[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

7 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

This adds the Gargantua solar system from Interstellar into the game and he has the giant black hole emitting light and he still has the giant spinning accretion disc around it. I’d ask him for advice.

kargantua uses a gas giant template i believe, so it doesnt have to worry about the same issues. besides, gameslinx has done accretion discs before :P

7 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

kargantua uses a gas giant template i believe, so it doesnt have to worry about the same issues. besides, gameslinx has done accretion discs before :P

15 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

I’d recommend taking a page out of this mod.

This adds the Gargantua solar system from Interstellar into the game and he has the giant black hole emitting light and he still has the giant spinning accretion disc around it. I’d ask him for advice.

He doesn't respond to PMs.

I've consulted many of his configs and the black hole is a star, because his Lense effect can only be applied to stars.

Just now, Brainpop14 said:

Apparently not because it still looks good. Just look at this review of it

yeah, it's not something that affects it visually, but it spams the log file I believe. Gameslinx said he had to remove the disc from Olu'um because of it as far as I know. It's also been preventing me from adding it to my own stars (or at least I haven't tried because of it)

50 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Kottabos would’ve probably mentioned that in the video.

Kottabos does not go into any detail regarding the log file. All he does is look at the planet mods - you've seen him - he tabs through the solar system and that's that, because he has a day job and he forces himself to push out daily videos. Applying an accretion disk around a star spams the log files with MFI exceptions with errors calculating the starlight because the disk is a squashed Cube so that it looks 2d. It occludes the starlight source from Olu'um.

To everyone involved in the matter of Kargantua, there is a second reason Gameslinx stopped using the accretion disk plugin: It breaks in KSP 1.3. Kottabos made his review using KSP 1.2.2 and would have never encountered any errors.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 19/11/2017 at 7:23 PM, Brainpop14 said:

I’d recommend taking a page out of this mod.

Just to clarify, I would appreciate it if you did a tad more research into the matter.

As a matter of fact, I am acutely aware of why I removed the disks from my mod. They didn't vanish for no reason.

As it is clear you're not entirely certain you know what you were talking about, with all due respect, my accretion disks and his use exactly the same plugin. As a matter of fact, if you look at that exact plugin thread, he posts a link to this mod.

I wouldn't ever purposely release a mod with critical errors such as the very reason I dropped support for Instantiator.

Hypocritically saying, I don't appreciate your condescending tone when addressing me by my actions regarding my own mod. I've said my reasons for removing the disks a few pages back and I'll not give you the benefit of the doubt. I have repeated myself countess times within this thread and on my release notes here AND on space dock, AND in my change logs.

I've said many times I'll be trying to bring back these very accretion disks you clearly know and love, but in reality, ---> I'm not a magician. I can't pull things out of thin air. <---

Further proving my point, you said "this [mod] adds gargantua from ___". Yes. I know. SCROLL DOWN. I've replied numerous times to the thread - please do research!

I'm not removing the disks to annoy you guys. If that's what you think I'm doing as a modder, I politely ask you to rethink pressing this matter into my face. Simply asking "Can I ask why you removed the accretion disks? Thanks." Or "Do you think the accretion disks will make a return later on?" Would have avoided this entire debate.

Edited by Gameslinx

Hey guys, coming back to KSP after a long hiatus.

Even before installing it I knew I needed something new and this mod seems to tick all the boxes, awesome work, congratulations to all involved.

Couple of questions tho: I'm not a big fan of the stock sized planets, too easy. I've always playing with RSS-sized planets, sometimes even a tad bigger if I was feeling adventurous.

So, how big are the planets, is it stock-alike? If so, would this mod work alright if I resized it with Rescale! from Galileo? I've read it comes with 4k textures, so I guess around 3.2x or even 6.4x would still look alright.

Cheers!

9 minutes ago, JeeF said:

Hey guys, coming back to KSP after a long hiatus.

Even before installing it I knew I needed something new and this mod seems to tick all the boxes, awesome work, congratulations to all involved.

Couple of questions tho: I'm not a big fan of the stock sized planets, too easy. I've always playing with RSS-sized planets, sometimes even a tad bigger if I was feeling adventurous.

So, how big are the planets, is it stock-alike? If so, would this mod work alright if I resized it with Rescale! from Galileo? I've read it comes with 4k textures, so I guess around 3.2x or even 6.4x would still look alright.

Cheers!

It will work with rescale :)