[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

New progress on 1.3 teaser:

So far, progress on the 1.3 update is going really well. Because i'm only waiting for scatterer, i've had the time to crush more bugs and fix some itches that i've wanted to scratch for a long time. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect in the next update coming to both 1.2.2 and 1.3:

New cloud maps for Gaia:

0MNle4g.png

A less bumpy, more sandy Olei:

3r1FnaN.png

Teloslate's orbit made more eccentric with close passes to Telos, and Olu'um's Accretion disk made larger:

TMUdQX6.png

Other stuff coming in the update:

• Finishing optimising textures and RAM usages
  • Reduced file size
  • Prepared the update for 1.2.2 AND 1.3 users
  • Fixed Sojos's PQS errors and black markings around the volcano and on the back of the moon
  • Added cirrus clouds to Gaia
  • KSC terrain colour matches terrain colour
  • Toxic biome added
  • Corrected Gaia's biome map
  • Added poles back to Gaia
  • Updated quality of the [...] at the north [...]

Stay tuned!

NOTE: 1.2.2 support will be dropped at the end of June

12 minutes ago, Magicmike said:

@Gameslinx I would say that my browsers not downloading the textures for it because the planets are either stripey or yellow but here 

Please can you try a stock install?

@Jetski uses Linux and managed to fix this by going into the options settings and adjusting the 'texture quality'. Press apply and apparently the textures should come back? Galileo has said before that this is because the textures are in a PluginData folder. This only occurs on Mac/Linux, as far as I know. I don't have a mac/linux machine myself, so I can't do much.

8 minutes ago, Magicmike said:

It worked! Thanks for the help!

You may have to do that every time you start the game, i'm working on moving everything out of PluginData so that you guys can play without problems :)

1 hour ago, BlackwingDave said:

Give it a possibility that you out a Pre-Release bring forth. All my bases exploding when I want to start the pack in 1.3 q.q

There will be no pre-release for 1.3, sorry.

I have most things sorted, and nothing of yours should explode in 1.3

Woah, this mod sure has changed from when I got it. Like I'm torn between trying to keep the older version since I got a probe mission to scorch or try the new version when it arrives and hope Scorch is still there. Maybe I'll also get EVE and Scatterer to work right if I do get it.

1 hour ago, BlackwingDave said:

Hey, maybe you can put your pack on Github and put Karboundum (Karbonite Fusion stuff) in your pack. Because I do not get a piece of Karboundum together in your pack.

@JadeOfMaar has more knowledge on this topic than me!

I will not be putting the pack on Github, as I cannot push updates more than 250MB onto it (the pack is 500MB). Whatever let's you upload larger files does not work on my PC.

51 minutes ago, Update Guy said:

Woah, this mod sure has changed from when I got it. Like I'm torn between trying to keep the older version since I got a probe mission to scorch or try the new version when it arrives and hope Scorch is still there. Maybe I'll also get EVE and Scatterer to work right if I do get it.

I'd wait for the incoming version 2.0, which is going to drop the same (day/week) as the scatterer update. It will work on both versions (1.2.2, 1.3)

Scorch still exists.

Technically all the bodies still exist apart from Vega and Dusk. Niebietos is renamed to Nievis for pronunciation reasons, Verex was renamed to Verdina. I don't know which version you're running, but if you know, I can give you a rundown of what has changed. I'm glad you've come back to the mod :)

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

@JadeOfMaar has more knowledge on this topic than me!

I will not be putting the pack on Github, as I cannot push updates more than 250MB onto it (the pack is 500MB). Whatever let's you upload larger files does not work on my PC.

I'd wait for the incoming version 2.0, which is going to drop the same (day/week) as the scatterer update. It will work on both versions (1.2.2, 1.3)

Scorch still exists.

Technically all the bodies still exist apart from Vega and Dusk. Niebietos is renamed to Nievis for pronunciation reasons, Verex was renamed to Verdina. I don't know which version you're running, but if you know, I can give you a rundown of what has changed. I'm glad you've come back to the mod :)

I think the version I got was the one that came out right after Kottabos did his review of the pack. So probably quite a ways back.

10 minutes ago, Update Guy said:

I think the version I got was the one that came out right after Kottabos did his review of the pack. So probably quite a ways back.

Oof

Yeah, a lot changed.

Hmm. Fume has proper terrain, proper clouds. Telos is made sharper and has more detail. Volux has a larger hurricane. Telos rework, Verex rework. Quarta rework, Sonus rework, Dreidos added, Olei rework, kerbin replaced, Mun replaced, Minmus replaced, lore added, Dreidiss added, rings to kerbin added, asteroids in rings of kerbin added, orbital changes for planets I add, scatterer fixes, ram improvements, bug fixes, terrain fixes, Vulcan added, vulkine added, Butai and kibbos added.

A lot more! :)

1 hour ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

Well then, I have been pronouncing them wrong the entire time,

Oh-loom

Gay-uh

knee-bos

o-lé

boo-tie

Gaia is the word for 'Earth' or 'Mother Earth', so for Gaia to be called Gaia in KSP seems fitting.

Boo tie, byoo tie, close enough. Doesn't really matter :)

1.3 Update Log #2

Note: This is not the version 1.3 release.

Here are a few tweaks and changes I have been making to fix bugs and add more content to the mod. I've still yet to visit those biome maps, as I know they still need some brushups and as the planets gain more features, we need more biomes. I understand you concerns and i'm going to be working on that either for the 1.3 update or afterwards (2.0 or 2.1 of the mod version)

• Adjusted Olu'um's colourmap
  • Fixed atmospheric ramp on Gaia being black for 'non scatterer peasants'
  • Fixed some clouds not appearing due to defunct file paths
  • Changed PluginData to Textures. This should mean Mac and Linux users such as @Jetski will be able to use the mod without issue.
  • Reduced the gravity of Dreidos to 0.3141592654 (PI), as there are quite a few high gravity planets near Gaia, and many people cannot land there until much later in their saves
  • Reduced the radius of Dreidos
  • Revisited some terrain on Dreidos, specifically the RidgedAltitudeCurve, sharpening mountains and increasing the overall terrain
  • Removed Gaia-like clouds on Dreidos and replaced them with the three cirrus cloud maps to match its low pressure atmosphere
  • Dreidos atmosphere reduced to a third of its atmospheric pressure
  • Fixed Niebos atmosphere ramping to 10% at 65,000m, causing the larger vessels to break apart
  • Fixed the Niebos atmospheric ramping as well
  • Colourmap changes to Dreidos make it more red
  • Ocean colour changes to Dreidos
  • Atmospheric colour of Dreidos changed (applies to 'non scatterer peasants' only)
  • Improved quality of life
  • Fixed flickering of Gaia's rings at certain altitudes. @blackrack's rings shader patch first introduced in Kopernicus 1.2.2-5 and 1.3-1 has some instability issues when looking at certain angles, and so I have disabled it. (To blackrack, this happens when looking horizontally across the rings like this:

EzOrUiJ.png
  • Adjusted more textures and converted them to DDS to save RAM by 500MB more.
  • Updated a few planets' normal maps to the correct resolution and orientation
  • Corrected Tetra and Sheathe's flipped colourmaps
  • Corrected Sheathe terrain pixellation by sharpening it with PQSMods
  • Updated Sheathe's colourmap slightly. Higher altitude plateaus have green tints more visible than before.
  • Alien terrain superstructure on Butai now appears as a red X on Butai's colourmap, as the astronomers at KSC have identified it for you.
  • EVE clouds now appear on the main menu
  • EVE clouds with scatterer integration has been disabled until BlackRack implements a planet-by-planet toggle for S-EI
  • Improved the ruggedness on Gaia's terrain, and smoothed out other portions
  • The grass at KSC is nearly the same colour as the surrounding grassland
  • The desert has been moved to the Vagre continent
  • Fixed Gaia biome map

// There are some more fixes and changes which I have likely forgotten.

Again, I am still awaiting the Scatterer 1.3 update patiently. It's better to release a stable version of the mod than a buggy one, especially since the Scatterer issues are terrain related, and blame might be put on me :wink: . The mod will be updated to 1.3 after Scatterer.

(Also releasing the mod update later means it stays on the SpaceDock page for longer, bringing more attention to it, but you guys don't need to know that! :P)

Edited by Gameslinx