[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

5 hours ago, Update Guy said:

QH38EbI.png

So I don't think this is normal. I think it might be left over from some old files from the previous mods I forgot. What should I look for to fix this?

Note, the square also affects Vulkan

Did you update from a previous version of GPO?

GPO currently doesn't use Instantiator. That's coming back in the next update. (Remove instantiator from game data)

While we still wait for the update I do have a few places to visit before arriving at the Olu'um system. First up is Dreidos

lZqKkyP.png

And is it just me, or does this place remind me of somewhere

Geonosis_aotc1.jpg

Well, sort of.

bQ41VCp.png

Especially these mountains really give me this vibe.

CuKyB2N.png

This surface really looks familiar to me.

bglOL8s.png

Planting a flag on a very familiar looking planet.

qvA0JzM.png

Making a quick stop at Dreidiss, and yes to me the planet below looks very familiar.

Taking a quick stop at Neivis and loving the view from here!

u08Yjmg.png

DdseULY.png

Taking a quick walk little ways away from the ship and is it hot here or just me?

vQuiWdm.png

hlbWudJ.png

Planting the flag and enjoying the view! I could probably bake a pizza out here with all this heat.

@Gameslinx

Sir, I tried your mod and even the kopernicus version provided in your mod, I downloaded it from space dock so the CKAN problem is not an issue here, the thing is that I am using your mod side by side with galactic neighborhood, the moment I add your mod to the Game Data folder and run the game, i get the error as the picture bellow, is there something wrong or did i miss something?

aC8Hbl-GRJWURo-fYyoNUA.png

14 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Gameslinx

Sir, I tried your mod and even the kopernicus version provided in your mod, I downloaded it from space dock so the CKAN problem is not an issue here, the thing is that I am using your mod side by side with galactic neighborhood, the moment I add your mod to the Game Data folder and run the game, i get the error as the picture bellow, is there something wrong or did i miss something?

aC8Hbl-GRJWURo-fYyoNUA.png

The folder structure of GPO is currently changing, so it currently isn't compatible with GN.

The next update should sort the file structure out and I'll tell Sigma.

Taking a stop at Duna real quick

ILaqFQr.png

Plotting Descent

PxhVQmR.png

I'm still loving this surface view!

neFww3b.png

I don't know what it is, but I feel peaceful here.

uZp9W5F.png

Marking the territory of the Rebellion!

Sk1KpBc.png

Taking a pit stop at Ike as well, actually before now I've never sent anything down to this surface.

1ZLDH8k.png

This could perhaps be another potential site for an outpost.

Next Stop, Sonus! And this place is beautiful!
m5yqOZI.png

I'm blown away by this beautiful view!

DwvCMtY.png

Now on the surface and I love it out here!

dFUNAE8.png

I think I landed in an impact crater!

AyvBwpx.png

Epic photoshoot with Bob

5pj8DaT.png

Perhaps we should come back later and build a proper base here?

ddKZr7S.png

Also took a quick stop at Sojos

xZics1z.png

Is this a dormant volcano? I'm not registering any heat on the sensors.

XfrnNmN.png

Looks like no fresh baked pizza today.

HnHTnMh.png

Well, at least we can mark the territory.

Hi there!

After a somewhat long hiatus from the game I returned purely to dive into this mod. seems my timing was a bit off and I will prob wait for the next update for my video filming, particularly to include the accretion disk for the proper display of the mods appearance. as cool as the glowing purple olu'um is, I think it will be much better with the disk effect. I am curious, with OPM for example there were a much larger volume of clouds on atmospheric planets, is this something that I can emulate in this mod by adjusting some of the settings, or shoudl I leave it be?

I am running into a few odd problems . I am using the thor-tech mod, nifty setup, that permits the use of Intake ATM instead of intake air (many mods use this from my understanding). However it seems that virtually none of the new planets atmospheres have the "atm" resource these intakes and engines use. I found that Telos has it, and of course gaia, which leaves me to believe that their addition was intentional. Is this something to expect on other planetary bodies, or are gaia, laythe and telos the only ones?

Additionally, Gaia does not have a breathable atmosphere, is it normal in this mod for my kerbals to need helmets at the KSC?

I gotta say, I already did a set of videos on the outer planets mod, and it adds alot of cool stuff, but some of the concepts here really knock it out of the park. truly awesome mod

6 hours ago, baconfortress said:

Hi there!

After a somewhat long hiatus from the game I returned purely to dive into this mod. seems my timing was a bit off and I will prob wait for the next update for my video filming, particularly to include the accretion disk for the proper display of the mods appearance. as cool as the glowing purple olu'um is, I think it will be much better with the disk effect. I am curious, with OPM for example there were a much larger volume of clouds on atmospheric planets, is this something that I can emulate in this mod by adjusting some of the settings, or shoudl I leave it be?

I am running into a few odd problems . I am using the thor-tech mod, nifty setup, that permits the use of Intake ATM instead of intake air (many mods use this from my understanding). However it seems that virtually none of the new planets atmospheres have the "atm" resource these intakes and engines use. I found that Telos has it, and of course gaia, which leaves me to believe that their addition was intentional. Is this something to expect on other planetary bodies, or are gaia, laythe and telos the only ones?

Additionally, Gaia does not have a breathable atmosphere, is it normal in this mod for my kerbals to need helmets at the KSC?

I gotta say, I already did a set of videos on the outer planets mod, and it adds alot of cool stuff, but some of the concepts here really knock it out of the park. truly awesome mod

Thank you for using the mod!

I'm sure that I corrected the breathable atmosphere bug, but I'll give it another pass. It could be down to the altitude at KSC, but it does seem quite low.

I'll look into the resources for other mods and I'll make configs if need be.

@baconfortress @Gameslinx What's going on there is a fatal fault within CRP (Community Resource Pack). IntakeAtm only works on planets which have Oxygen (defeating the whole purpose of IntakeAtm). The solution is to delete all of CRP's localization files except English.

From my experience, I need to install Kopernicus and replace the solar system. With just the stock planets (or Kopernicus installed but no new planets) I'm SoL (the issue remains) and I might as well invent my own intake resource.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar I did this, and it permits intake Atm to work on gaia and telos, however its entirely possible telos could have oxygen thats making it work that im unaware of. I posted on gameslinx thread and he implied the lack of intake atm is a known bug that the new patch will address. With luck that will be the case. I can continue my testing and building on gaia where the intakes work (lord knows the flight control in different pressures will be something nuts without testing but screw it)

edit: that moment when you realize this is that thread....duh

Edited by baconfortress

@baconfortress You still can't use IntakeAtm freely? Well tbh I haven't tested a planet mod that adds onto the stock system (I've tried two mods that replace the stock system and things are fine in both) but I expected that the mod's planets alone would be free of this problem. This is really terrible. :/ 

Spoiler

Yes, Telos has Oxygen.

Heading over to Butai now and really liking this!

6gDSO38.png

Plotting descent

iJun3Cz.png

This place feels somewhat peaceful

L2SqicM.png

Marking more Rebel territory

MSOqMJi.png

Taking a quick stop at Kibbos

nJdWqNg.png

I really feel peaceful out here

i8q77Fh.png

This could perhaps be another site for an outpost someday.

19 hours ago, baconfortress said:

@JadeOfMaar I did this, and it permits intake Atm to work on gaia and telos, however its entirely possible telos could have oxygen thats making it work that im unaware of. I posted on gameslinx thread and he implied the lack of intake atm is a known bug that the new patch will address. With luck that will be the case. I can continue my testing and building on gaia where the intakes work (lord knows the flight control in different pressures will be something nuts without testing but screw it)

edit: that moment when you realize this is that thread....duh

IntakeATM is basically oxygen. There's nothing wrong here? 

@Gameslinx oxygen is a diff resource. From my understanding air breathing engines that come stock run on oxygen only, and the generic "ATM" resource was representative of intakes able to process different gas mixtures. So while jet engines with "intake air" flame out on eve and duna (and butai and scorch etc), engines with "Intake atm" would still operate, allowing you to fly spaceplanes on those planets a bit more efficiently than burning rocket fuel in dense atmo.

13 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

@Gameslinx So on a hunch I did a fresh install of everything and all of your planets are now working with intake atm and the thor engines. No idea what happened, but its working. sorry to take up your time on that

No worries, that's what i'm here for!