[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Awesome! Almost ready to keep exploring! Our hyperdrive went down and we're stuck at Dres for the moment, but it should be repaired in time for this update! In the meantime maybe I could start building those bases and outposts I mentioned earlier, but before I can do that I need a good mod to build those with. Does anyone here know of a good mod that adds surface structures that would fit my purpose?

Edited by Brainpop14

3 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Awesome! Almost ready to keep exploring! Our hyperdrive went down and we're stuck at Dres for the moment, but it should be repaired in time for this update! In the meantime maybe I could start building those bases and outposts I mentioned earlier, but before I can do that I need a good mod to build those with. Does anyone here know of a good mod that adds surface structures that would fit my purpose?

I would recommend Planetary Base Systems.

[snip]

The image shows a weird glitch i get both ingame and in the main menu. It happens on all planets and moons and will start to appear on gaia 70 km up

I have only installed this mod and have placed all files and folders in my gamedata

Please help me and copy and paste the url at the top and google search.

(I dont know how to make links and upload images)

Thanks for making this mod, I'm really enjoying the new pretty planets and moons. I wish my pc could handle the EVE and scatterer components (looks awesome but crashes), but oh well. 

My question is about the crashed "Veronica" on Neibos... Is there a ship/item/Easter egg to find there? If so,  do I need any specific part to find it?

55 minutes ago, Bonbo said:

[snip]

The image shows a weird glitch i get both ingame and in the main menu. It happens on all planets and moons and will start to appear on gaia 70 km up

I have only installed this mod and have placed all files and folders in my gamedata

Please help me and copy and paste the url at the top and google search.

(I dont know how to make links and upload images)

The link you included was to the location of the pic on your drive, which no one else can use. :) I removed it anyway, for the sake of your privacy. To share a pic on this forum, upload it to a file-sharing site, and then use the link they provide here. 

3 hours ago, PhoenixRise86 said:

My question is about the crashed "Veronica" on Neibos... Is there a ship/item/Easter egg to find there? If so,  do I need any specific part to find it?

You need to perform a manned-only experiment somewhere on Niebos 

Seeing that disk has me excited, cant wait to start my missions. Got almost every aspect of their design finished, just waiting for the update to start filming. Hopefully the planets dont change so much that my R&D goes to waste.  Got a couple ships I built just for this mod I figured worth sharing

@Gameslinx: I will put the finished product on reddit and youtube, which you gave the greenlight to ages ago, if there is anything in particular youd like shown off lemme know.

First I have my colony ship on Thelai, carries habitats, hover vehicles, tracked hauling vehicles and large scale science experiments and lab. Also include 2 shuttles for an emergency evacuation

wG81YEE.png

Above Telos, the habitats and vehicles are boarded onto a massive k size spaceplane, its thortech engines permit nearly infinite flight in atmosphere on telos, and its rocket engines allow it to return to its orbital perch to load future modules. The orbital facility has 10 kerbals in cryo, as well as a suite of shuttles in case of emergency evacuation

tOz3RHC.jpg

On Dreidos, the manned warpjet explorer is able to use its engines to explore indefinitely, with several scientific packages and a ground rover for surface exploration. Like most craft in my program this has no landing gear, relying on repulsors

g1kxavs.png

Unmanned missions include different types of probe, this one is warpjet based, operating on gaia

Oihb2tf.jpg

On Butai, the heaviest drone I build pulls a trailer with a large number of scientific experiments both on board and in storage. It will be met by a shuttle full of scientists once in position

iasu3T8.png

22 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

Seeing that disk has me excited, cant wait to start my missions. Got almost every aspect of their design finished, just waiting for the update to start filming. Hopefully the planets dont change so much that my R&D goes to waste.  Got a couple ships I built just for this mod I figured worth sharing

@Gameslinx: I will put the finished product on reddit and youtube, which you gave the greenlight to ages ago, if there is anything in particular youd like shown off lemme know.

First I have my colony ship on Thelai, carries habitats, hover vehicles, tracked hauling vehicles and large scale science experiments and lab. Also include 2 shuttles for an emergency evacuation

wG81YEE.png

Above Telos, the habitats and vehicles are boarded onto a massive k size spaceplane, its thortech engines permit nearly infinite flight in atmosphere on telos, and its rocket engines allow it to return to its orbital perch to load future modules. The orbital facility has 10 kerbals in cryo, as well as a suite of shuttles in case of emergency evacuation

tOz3RHC.jpg

On Dreidos, the manned warpjet explorer is able to use its engines to explore indefinitely, with several scientific packages and a ground rover for surface exploration. Like most craft in my program this has no landing gear, relying on repulsors

g1kxavs.png

Unmanned missions include different types of probe, this one is warpjet based, operating on gaia

Oihb2tf.jpg

On Butai, the heaviest drone I build pulls a trailer with a large number of scientific experiments both on board and in storage. It will be met by a shuttle full of scientists once in position

iasu3T8.png

So far there are major terrain changes on:

Volux, Butai, Dreidos, Niebos and Telos.

There may be more before the update, though.

35 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

Will these terrain changes have any effect on their surface gravity or atmospheric composition? ground terrain changes will be irrelevant to my designs.

No, except for Dreidos. It is getting oxygen and a slight radius and gravity increase, as well as increased atmospheric pressure by about 50%.

6 hours ago, Bonbo said:

https://imgur.com/a/V5iBp

here is the link for the weird bug

It occurs on all modded planets and moons, but doesn't effect stock planets except new kerbin and its moons, Jool is also missing rings

My mod list only contains all folders of the planet pack and squad in this order

You use Mac/Linux. This is a recurring problem that every Mac/Linux user has.

To fix, go into your graphics settings and just press apply after changing something 

You will need to do this every time you start the game, but it is a workaround.

2 hours ago, Bonbo said:

I changed some of the graphic settings and pressed apply and accept yet the bug still there

(never mind i fixed it forget this message)

Really cool pack and very beautiful

Great Job!

Thank you! I'll let you know when I'm closer to fixing this, but it is a long shot unfortunately...

I recently bought a new laptop and installed this mod. It seemed to be running fine, but when I tried putting a craft on the launch pad, the fps dropped to the point where the game became nearly unplayable. Is there any way to make it run faster that doesn't involve removing the clouds? The clouds on some of the planets (like Fume) look really good and I would like to keep them.

8 hours ago, lnanson said:

I recently bought a new laptop and installed this mod. It seemed to be running fine, but when I tried putting a craft on the launch pad, the fps dropped to the point where the game became nearly unplayable. Is there any way to make it run faster that doesn't involve removing the clouds? The clouds on some of the planets (like Fume) look really good and I would like to keep them.

I need your system specs (processor, gpu, ram...)

And yes, it is probably the clouds.

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I need your system specs (processor, gpu, ram...)

And yes, it is probably the clouds.

Here they are:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    Chip type : Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Adapter string: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    Bios information: Intel Video BIOS
    Total Available Graphics Memory: 6221 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB
    System Video Memory: 0MB
    Shared System Memory:     6093MB

Ram: 12 GB

Thanks for helping me with this.

2 hours ago, lnanson said:

Here they are:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    Chip type : Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Adapter string: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    Bios information: Intel Video BIOS
    Total Available Graphics Memory: 6221 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB
    System Video Memory: 0MB
    Shared System Memory:     6093MB

Ram: 12 GB

Thanks for helping me with this.

Intel HD graphics is an integrated chip set. Without a dedicated GPU you will lag like crazy. You need a dedicated graphics card, because Intel's builtin graphics are terrible!

Entire changelog for GPO Version 3.0.

This changelog is the largest one yet.

COMPLETELY REDONE:

- Scorch
 - Butai
 - Sonus
 - Niebos terrain
 - Dreidos terrain
 - Volux
 - Tetra
 - Olu'um
 - Flake terrain
 - Fume terrain
THE FOLLOWING MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES:
 - Volux hurricane size increased
 - Volux hurricane retexture
 - Bug fixes on ALL planets
 - Scatterer fade bug on Niebos and Dreidos fixed
 - Reduced aliasing for terrain textures on all planets
 - Size adjustment for Volux and Tetra
 - Atmosphere pressure reduced for Fume
 - Removed 3 EVE layers on Fume for performance
 - Added EVE-Scatterer integration on Fume
 - ADDED THE ACCRETION DISKS BACK TO OLU'UM AND VULCAN
 - Colour changes for Butai and Dreidos
 - Fixed ocean on Oleumt
 - Reduced chance to explode on Olemut SOI entry (let me know if this still occurs)
 - Reduced terrain pixellation drastically on nearly all planets and moons
 - Added sunflares to Sun and Olu'um, credit to JadeOfMaar 
 - Skybox complete retexture
 - General terrain improvements and quality enhancements across the board
 - Increased variety of PQSMods used on planets
 - Corrected sharp terminator on Volux
 - Brightened Olu'um's texture
 - Added lava ocean to Scorch
 - OTHER BUG FIXES WHICH I HAVE LIKELY FORGOTTEN HAVE BEEN APPLIED
Enjoy the update. GPO is now 1 year old.

Please note the licence noted on the Spacedock and Forum pages. Using my textures for your own purposes without my permission is in breach of my licence.

If you have just seen this message, please wait 5 minutes for the mod to complete updating.

Edited by Gameslinx