[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

15 minutes ago, Mekan1k said:

I am sorry to ask this, but how do I reduce kerbin back to it's normal dimensions? I have a bunch of mods, but I want to make sure I can use all the bases that Kerbal Konstructs allows me to use.

Noooo

If you really want to, go to Olei-Gaia > configs and delete Gaia.cfg

Then find the config (called GPO) in the Olei-Gaia folder which removes kerbin, Mun and Minmus. Remove the "!Body [kerbin] {}" entry.

Just now, Chase842 said:

@Gameslinx

Hey I had this glitch with the last release of GPO and I thought the new release today might have fixed it, but I am still having it.

There is a weird problem with the texture on Dreidos. 

Screenshot:

Hope this helps! Keep up the great work!

If you are talking about the black band around the body, that's a ring shadow, and is intentional... this is why it hasn't gone away 

1 minute ago, Chase842 said:

@Gameslinx

Hey I had this glitch with the last release of GPO and I thought the new release today might have fixed it, but I am still having it.

There is a weird problem with the texture on Dreidos. 

Screenshot:

Hope this helps! Keep up the great work!

Those are the shadows from the rings. If you don't like the effect, turn off 'Use Kopernicus Ring Shaders' in the main menu (when the scatterer menu pops up)

10 minutes ago, Chase842 said:

@Gameslinx and @Galileo

Ahhh I see it now! No it's cool, I'll leave them there. Now that I understand what it is, it looks just fine :) 

Awesome. I might disable them by default in the next build because sometimes there's a black line over Gaia's equator because of the shaders. And I doesn't look good either.

What I'd like is for scatterer to have individual configs on the planet list:

"useKopernicusShader = True/False" for each planet.

Side note: I really wish the orientation of the rings in Kopernicus stay the same. Niebos has its rings on an inclination and its moon is supposed to orbit within them, but they move each time the game is restarted which is annoying!

Also @Chase842 in the space centre view, is there a piece of terrain overlapping part of KSC? I haven't got this but someone just reported it with a screenshot.

Edited by Gameslinx

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Side note: I really wish the orientation of the rings in Kopernicus stay the same. Niebos has its rings on an inclination and its moon is supposed to orbit within them, but they move each time the game is restarted which is annoying!

One of Galileo's planets intended to have this too but it can't be done. The frustration is not worth it.

33 minutes ago, ksplover said:

For some reason the new planets are covered in lines while the old planets are normal and there is no atmosphere on Gaia ;.; poor kerbals

"new planets"?

When updating the mod, remove all of its components before installing the new one. In your case, remove every folder but for 'squad' and install the new update.

Are you on Windows, Mac or Linux?

9 minutes ago, ksplover said:

its named plugindata

Please reinstall the mod using the correct version. You require version 2.2 of the mod to run it on a Mac. To do this, do the following:

1. Remove the 10 folders that come with the mod
  2. Drag and drop the folders from the new mod file to GameData.

https://spacedock.info/mod/1247/Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul (Stockalike Planet Pack)/download/2.2a

Edited by Gameslinx

24 minutes ago, ksplover said:

Now there are only stock planets im running ksp version 1.2.2 is version of the mod for 1.3?

Please update to 1.3.

Surely you would have made the switch by now! Yes, this version is only for 1.3, but it also has Mac support.

13 minutes ago, ksplover said:

still plugindata

You either didn't install properly or downloaded the wrong version. You need version 2.2. Could you send me a screenshot of GameData if you're still experiencing issues?

Refer to the installation instructions. To avoid spam, I will try and include all the info here.

Remove all aspects of the mod (Olei and Olei-Gaia, Kopernicus and MFI especially) first.

To install this mod, download the mod from the link provided. After that, unzip the folder and browse to your gamedata folder. Drag and drop all 12 files and folders from the mod to Gamedata.

Edited by Gameslinx

On 6/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, Gameslinx said:

@TheWanderer05

pMfJsz7.png

Comnet and scanning equipment work fine. You sure you're within the active range?

Yeah, I was pretty close to Gaia when I tried, I was fully connected and everything. I'll see if the update changed anything when I get a chance, which probably won't be until mid July :( (I'm currently stuck on a MacBook which would probably explode with a mod installed).

Edited by TheWanderer05

11 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Yeah, I was pretty close to Gaia when I tried, I was fully connected and everything. I'll see if the update changed anything when I get a chance, which probably won't be until mid July :( (I'm currently stuck on a MacBook which would probably explode with a mod installed).

I sent the Kopernicus guys a message on the IRC and apparently it's because Kopernicus doesn't set displayName s for biomes. This should be fixed in the next kopernicus release, so somebody kick me when that's out :)