[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

1 hour ago, Doctor_Vaseline said:

EDIT: I seemed to have found out the problem. Awhile back because the game corrupted due to a mod issue, so itmade launch it in safe mode with almost no textures and the boot priorities seemed to have stayed even when I booted it in normal mode. Sorry if I wasted your time or anything. I can finally see the planets in there full glory!

No worries!

Glad it's all sorted. Any bug report helps me learn from them. Well, most :P

Added some planetary information to the loading screen...

Update coming in 15 minutes.

Here's an example of the basic planetary information displayed for Thelai. Only some planets are currently loading screens - more coming soon!

Gl8LKSy.png

UPDATE 3.1!

Some terrain changes here.

Updated Kopernicus

Updated Scatterer

Fixed purple hue on every planet outside of Olu'um's SOI

Whitened Olu'um's light

Reworked Flak terrain

Corrected some terrain material tiling on some planets

Reworked Dread terrain

Reworked Olemut terrain

Fixed pixellation on Olemut and Dread

Updated biome maps for all tweaked planets

Corrected lumpy terrain on Volux and sharpened its mountains

Some "easter eggs" added

Performance fixes

New cloud detail texture

Fixed MANY bugs

Added new "thing" ;)

@Gameslinx

I have to say, now that the performance patch has come out, that you really have outdone yourself Gameslinx. This is top quality,  polished mod work here! Good Job!

I wanted to check in with you to see if this was an intended feature or a possible bug/oversight. Refer to the pictures and you'll see that over 400,000 Mm from the sun, it is still mega bright, not to mention my solar panels have 178% sun exposure all the way out there. Just thought I'd mention it, if it actually is a bug, then plz don't lose any sleep over it, the mod is in great shape and I'm quite satisfied!

Map View:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15SuZxrJPbxHa1RL8QqRkYolBlb_MVigE

Ship View:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHSybP8M-zsNw34VeD46vJ-_tJSxzZSm

2 hours ago, Chase842 said:

@Gameslinx

I have to say, now that the performance patch has come out, that you really have outdone yourself Gameslinx. This is top quality,  polished mod work here! Good Job!

I wanted to check in with you to see if this was an intended feature or a possible bug/oversight. Refer to the pictures and you'll see that over 400,000 Mm from the sun, it is still mega bright, not to mention my solar panels have 178% sun exposure all the way out there. Just thought I'd mention it, if it actually is a bug, then plz don't lose any sleep over it, the mod is in great shape and I'm quite satisfied!

Map View:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15SuZxrJPbxHa1RL8QqRkYolBlb_MVigE

Ship View:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHSybP8M-zsNw34VeD46vJ-_tJSxzZSm

That would likely be Olu'um acting on your solar panels :P

I believe there's a way to limit the solar panel distance curve - I'll need to check.

Thank you :)

Hi, It's me again

Sorry for making so many requests on page 69.

I got ahead of myself.

I originally wanted to ask if there was a way to get kerbin back since everything I tried failed.

Most of the request that I asked AI was able to accomplish on my own time. But is there a way to get kerbin back? 

Just now, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

But is there a way to get kerbin back? 

Again I don't really support people who do this...

But you need to first go into the GPO folder, find GPO.cfg (or one of the CFGs in there) and remove the line "!Body[Kerbin]"

Then, delete Gaia.cfg.

That should get kerbin back.

Just now, Gameslinx said:

Again I don't really support people who do this...

But you need to first go into the GPO folder, find GPO.cfg (or one of the CFGs in there) and remove the line "!Body[Kerbin]"

Then, delete Gaia.cfg.

That should get kerbin back.

Thanks, Hope I can get on better terms in the future. Keep up the good work.

1 minute ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Thanks, Hope I can get on better terms in the future. Keep up the good work.

You're definitely not on bad terms, I just frown upon those who try to mess with the mod without some experience themselves (I'm not saying you're inexperienced, this is a sweeping term) because usually I have to spend longer helping people do something the mod doesn't even do.

If you join our discord (linked in the OP) I assist anyone trying to do anything to the mod provided it is within reason (like this request)

Have a good one

Great mod(s), I had all three (GPO, AK, BK) installed in my last sandbox game (I may edited a few .cfg).
The problem: I switched to Linux and tried to do the same magic trick again and encounterd the pluginData (nonloading of Textures, ugly yellow planets) problem, fixed it for GPP and OPM and then found out none of your mods use pluginData. Any ideas? 

4 hours ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

Great mod(s), I had all three (GPO, AK, BK) installed in my last sandbox game (I may edited a few .cfg).
The problem: I switched to Linux and tried to do the same magic trick again and encounterd the pluginData (nonloading of Textures, ugly yellow planets) problem, fixed it for GPP and OPM and then found out none of your mods use pluginData. Any ideas? 

I'll be switching to PluginData after Kopernicus updates so that Mac and Linux users can also enjoy the mod :)

@Gameslinx

Hi, I'm not sure what is wrong with my instance, here are all the log files, please help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ginrcdob85eog5s/Logs.zip?dl=0

what I see is that at the start of the game kopernicus yells at me about not being able to load a star system, knowing that your mod is the only one i installed right now, it can't be any other mod so, I tried the versions from your zip file, still the same problem, not sure if sigma binary or any other mod related like that can be the reason or not though

ok, confirmed, something between @Sigma88 mods caused the problem, removing the whole sigma folder fixed the issue

Edited by Jiraiyah

1 minute ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Gameslinx

not sure if this was mentioned or a bug just i found, did you ever checked your mod with usage of fusebox it can't find Gaia

also, for some reason when you use mechjeb's ascent guide, it starts with an angel, normally it should face up !

HLNhI05oTfuEyb4TbIRhIg.png

uhhhh

Nothing i can do about that whatsoever. Also, in the mod files, Gaia is called "Kerbin". If you're trying to take off from Gaia, select Kerbin (or gaia. Whichever pops up)

Looks like a mechjeb issue if you ask me!

I'm getting the MechJeb issue too, but I know what it is. It's because unlike on Kerbin, on Gaia your space center is on a really high mountain. MechJeb has an altitude trigger as well as a speed trigger to start the gravity turn. In normal KSP your rocket starts its gravity turn either when your speed hits 100 mps or when your altitude hits 1000 meters. But the KSC while on Gaia is already over 5000 meters above sea level. So you've already passed the altitude trigger and that's why you launch at an immediate angle when using the Ascent Guidance. I corrected for this by adjusting the trigger altitude to something higher.

Just now, Brainpop14 said:

I'm getting the MechJeb issue too, but I know what it is. It's because unlike on Kerbin, on Gaia your space center is on a really high mountain. MechJeb has an altitude trigger as well as a speed trigger to start the gravity turn. In normal KSP your rocket starts its gravity turn either when your speed hits 100 mps or when your altitude hits 1000 meters. But the KSC while on Gaia is already over 5000 meters above sea level. So you've already passed the altitude trigger and that's why you launch at an immediate angle when using the Ascent Guidance. I corrected for this by adjusting the trigger altitude to something higher.

I gather that from this, it's fixable and definitely on the side of Mechjeb, meaning there's nothing i can/have to do.

Personally I never use Mechjeb so i have never encountered this issue. If you're looking for ascent paths, consider using GravityTurn, which has no issues with this mod at all.

Just now, Brainpop14 said:

Personally I started using MechJeb a few years ago and now I can't play without it.

I made the decision to never use it again mainly because with how I used it, it played the game for me.

I found it much more enjoyable to watch my crafts explode instead of run smoothly!