[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

6 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

and the download begins. I presume we just replace the folders we have with the new ones?

Yes, but remember to remove the old ones before the new ones (don't just drag and drop the new ones on top of the old)

Hey all! Just released a quick update because KSC was elevating above the surface again. I never caught it because I always headed into the tracking station, and it wasn't visible from the main KSC view!

I'm afraid you'd need to download the entire mod for this fix, or replace Gaia.cfg with this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfmjfb471f6hrna/Gaia.cfg?dl=0

On 1/26/2018 at 7:11 PM, Gameslinx said:

Intel HD graphics is an integrated chip set. Without a dedicated GPU you will lag like crazy. You need a dedicated graphics card, because Intel's builtin graphics are terrible!

I tried it again, and the fps issue actually fixed itself as soon as I left Gaia's atmosphere. It's pretty easy to play now that I got used to it. However, I wanted to know if there is a way to disable the new effects in the 3.0 update. They haven't given me any problems until now, but getting near Olu'um in the tracking station makes the game lag a bit. Considering the tracking station didn't lag before the update, but flying any ship did cause fps issues, I'm expecting to have problems if I fly a ship to Olu'um.

9 hours ago, lnanson said:

I tried it again, and the fps issue actually fixed itself as soon as I left Gaia's atmosphere. It's pretty easy to play now that I got used to it. However, I wanted to know if there is a way to disable the new effects in the 3.0 update. They haven't given me any problems until now, but getting near Olu'um in the tracking station makes the game lag a bit. Considering the tracking station didn't lag before the update, but flying any ship did cause fps issues, I'm expecting to have problems if I fly a ship to Olu'um.

That is because of scatterer loading on the planets (more load the closer you get to Olu'um) and the EVE layers (more load the closer you get to Olu'um).

The main issue here is that you do not have a graphics card so your computer is severely limited and it is relying on your CPU to do everything, which is why you're lagging

Would it be possible to use this mod without changing Kerbin to Gaia? Like having all of the other changes to the planets, just keep Gaia Kerbin. I'm personally not a huge fan of Gaia, despite being an amazingly designed planet, I prefer the Old Kerbin. I would imagine it would only involve removing the the 'Gaia' files, and it should automatically revert back to Kerbin, because I never removed the 'Kerbin' files. It probably requies more that that, but I don't think it would be all that hard anyways.  I know it doesn't make sense Lore wise, but I just prefer the older Kerbin.

Just a side thought, would it be compatible Kerbin Side?

6 hours ago, Lizardman383 said:

Would it be possible to use this mod without changing Kerbin to Gaia? Like having all of the other changes to the planets, just keep Gaia Kerbin. I'm personally not a huge fan of Gaia, despite being an amazingly designed planet, I prefer the Old Kerbin. I would imagine it would only involve removing the the 'Gaia' files, and it should automatically revert back to Kerbin, because I never removed the 'Kerbin' files. It probably requies more that that, but I don't think it would be all that hard anyways.  I know it doesn't make sense Lore wise, but I just prefer the older Kerbin.

Just a side thought, would it be compatible Kerbin Side?

You can try removing Gaia.cfg... but I don't really support people who try to mess with the mod.

There will be no help from me, so make sure you know what you're doing!

On 1/30/2018 at 1:33 AM, lnanson said:

After posting that, I decided to send a suicide mission to Telos and test the fps. Somehow it ran faster than at Gaia.  However, I did find a few bugs. Olu'um's accretion disk was rotating backwards. Not sure if Vulcan does the same. The other thing I noticed was that despite Olu'um and the sun being on opposite sides of the ship, Olu'um seemed to make the side of the ship facing the sun much brighter. Also, (not sure if this counts as a bug or a suggestion) the pinkish haze from Olu'um was on my ship before getting past Dres' orbit, and Olu'um still looked as small as it did at Gaia. It seems (to me, at least) that would need to be closer for the haze to appear. Anyways, I'm going to start a career save this week. The planets seem really nice; can't wait to land on them :)

1 hour ago, lnanson said:

After posting that, I decided to send a suicide mission to Telos and test the fps. Somehow it ran faster than at Gaia.  However, I did find a few bugs. Olu'um's accretion disk was rotating backwards. Not sure if Vulcan does the same. The other thing I noticed was that despite Olu'um and the sun being on opposite sides of the ship, Olu'um seemed to make the side of the ship facing the sun much brighter. Also, (not sure if this counts as a bug or a suggestion) the pinkish haze from Olu'um was on my ship before getting past Dres' orbit, and Olu'um still looked as small as it did at Gaia. It seems (to me, at least) that would need to be closer for the haze to appear. Anyways, I'm going to start a career save this week. The planets seem really nice; can't wait to land on them :)

Cheers for that, they all sound like promising bugs. Fixing for tomorrow's release

Yeah i was just about to post the same, both Olu'um and Vulcans accretion disks rotate backwards :D
I just fixed it by myself by simply adding a - to the 0.01 Y axis scale of them, flips em upside down, thus reverses rotation =)
Except if viewed from below it mirrors it unfortunately lol

Love this mod though, the best planet pack by far IMO. I tried the other multi-solar system packs, because i love the idea of truly late late endgame stuff, but most of their planets are so dead boring. This mod strikes an amazingly well thought out balance between the fantastical and the semi-realistic. Not too crazy, but every planet still remains interesting.

The only criticism would be that the 3 terrestrial worlds are a bit too similar, maybe spice them up a bit more, maybe let one of them have a sickly greenish (not too saturated, but still) Fallout vibe (the one with the description about a dead civilization on it perhaps), and perhaps another one can be really really vibrant with turqoise blue skies and dark reddish oceans.

Whatever works in terms of color composition, but just something more varied than 3 terrestrial green-blue planets that look fairly similar :)
At least in the starmap, cant blame me for not having had 100 hours to visit all worlds yet =)

Edited by Baleurion

2 hours ago, Baleurion said:

The only criticism would be that the 3 terrestrial worlds are a bit too similar, maybe spice them up a bit more, maybe let one of them have a sickly greenish (not too saturated, but still) Fallout vibe (the one with the description about a dead civilization on it perhaps), and perhaps another one can be really really vibrant with turqoise blue skies and dark reddish oceans.

Terrestrials (worlds with oxygen)

- Niebos

- Dreidos (Ish)

- Sonus

- Telos (Ish)

Telos has a very turquoise hue, and its main feature is a strip of land encompassing the planet 

Sonus is meant to look similar to Gaia, the only true earth like world. (It's meant to look the same)

Niebos is quite turquoisy, and has rings - as does Dreidos (but Dreidos is sandy so let's leave it out of this). I agree that I could make Niebos and Telos more different, but it will take some experimenting to separate them further!

(Telos is tidally locked, so...)

As for the other feedback, thank you! I tend to edge towards a semi-realistic but also a fantasy looking planet pack with this mod. I'm glad it appeals!

Final note: Tomorrow/Sunday's update should correct some of these bugs (accretion disk turning the wrong way when viewed from above, lava temperature curve ramping too steeply, some bugs mentioned above)

Edited by Gameslinx

I love this mod but after I updated to this version the mod seemed to break for me.

Not to be a negative Nancy or petty but there is something wrong with this download (at least for me). Essentially all the textures seem to not work, like on the title screen there is no land on Gaia to be seen, the title of the game is gone, and the Kerbonaughts are wearing pitch black space suits with no texture. And in the main game about 70% of the planets either don't have land just ocean (like Gaia), and moons and other planets are a single color like green or blue and no depth of the land and at the KSC and while on a planet, the entire planet is black. And the worst part is it seems to overwrite the Squad game files because if I uninstall the mod the same thing happens with the stock planets!

NOTE: 

1. I have no other mods installed so non-compatible mods are not the problem.

2. Its a fresh install of KSP and its 1.3.1.

3. I used CKAN and the manual version and i'm positive that it installed correctly.

I hope you don't take this as me complaining I just want some Clarification or help, because after all i'm the only one to have this problem and this is an amazing planet pack and I want to use it but it doesn't work. . And here are some pictures to get a better understanding.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eG38lqHTUq2WewY14qQ9oOB8Lq_gb5f_    Title Screen

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H2awThHgHik2iKJtFmEIFSKEDJnAX-vu      KSC

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11CkNcELYc0F153-puyXCx4dqZNXkOdjE      Gol

Edited by Doctor_Vaseline

6 hours ago, Doctor_Vaseline said:

I love this mod but after I updated to this version the mod seemed to break for me.

Quite strange. I've not seen this before.

To me, it looks as if something is wrong on your end. It looks more like a driver problem to me, so try updating them. Usually this doesn't work, so:

Could I have a screenshot of your GameData folder along with a copy of your KSP. Log file?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

To me, it looks as if something is wrong on your end. It looks more like a driver problem to me, so try updating them. Usually this doesn't work, so:

Could I have a screenshot of your GameData folder along with a copy of your KSP. Log file?

Thanks.

Here you go i'm gonna see if there is any more driver updates that i may have missed today

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JOkltjguUHubguHnD9tYHW8Gj3ZJlH0H

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Terrestrials (worlds with oxygen)

- Niebos

- Dreidos (Ish)

- Sonus

- Telos (Ish)

Telos has a very turquoise hue, and its main feature is a strip of land encompassing the planet 

Sonus is meant to look similar to Gaia, the only true earth like world. (It's meant to look the same)

Niebos is quite turquoisy, and has rings - as does Dreidos (but Dreidos is sandy so let's leave it out of this). I agree that I could make Niebos and Telos more different, but it will take some experimenting to separate them further!

(Telos is tidally locked, so...)

As for the other feedback, thank you! I tend to edge towards a semi-realistic but also a fantasy looking planet pack with this mod. I'm glad it appeals!

Final note: Tomorrow/Sunday's update should correct some of these bugs (accretion disk turning the wrong way when viewed from above, lava temperature curve ramping too steeply, some bugs mentioned above)

Hi again. I found another bug. In my career save, I just received a contract to fly by Olu'um, even though I just managed to get into orbit of Gaia. Just wanted to let you know, in case you want to fix it for tomorrow's update. I know you are doing this voluntarily. I understand if you don't fix it. Also, I saw an old post of yours saying you wanted people to send you screenshots of the mod if they had any good ones. I can send some, if you like. Let me know.

Edited by lnanson

20 minutes ago, lnanson said:

Hi again. I found another bug. In my career save, I just received a contract to fly by Olu'um, even though I just managed to get into orbit of Gaia. Just wanted to let you know, in case you want to fix it for tomorrow's update. I know you are doing this voluntarily. I understand if you don't fix it. Also, I saw an old post of yours saying you wanted people to send you screenshots of the mod if they had any good ones. I can send some, if you like. Let me know.

I usually confine screenshots to the Kopernicus Discord (linked in the OP) if you feel like sending some!

That contract bug was originally caused by defining custom Global Flight Index values. I don't do this anymore, and the bug has since gone away for me, at least - since I last did a career save before the update.

Nevertheless I shall have a look at that, thank you.

11 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Thanks.

The Kopernicus logs were the only logs I can find which is what i'm assuming you were asking for. Also note that Kopernicus was the only thing in the logs folder if you wondering.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17F82tsUm1a89fFAFLhZkhBKQbZ_0IzLX

EDIT: I seemed to have found out the problem. Awhile back because the game corrupted due to a mod issue, so itmade launch it in safe mode with almost no textures and the boot priorities seemed to have stayed even when I booted it in normal mode. Sorry if I wasted your time or anything. I can finally see the planets in there full glory!