  Let me know if all these tiny bug reports get annoying :):)

15 minutes ago, Jetski said:

Weirdly, this is not looking for contracts inside the home body system at all.  It goes straight to Olu'um without any moon contracts or the like.

Also, a very minor bug in the planetoid Nightmare, one of the biomes is labelled Elavations, which is spelled Elevations unless you are making a play on words regarding lava.  Let me know if all these tiny bug reports get annoying :):)

Nah it's alright. They help a lot. I'll fix the spelling error

I have 0 control over contracts unfortunately, so there's nothing I can do about them :(

14 hours ago, Solar Ranger said:

Try increasing Olu'ums flightGlobalsIndex value. Thats worked for me in the past

Also, doing this jiggers the planet order around internally for Kopernicus, so everyone will yell at me because their Olei base moved to Telos, or something like that. 

There's a while before scatterer is 1.3 ready, there for a while until 1.3 comes about for us here, so I have a good week or so to experiment with stuff :)

Edited by Gameslinx

25 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

i sould become a bug traker.:/

Debatable, as this is a known bug.

25 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

cause i think carrer mode is broken.(or just the contracts)i just orbited Gaia and exept of asking me to go to gol its saying to go to ole,um

Known bug, cannot be fixed.

8 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

dont now what to say.in ksp 1.3 i found 3 completly new bugs

Yeah there's a few. Doing an EVA with TextureReplacer visor reflections causes the game to crash 100% of the time. Upon vessel destruction, there is still the annoying flickering. Patched conics fails if there are too many gravity assists with one or more leaving the local body's SOI (happens with Jool and Olu'um). Scatterer: Terrain problems in 1.3.

There are a lot :wink: 

Yeah there's a few. Doing an EVA with TextureReplacer visor reflections causes the game to crash 100% of the time. Upon vessel destruction, there is still the annoying flickering. Patched conics fails if there are too many gravity assists with one or more leaving the local body's SOI (happens with Jool and Olu'um). Scatterer: Terrain problems in 1.3.

There are a lot :wink: 

yup Squad needs to fix some things before the dlc