[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

PS: Sonus's radius is going to rise to 1,000,000 m, with a gravity ASL of 1.3 Gs. It will be the largest landable planet in the pack, but not as harsh as Eve.

This will make an interesting challenge. That's quite a large radius for a planet in KSP, It'll be interesting building an ascent vehicle for Sonus.

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I wasn't lying when I said about detailing planets, as I've mentioned to @eloquentJane:wink:

PS: Sonus's radius is going to rise to 1,000,000 m, with a gravity ASL of 1.3 Gs. It will be the largest landable planet in the pack, but not as harsh as Eve.

Does this mean there is an update coming soon?

56 minutes ago, Chase842 said:

@Gameslinx

That's great to hear! Take your time, no need to rush these types of things :) 

Will it be save game compatible? 

Of course it will :)

So far I've made slight changes to Sheathe and Olei (adding more features) but Sonus has an awful lot more stuff to see which has eaten 3 days out of my schedule :)

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer05 said:

New visual bug, it started once I went into EVA around nightmare for a rescue (do not watch if you have epilepsy)

I saw that Dr Doof who regularly streams GPO had this, but I had no clue what caused it.

I think I now now - the deactivate Altitude for Gol.

Can you do this for me:

Go to Gamedata > Olei-Gaia > Configs > Gol.cfg

Scroll down to ScaledVersion { and change these (if they don't exist, add them)

fadeStart = 20000

fadeEnd = 25000

THEN UNDER PQS { change these:

fadeStart = 25000

fadeEnd = 30000

deactivateAltitude = 50000

If you're having problems editing, open them in notepad++.

If you have problems knowing where things go if they're not there, look at a different planet config as a guide.

I'm sleeping now, so if you manage to succeed in getting rid of the flickering please let me know!

27 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

if you manage to succeed in getting rid of the flickering please let me know!

The flickering stopped as soon as I boarded another vessel, and after I went on EVA later, it did not occur. I may have EVA'ed the first time before physics eased in, although I wouldn't think that would spark a graphics issue. If it happens again, I'll edit the config.

5 hours ago, ian_xk13 said:

heeey. for some reason the mod pack is not allowing me to use solar panels. Can you help me?

What are the solar panels being blocked by when you right click them?

Also, which ksp version are you playing, and list any other mods you are using :)

Thanks!

8 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

The flickering stopped as soon as I boarded another vessel, and after I went on EVA later, it did not occur. I may have EVA'ed the first time before physics eased in, although I wouldn't think that would spark a graphics issue. If it happens again, I'll edit the config.

I think it's because deactivate altitude and fadeEnd of the PQS {} are the wrong way around. Either that, or I didn't specify a deactivate altitude and so it defaults to the Mun's. I'll experiment with this tonight when I'm home from school

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

What are the solar panels being blocked by when you right click them?

Also, which ksp version are you playing, and list any other mods you are using :)

Thanks!

well, the blue bottom with "open solar panels" does not appear, radial panels don´t do anything.

the version is 1.3 and besides the planet pack jus kerbal engineer

30 minutes ago, ian_xk13 said:

well, the blue bottom with "open solar panels" does not appear, radial panels don´t do anything.

the version is 1.3 and besides the planet pack jus kerbal engineer

That button will not appear if your craft is out of electric charge.

If you are using a probe and run out of power, you are not able to control your solar panels.

pjHlLqX.png

This problem is not being caused by this mod from what I can see

Edited by Gameslinx

Welcome to version 2.1 for KSP 1.3:

IMPORTANT - Terrain changes to Sonus, Sheathe, Olei. 1.2.2 SUPPORT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY DROPPED, THE LATEST UPDATE WILL NOT WORK FOR KSP 1.2.2!

• Sheathe radius increased

• Sheathe gravity decreased

• Sheathe terrain detail added

• Updated biome maps for Sheathe

• Updated biome maps for Sonus

• Added a lot more varied terrain to Sonus

• Added more detail to Sonus

• Added more clouds to Sonus

• Added more detail to Olei

• Updated biome maps for Olei

• Updated terrain and colourmap for Olei

• Many bug fixes and improvements thanks to @TheWanderer05 on the forums.

• Other more subtle features and changes.

Edited by Gameslinx

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

That button will not appear if your craft is out of electric charge.

If you are using a probe and run out of power, you are not able to control your solar panels.

pjHlLqX.png

This problem is not being caused by this mod from what I can see

the problem is that my craft have energy (and kerbals) and after removing the mod the panels started working normally, i have re-installed the game, removed every mod file and then re intalled, even check the game files integrity.

but for some reason this mod make my panels useless. I´m now re-installing the mod files from the forum.

Edited by ian_xk13

I'm not entirely sure if this is a mod-related issue or not, but kerbnet doesn't seem to work on any of my probes anymore, prior to 1.3 it did, even with this mod installed. Just asking to see if anything in the mod would change the behavior of this feature or not. Thanks in advance.

Edited by TheWanderer05

8 hours ago, ian_xk13 said:

the problem is that my craft have energy (and kerbals) and after removing the mod the panels started working normally, i have re-installed the game, removed every mod file and then re intalled, even check the game files integrity.

but for some reason this mod make my panels useless. I´m now re-installing the mod files from the forum.

Again, it isn't happening for me and I don't see at all why (I doubt the issue will be in the log file either)

3 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I'm not entirely sure if this is a mod-related issue or not, but kerbnet doesn't seem to work on any of my probes anymore, prior to 1.3 it did, even with this mod installed. Just asking to see if anything in the mod would change the behavior of this feature or not. Thanks in advance.

Will take a look at Kerbnet when I'm home as I usually have it disabled.

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Again, it isn't happening for me and I don't see at all why (I doubt the issue will be in the log file either)

Will take a look at Kerbnet when I'm home as I usually have it disabled.

I should probably specify that I mean the "Kerbnet access" button found while right clicking on probe cores, not the commnet.

19 minutes ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I should probably specify that I mean the "Kerbnet access" button found while right clicking on probe cores, not the commnet.

Last time I tried it works only for certain probe cores? Try the rovemate. Send it into orbit, make sure it's powered and has an antenna, and a scanning thing (the silver one which opens out like a radar), then try.

Last time I tried it worked. You have to have comnet enabled too 

Hey all!

Small development update. Niebos (especially its mountains) doesn't look up to scratch in the current build. I'm working on a better heightmap which uses the base niebos heightmap, but with more!

V3AZxoF.png

(watermark for stealing reasons)

We just hit 5,000 downloads!! (Prepare the cliché speech)

It's amazing that the mod took off at all - it started out looking frankly horrific, and I definitely set myself very high standards from the very beginning, which is in part why I didn't stop developing the mod in the first place.

As some of you older folks may know, the mod was originally called Olei Planet Mod and was released on January 29, 2017. I began development on my birthday (January 22), and now that we are exactly 5 months in, we have reached 5000 downloads!

It's been a pleasure to work alongside the very best @The White Guardian, @JadeOfMaar and at times, @Galileo . I'm sure I've pestered all three of them equally when I've been stuck!

Thank you everyone for downloading, playing, providing feedback and reporting bugs - here's to another 5000 downloads!

<3