[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

I'm getting some contracts on this mod where they want me to test parts at Kerbin.

Are those contracts possible? Will they just work on Gaia, or, as I suspect, will they just be uncompletable?

I'm not using Contract Configurator or any contract packs that I'm aware of, but I am running a lot of other mods. ( http://puu.sh/xxejB/b97c06dba3.txt )

22 minutes ago, darloth said:

I'm getting some contracts on this mod where they want me to test parts at Kerbin.

Are those contracts possible?

The stock contract system does not have the capacity to consider planets and stars produced by anyone other than Squad. You'll have to replace your contract system with Contract Configurator, Strategia (with supporting configs...once they exist), or cancel these iffy contracts and cheat yourself the wasted rep and funds.

It is not in @Gameslinx power to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, i like pizza said:

What's the difference between this mod and After Kerbin?

This mod is after a nearby star objects some extra planets and when the min causes changes on Kerbin. AK is when kerbol is dying, and the kerbals have relocated on duna, now named solitude.

44 minutes ago, i like pizza said:

What's the difference between this mod and After Kerbin?

This mod is a separate timeline. More planets are added and there is a sub star.

After kerbin keeps the science realistic to the stock solar system in the future

Is there a version of this mod that completely replaces the stock system? or would that just be after Kerbin?

There isn't a version of this that replaces the stock system.

This and after kerbin are completely unrelated.

There isn't a version of this that replaces the stock system.

This and after kerbin are completely unrelated.

By the way, I've figured how to install the Gameslinx planet pack mod. I'm surprisingly able to use it with four gigabytes of ram. But could you make a version that is half the resolution? The terrain resolutions are taking up a lot of RAM. No, sadly I can't install more RAM even though I have a 64-bit OS and CPU.

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

such as?

Olu'um's range of light is still too high

Scatterer has some problems (such as lighting, terrain shadows and godrays not working properly) on the Olu'um orbiting planets causing some light artifacts

Olemut blowing up the vessel on SOI entry and ocean colour

There's some more which I need to address but I can't name them off the top of my head. Some of the above are fixed.

2 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

What's the story Behind Olu'um? Just curious.

It's an unstable, weak sub-star. It is likely a dwarf star, as it doesn't have much mass. It was brought to the Kerbal system via another star as they got close.