[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

5 hours ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

i am not sure what to think right now, considering we literally just had quite a bit of discussion regarding accretion discs....

*removes accretion disk*

"I want them back!"

*adds accretion disk*

"Why is my log file 12GB?!"

Ok so I'm guessing this mod doesn't work with 1.3.1. Tried many times to install and my planet keeps texture-less, completely black. Am I missing something?

(texture-less looking from space, everything looks normal when on surface)

Edited by JeeF

22 minutes ago, JeeF said:

Ok so I'm guessing this mod doesn't work with 1.3.1. Tried many times to install and my planet keeps texture-less, completely black. Am I missing something?

(texture-less looking from space, everything looks normal when on surface)

This is the earliest of Gameslinx's mods so there are things that may break pretty hard. He's aware of most major problems already and is working on them.

Is there anybody else here running his mod in KSP 1.3.1 and have no texture problems?

I've tried everything. Reinstalled it again and again with the latest version, no other mods. Even re-downloaded KSP from scratch, problem persists. Planet is a black ball looking from space.

9 hours ago, JeeF said:

Is there anybody else here running his mod in KSP 1.3.1 and have no texture problems?

I've tried everything. Reinstalled it again and again with the latest version, no other mods. Even re-downloaded KSP from scratch, problem persists. Planet is a black ball looking from space.

Don't try running the mod on other versions if you don't know what you're doing.

I'll be not providing help if you don't play on the correct version the mod was built for, sorry.

An update is on the way which will address errors overlooked before.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:04 AM, JeeF said:

Hi. I'm running it on 1.3.1 and it seems to work just for me, visited most of the worlds without any texture issues, only replaced Kopernicus with the latest version from CKAN, since the one in this pack is not compatible. Also deleted Gaia to restore Kerbin to it's original state, since I'm a noob and need that, however I can confirm that it's a bit laggy with the original Mun as Gameslinx mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Gameslinx, great work! This is my favorite planet pack by far. Looking forward to an official update for 1.3.1!

Edited by gurkmeja

On 27/11/2017 at 11:20 PM, gurkmeja said:

Gameslinx, great work! This is my favorite planet pack by far. Looking forward to an official update for 1.3.1!

Cheers, very much appreciated.

In other news, the 1.3.1 update has been pushed back a few weeks because I have mock exams starting in 1 week. They last for 2 weeks. It's 3 weeks until I can begin work on my mods again, so the 1.3.1 update will likely be a few weeks off at best. Sorry for the wait, but life calls.

• 2 weeks later...

First off: Amazing planet pack, absolutely love it!

Gaia is amazing but I kind of like to keep the Kerbin System as my starting point (keeps saves a bit more stable) so I tried to get Gaia to lead on the same orbit by 60o but that screwed up Kerbin (Launch Locations, KSC is on some mountaintop, East and West seems swapped or something, The heightmap itself seems stable thought). Any idea why or how? I'm a complete noob to modding so any help would be appreciated.

KSP 1.3.1
Heavily Modded. 
This is what I did:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oxkUV-jdJb-5JBheTiZk1mmElDgb6L2d

59 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

First off: Amazing planet pack, absolutely love it!

Gaia is amazing but I kind of like to keep the Kerbin System as my starting point (keeps saves a bit more stable) so I tried to get Gaia to lead on the same orbit by 60o but that screwed up Kerbin (Launch Locations, KSC is on some mountaintop, East and West seems swapped or something, The heightmap itself seems stable thought). Any idea why or how? I'm a complete noob to modding so any help would be appreciated.

KSP 1.3.1
Heavily Modded. 
This is what I did:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oxkUV-jdJb-5JBheTiZk1mmElDgb6L2d

oh god

Please don't try this :/

Just delete Gaia's config file. Then go into "Olei-Gaia / configs", open removestockbodies, then delete the line that says "!body[Gaia] {}"

Great Mod, I have tried installing it on another computer like in the instructions, but it does not seem to work. On start up you can clearly see that the mod is there (Background picture is different, looks awesome by the way!). But after the game loaded, nothing is different. Upon further gameplay (creating new save file and checking out tracking station), the once Kerbin is now a black sphere with eeloo missing. At the KSC the sky is also black. I don´t know what to do....I have followed the instructions carefully, but with no success. I tried giving a screenshot but my pc gives me a weird error, sorry. The same install is on another computer, but with less mods, and works. Are there any mods that cause this? I also tried a clean install with same effect.

Thank you for your help.

PS: Happy Holidays!:D

Edited by Kspeher
Forgot something to add

2 hours ago, Kspeher said:

Great Mod, I have tried installing it on another computer like in the instructions, but it does not seem to work. On start up you can clearly see that the mod is there (Background picture is different, looks awesome by the way!). But after the game loaded, nothing is different. Upon further gameplay (creating new save file and checking out tracking station), the once Kerbin is now a black sphere with eeloo missing. At the KSC the sky is also black. I don´t know what to do....I have followed the instructions carefully, but with no success. I tried giving a screenshot but my pc gives me a weird error, sorry. The same install is on another computer, but with less mods, and works. Are there any mods that cause this? I also tried a clean install with same effect.

Thank you for your help.

PS: Happy Holidays!:D

Use ksp 1.3.0, not 1.3.1. This mod is in the process of being updated but doesn't work with 1.3.1 just yet.

First of all, excuse my bad english!

I am playing with stock kerbol system and yesterday i have installed Galileo Planet Pack as secondary system with sactisfactory results. This planet pack can be installed like Galileos

Thanks

PS: The Galactic Neighborhood works, but my visual mods dont load.

Edited by Leandro Basi
new inform

29 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

First of all, excuse my bad english!

I am playing with stock kerbol system and yesterday i have installed Galileo Planet Pack as secondary system with sactisfactory results. This planet pack can be installed like Galileos

Thanks

PS: The Galactic Neighborhood works, but my visual mods dont load.

Have you tried the download i just released? I've updated this to hopefully fix some of these issues. Let me know how it goes!