[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Heading over to Dres now and prepping for landing.

1e4GehD.png

I've never actually sent anything out here before.

leRcUeZ.png

Magnificent Desolation

DMCgPlE.png

CGHWWrl.png

Photo op with Val.

HY4JWvS.png

Also making a quick stop at Dread and these plateaued ridges make great landing sites.

UDb5hJj.png

This place feels strangely peaceful.

3kJg7d5.png

These flat valleys and peaks will make a great site for an outpost!

m10psoR.png

Looking at our future target in the distance

Du7cXuv.png

Plotting hyperspace jump to Olu'um. We shall arrive there after the update!

2 hours ago, baconfortress said:

The version I am using does not have the accretion disk but looking back a bit I see you have a new appearance from it. Is my version out of date or are the accretion disks not back yet? I would happily update now lol

Not updated yet, still working on it.

What happened to the Olei-Gaia folder

I liked playing with kerbin

but when I remove the Gaia config file, I get the (kopernicus is not working message) at the front screen.

Can you find a way to fix this.

I also have some suggestions.

1. Make an option to make Gaia a different planet and Kerbin the home world

2. Make an option to make Olu'um a gas giant (I don't like that Olu'um is a sub star.)

3. Make an option to put The planets around a different star (I did this in my own time myself so it should work)

4. More Planets.

Also, can you make a mod like kerbal galaxy with stars, exo-planets/moons, black holes, a Super massive black hole, rouge planets, orbiting dwarf galaxies you know, the who sha bang.

Edited by Jeb's Fireworks Guy

1 hour ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Also, can you make a mod like kerbal galaxy with stars, exo-planets/moons, black holes, a Super massive black hole, rouge planets, orbiting dwarf galaxies you know, the who sha bang.

Adding a new star means you will need modded parts to get there, which I generally disagree with.

- @Gameslinx

9 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

- Adding a new star means you will need modded parts to get there, which I generally disagree with.

I have done it with stock parts.

It was a long journey, but it is possible.

BTW, do you have a config file example for planets with kopernicus. Like Gas planets, Rocky planets, Planets with Atmospheres/Oceans (I know how to do stars) I'm trying to make a planet mod myself but I never have success with rocky planets, I rarely have success with gas planets.

It's merged with the Olei folder to create a full "GPO" folder to manage clutter and reorganise assets.

but when I remove the Gaia config file, I get the (kopernicus is not working message) at the front screen.

You're the one who broke it by removing the Gaia.cfg, not me.

Make an option to make Gaia a different planet and Kerbin the home world

Possible. Might come at a later date if this is a popular choice.

Make an option to make Olu'um a gas giant (I don't like that Olu'um is a sub star.)

No. I want it as a star.

Make an option to put The planets around a different star

No. That ruins the entire lore and goal of GPO.

More

I think 36 is enough, don't you?

Pretend this next text is under the next quote. I broke it by accident.

Yes allow me to shell out another 6 months of my life to add another mod which I won't find any enjoyment in making. KSS ( @StarCrusher96) and GN ( @Sigma88) exist for this reason alone. 

If you want other stars around stock KSP, check out @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures's Extrasolar mod.

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

It's merged with the Olei folder to create a full "GPO" folder to manage clutter and reorganise assets.

You're the one who broke it by removing the Gaia.cfg, not me.

Possible. Might come at a later date if this is a popular choice.

No. I want it as a star.

No. That ruins the entire lore and goal of GPO.

I think 36 is enough, don't you?

Pretend this next text is under the next quote. I broke it by accident.

Yes allow me to shell out another 6 months of my life to add another mod which I won't find any enjoyment in making. KSS ( @StarCrusher96) and GN ( @Sigma88) exist for this reason alone. 

If you want other stars around stock KSP, check out @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures's Extrasolar mod.

Ok

first, I only wanted to suggest a mod that doesn’t replace the stock system like kss and has scatterer configs unlike GN

second, I Didn’t know it would take so long.

I angered star crusher when I asked him to make an option to let the kerbol system be the stock system.

I just wanted to leave a comment and get a contingency file that will work for making kopernicus planets that I can actually stand on. 

Sorry if I made you angry but I wanted to suggest features and get a proper confit file for kopernicus that will work.

6 hours ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

I liked playing with kerbin

I also have some suggestions.

1. Make an option to make Gaia a different planet and Kerbin the home world

2. Make an option to make Olu'um a gas giant (I don't like that Olu'um is a sub star.)

3. Make an option to put The planets around a different star (I did this in my own time myself so it should work)

4. More Planets.

Get Kerbal Star Systems, to answer your bottom question. 

9 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Get Kerbal Star Systems, to answer your bottom question. 

I won’t use kss because it replaces the stock system 

also, it takes so much RAM that if I have any other mode it crashes 

I‘m trying to make planets myself to solve this problem but it never works, does anyone here have a config file that will work for all planets (rocky planets and gas planets, I know how to do stars.) and kopernicus examples doesn’t work  

12 hours ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

second, I Didn’t know it would take so long.

Oh trust me, it takes a long, long time to make mods like KSS and GN.

I won't speak for Gameslinx, but it looks like Gameslinx reacted negatively to your list of suggestions because you come off as not appreciative and not understanding how much work goes into these things. Also, when you put things in a list like that it can come off as being demanding, not that you were trying to.

39 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Also, when you put things in a list like that it can come off as being demanding, not that you were trying to.

I wasn’t trying to be demanding

Don’t get me wrong, I love you valentine system mod

I’m sorry if I came of as demanding

i want only two things

1. To leave some suggestions 

2. To learn how to use kopernicus 

every time I try to make a rocky planet

i get the message at the front screen about the planets not working

I can do stars

I only have trouble with making rocky planets

kopernicus examples doesn’t work so I was hoping for a way to do it that doesn’t break my game

20 minutes ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

2. To learn how to use kopernicus 

every time I try to make a rocky planet

i get the message at the front screen about the planets not working

I can do stars

I only have trouble with making rocky planets

kopernicus examples doesn’t work so I was hoping for a way to do it that doesn’t break my game

There are numerous tutorials on how to create planets on these forums and elsewhere.

@Theglitchofthekraken IIRC, there is no "tail moon" of the nature you describe in GPO. But, I will list the closest moons of various planets that may be what you are talking about.

Verdina, of Olu'um

Nightmare, of Gol (is stretched because of the tidal forces, same things that make "tail moons" happen)

Nievis, of Niebos

Vulkine, of Vulkan

(also worth noting is Vulkan itself - it's got an accretion disk about it for whatever reason, ask @Gameslinx for more info)

Teloslate, of Telos

While none of these do in fact possess a tail, they're the best guesses I have as to what you mean

15 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Coming soon.

Suspense! If only I could see these... it's likely the school web filters... I'll have to wait :(

Knowing you, though, it's got to be good!

Edited by Mrcarrot