[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

10 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

I did some searching but I can't seem to find anything that describes the whole system of planets and moons you have here

I don't think there is any real, detailed list of the planets. You can tab through and read the descriptions ingame, though. 

Sorry about the long wait everyone. Our hyperdrive went down and it took us a long time to get to Eve as such, but now we've finally got there and is it just me or are there not as many clouds?

cIs8Mz9.png

Heading down to the surface

RZzqdgI.png

And yup there aren't as many clouds

r079U1R.png

Planting a flag and during our time on the surface we repaired our hyperdrive now we can quickly get to the Gaia system

Passing through the Gaia system for some sightseeing

zRuikLJ.png

Making a stop at Gol and also getting a good look at Nightmare during approach

xtCckG8.png

Gliding over the lava lakes of the impact zone, and MAN they weren't kidding about it being hot even up here.

3IIauTa.png

Parked on a mountain overlooking the lakes and it's still a little warm over here.

r1KioXz.png

I'm king of The Rock! And I'm also feeling much more of the heat out here. I could probably bake a pizza on this rock.

VOwIaQ2.png

Planting the flag, and now I am ready to get out of this heat and head for Olei!

Landed on Gullis and where's all that smoke coming from?
1x0kEz1.png

Planting the flag and it is really hard to see out here!

DxBCSf5.png

Departing now and this is a great view of the neighborhood! Next stop Dreidos!

6 minutes ago, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

@Brainpop14 ummm....maybe you should consider an imgur album rather than this posting of images over a series of replies... :P

I would do that if I knew how.

Considering the newest update which confuses me a bit: Obviously the internal structure of the pack changed a bit so first off: How to update? Is there still a way to keep Kerbin?

Side note: the module manager is a little outdated, 3.0.1 is now instead of 2.8.1, so I recommend either throwing it out (seriously, people will manage doing it themselves) or updating it.

29 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

How to update?

Delete everything GPO related, then install the new download. 

29 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

Is there still a way to keep Kerbin?

Support for this dropped a long time ago. Yes, there is, but I recommend some basic knowledge of kopernicus/config files first. I no longer walk users through this.

30 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

the module manager is a little outdated

I know this, but some users receive errors. If you want to update it, do so yourself.

18 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Support for this dropped a long time ago. Yes, there is, but I recommend some basic knowledge of kopernicus/config files first. I no longer walk users through this.

Time to learn Kopernicus i guess.
BTW: I noticed a weird bug when trying to land on Olemut, the ground seems to be 3-4km over the textures. KER tells me that the terrain is near and my space plane does crash and burn somewhere high up. To be fair, might have something to do with my excrementsty attempt to keep Kerbin and get Gaia to be on the opposite side of the sun.

Edited by OverlordMorgoth

I just installed this because I'm tired of the KSP standard planets, but I'm a bit confused at the clouds. Is KSC (GSC?) supposed to be smoke-covered? The clouds do look a bit weird, with sharp edges on the ground where they pass, as well as at the bototm edge. See this screenshot:

LObaedQ.png

59 minutes ago, Tivec said:

I just installed this because I'm tired of the KSP standard planets, but I'm a bit confused at the clouds. Is KSC (GSC?) supposed to be smoke-covered? The clouds do look a bit weird, with sharp edges on the ground where they pass, as well as at the bototm edge. See this screenshot:

This was the original intention, but I see the sharp edges and i'm doubting my motives now.

If you wish to adjust it, do a search in Gamedata/GPO/EVE for Clouds.cfg. Scroll down to Gaia-MainClouds (it's on line 199). Under "LayerVolume" there's a line which says "size = 2000, 2.2". Change this to "size = 2000, 1.5". You may need to increase the area of the clouds from 12000,3 to "12000,3.4". 

I've posted those instructions because it's a relatively simple fix and the next update isn't for a week yet.

Hope this helps!

Hey man, I love the look of your planet pack and I would love to play it but when I opened up the game it was intolerably laggy. Normally I got 3-4 frames per second while standing still on the launch pad. The game ran perfectly fine before with the other mods I had installed, is there a workaround for this? Do I need to allocate more resources? 

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Garbonzo said:

Hey man, I love the look of your planet pack and I would love to play it but when I opened up the game it was intolerably laggy. Normally I got 3-4 frames per second while standing still on the launch pad. The game ran perfectly fine before with the other mods I had installed, is there a workaround for this? Do I need to allocate more resources? 

Thanks!

What are your PC specs?

If you want to get better performance, remove Environmental Visual Enhancements from GameData

If you're getting desperate and the above didn't work, remove Scatterer from GameData as well.

Again, I need your PC specs to decide whether this is your issue or mine :P 

51 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

What are your PC specs?

If you want to get better performance, remove Environmental Visual Enhancements from GameData

If you're getting desperate and the above didn't work, remove Scatterer from GameData as well.

Again, I need your PC specs to decide whether this is your issue or mine :P 

That seemed to do the trick. Sorry for the rookie question, it's been a few months since I dusted off the launcher!