[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

On 5/29/2017 at 11:57 AM, Gameslinx said:

@Raptor22 @eloquentJane @NISSKEPCSIM

Do any of you three still have "Olei Planet Mod 0.4" downloaded anywhere?

I'm planning on bringing back the old Teloslate, but I don't have its original config files. Thanks :)

Are you sure Olemut wouldn't interact with the ship, flinging it out of the system?

I just put 8 crafts in different orbits around Olei and timewarped for a few years. One was thrown out by Olemut and nothing else happened

I still have it. PM me with your email and I'll send it.

I got a problem. Everytime it loads, almost all new planets are yellow with black lines, and those that it works seemingly properly still have the black lines. :(

Except the Olu'um (wich uses png as colormap) , all planets are messed up. Could it be the dds format? I'm using mac so maybe thats the problem.

9 minutes ago, Nailed it! said:

I got a problem. Everytime it loads, almost all new planets are yellow with black lines, and those that it works seemingly properly still have the black lines. :(

Except the Olu'um (wich uses png as colormap) , all planets are messed up. Could it be the dds format? I'm using mac so maybe thats the problem.

M a c

Is doing that. Just alter your texture quality graphics settings in the options menu, press apply and it will fix it. You will have to do that every time you launch the game. I have a fix for this, though, which I might release tonight as a 1.2.2 update. 

It's not the DDS format, it is the fact that Mac and Linux have a hate for PluginData folders. If you want to fix this yourself, rename all 'PluginData'  folders to 'Textures' and rename **all file paths in every config** to /Textures/ instead of /pluginData/

Edited by Gameslinx

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

M a c

Is doing that. Just alter your texture quality graphics settings in the options menu, press apply and it will fix it. You will have to do that every time you launch the game. I have a fix for this, though, which I might release tonight as a 1.2.2 update. 

It's not the DDS format, it is the fact that Mac and Linux have a hate for PluginData folders. 

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Nailed it!

[GPO 2.0 for KSP version 1.3] CHANGELOG:

Important: [loads] Changelog:

• Finishing optimising textures and RAM usages

• Reduced file size

• Prepared the update for 1.2.2 AND 1.3 users

• Fixed Sojos's PQS errors and black markings around the volcano and on the back of the moon

• Added cirrus clouds to Gaia

• KSC terrain colour matches terrain colour

• Toxic biome added

• Corrected Gaia's biome map

• Added poles back to Gaia

• Updated quality of the [...] at the north [...]

• Adjusted Olu'um's colourmap

• Fixed atmospheric ramp on Gaia being black for 'non scatterer peasants'

• Fixed some clouds not appearing due to defunct file paths

• Changed PluginData to Textures. This should mean Mac and Linux users such as @Jetski will be able to use the mod without issue.

• Reduced the gravity of Dreidos to 0.3141592654 (PI), as there are quite a few high gravity planets near Gaia, and many people cannot land there until much later in their saves

• Reduced the radius of Dreidos

• Revisited some terrain on Dreidos, specifically the RidgedAltitudeCurve, sharpening mountains and increasing the overall terrain

• Removed Gaia-like clouds on Dreidos and replaced them with the three cirrus cloud maps to match its low pressure atmosphere

• Dreidos atmosphere reduced to a third of its atmospheric pressure

• Fixed Niebos atmosphere ramping to 10% at 65,000m, causing the larger vessels to break apart

• Fixed the Niebos atmospheric ramping as well

• Colourmap changes to Dreidos make it more red

• Ocean colour changes to Dreidos

• Atmospheric colour of Dreidos changed (applies to 'non scatterer peasants' only)

• Improved quality of life

• Fixed flickering of Gaia's rings at certain altitudes.

• Updated Depencencies:

• Scatterer
    • Kopernicus
    • EVE
    • Modular Flight Integrator
    • Texture Replacer
  • Olei complete terrain rework

• Fixed negative altitudes on Olei causing the terrain to unload

• Ring shader on Gaia disabled

• Fixed Gaia atmospheric ramp #2

KNOWN ISSUE - GAIA IS CALLED 'KERBIN' IN THE 1.2.2 VERSION.

Edited by Gameslinx

12 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Even though cbNameLater has been deprecated in favor of displayName in 1.3, you can still include it to keep compatibility with 1.2.2.

There are a few issues with this - I was tempted to roll back Kopernicus to 1.2.2-5, which was what I was using before, as I have the configs written for that version of Kopernicus anyway. I decided to use the 1.3 -> 1.2.2 version of Kopernicus because it claimed to have the same stuff. KSP refuses to change Kerbin to Gaia using displayName in 1.2.2, unless I use cbNameLater (which will mean the clouds on the main menu will not work, and the visuals will point to a planet which doesn't exist anymore)

After all, more and more people are moving to 1.3, so it shouldn't bother them too much. :)

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

one thing is this compatible with costum asteroids

Yes, but you need to remove Kerbin's config node because I already provide asteroid configs through Kopernicus for Gaia's rings.

Edited by Gameslinx