[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Another personal note. I've seen a lot of mods that replace the stock solar system and there's one thing that I've never seen anyone do with the new location of the space center, and it's something that I would love to see get done. Most people either keep the KSC on a coast like in the stock game or they put it on a mountain like in this one. Something I would really love to see is the KSC put in a nice valley. I know that could cause some problems for planes, but maybe put some more gentle slopes on the sides of the runway for easier takeoff sand landings. I would really love to see this because as I picture it in my mind I get a Star Wars vibe for some reason.

21 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Another personal note. I've seen a lot of mods that replace the stock solar system and there's one thing that I've never seen anyone do with the new location of the space center, and it's something that I would love to see get done. Most people either keep the KSC on a coast like in the stock game or they put it on a mountain like in this one. Something I would really love to see is the KSC put in a nice valley. I know that could cause some problems for planes, but maybe put some more gentle slopes on the sides of the runway for easier takeoff sand landings. I would really love to see this because as I picture it in my mind I get a Star Wars vibe for some reason.

Before Kerbin almost does this. KSC is on the coast but at the mouth of a valley.

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I made the decision to never use it again mainly because with how I used it, it played the game for me.

when you have an install with hundreds of planets (oh who would ever do that, i cant imagine someone so crazy) its kind of a necessity because lag :P

also lazy people like me be lazy

its like KER, [insert some mod that calculates maneuver nodes], and other stuff all in 1, so it doesnt have to play it for you unless you use it that way, and besides, it can take out a lot of the monotonous unenjoyable stuff like docking (unless docking is your cup of tea) and overall make your experience better :D

30 minutes ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

What planet mods do you use?

ahem

list incoming
Asclepius
AsteroidExpansion
ChaniPack
DeltaSigmaMods (Heidon)
Extrasolar
IA_Revived
ImperialPlanetPack
Jungis
KerbolOrigins
KPlus
Kronkus
GPO
OPM
PlanetCyran
PlanetPack_Farlo
Rictell
SaruPack
SPE
Spud
jool re-maker.cfg (is a custom file for my jool)

5 hours ago, Baleurion said:

Is there any way to get planetshine to work with this?

I don't support planet shine because the effect is barely noticeable and costs unnecessary amounts of FPS 

If you want to write configs for planetshine and release it as an add-on for GPO, by all means do!

Hi again. I have a question, does the new update cause any problems with existing saves? And if so, how can I save my progress?
Thanks
(P.S. I'm the same guy who asked about the fps and reported the Olu'um bugs. I changed my username.)

3 hours ago, talkItalk said:

Hi again. I have a question, does the new update cause any problems with existing saves? And if so, how can I save my progress?
Thanks
(P.S. I'm the same guy who asked about the fps and reported the Olu'um bugs. I changed my username.)

It shouldn't do...

There's a possibility that with the new moon it could cause an issue 

Let me know if you can :)

Planetshine was definetly noticeable on my end (it had configs where you could simply bump up the visibility of the effect), absolutely gorgeous to see the blue shine of the planet below, or the green glow of Jool in orbit. But either way, checked out your other 2 planet pack mods and my god i LOVE those Delta-V maps. Any chance this mod gets one too?

And any chance for a minimod that changes the KSC location to not be on a mountain (i like getting into orbit to be roughly as difficult as vanilla tbh)

Edited by Baleurion

4 hours ago, Baleurion said:

Any chance this mod gets one too?

It will!

4 hours ago, Baleurion said:

And any chance for a minimod that changes the KSC location to not be on a mountain (i like getting into orbit to be roughly as difficult as vanilla tbh)

I'm not sure. The difficulty is pretty much the same. I could do though.

Is anyone else having issues installing via ckan? Ckan lists scatterer, eve and obviously kopernicus as the dependencies...but the manual installation...contains a few more mods, Is there a reason why Texture manager is bundled?? isnt TRR the continuation of ATM? seems strange for a 1.3.1 release to still have that mod bundled together or am I just confused. I suppose Im asking for a bit of clarification on how to get this working...Do I need TRR? What about INSTANATOR? KS3P??

my crash log states kopernicus doesnt like  Olu'um. with a few EXC and ERR from TRR and INSTANATOR

log

Thanks

UPDATE: with a completely stock game on 1.3.1:1891. clicking GPO in CKAN and installing all given dependencies....breaks Kopernicus.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjOhSRn-M-XfjVKXOhHf2dDm_jZN heres a pic of the installation from ckan, showing versions and the max ksp version..Im no expert(it would be nice to know why TR is bundled instead of TRR) Im sure it must be for a reason. but if thats not breaking kopernicus..what is?

Again, this was with a stock install, nothing but the squad folder exists in GameData prior to installing via ckan per above linked pic.

Edited by Jesusthebird
uploaded crash log

On 2/9/2018 at 8:36 PM, Baleurion said:

Planetshine was definetly noticeable on my end (it had configs where you could simply bump up the visibility of the effect), absolutely gorgeous to see the blue shine of the planet below, or the green glow of Jool in orbit. But either way, checked out your other 2 planet pack mods and my god i LOVE those Delta-V maps. Any chance this mod gets one too?

I really love the way modders make the D-V maps look. I kinda wish there was a way to import them to a KSPedia entry like what GPP and OPM does with their planet descriptions. Or maybe just a tiny separate image viewer plugin for the tracking station. thinking out loud now :)

On 10/02/2018 at 8:31 PM, Jesusthebird said:

Is anyone else having issues installing via ckan? Ckan lists scatterer, eve and obviously kopernicus as the dependencies...but the manual installation...contains a few more mods, Is there a reason why Texture manager is bundled?? isnt TRR the continuation of ATM? seems strange for a 1.3.1 release to still have that mod bundled together or am I just confused. I suppose Im asking for a bit of clarification on how to get this working...Do I need TRR? What about INSTANATOR? KS3P??

my crash log states kopernicus doesnt like  Olu'um. with a few EXC and ERR from TRR and INSTANATOR

log

Thanks

UPDATE: with a completely stock game on 1.3.1:1891. clicking GPO in CKAN and installing all given dependencies....breaks Kopernicus.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjOhSRn-M-XfjVKXOhHf2dDm_jZN heres a pic of the installation from ckan, showing versions and the max ksp version..Im no expert(it would be nice to know why TR is bundled instead of TRR) Im sure it must be for a reason. but if thats not breaking kopernicus..what is?

Again, this was with a stock install, nothing but the squad folder exists in GameData prior to installing via ckan per above linked pic.

Kopernicus has updated and unfortunately, major changes to it mean that I need to update GPO again to adapt to its changes. For now, don't use CKAN to install GPO. You'll have to do it manually

However your bug report format was near perfection. Thank you!

Edited by Gameslinx

25 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Kopernicus has updated and unfortunately, major changes to it mean that I need to update GPO again to adapt to its changes. For now, don't use CKAN to install GPO. You'll have to do it manually

However your bug report format was near perfection. Thank you!

thanks I appreciate that! and thanks for the update regarding kopernicus. Still banging my head about TR tho :wink:, I can uninstall from ckan once GPO is installed and replace it with TRR. Is that mod..."backwards compatible" so to speak? Will your future update be bundled with TRR instead?

12 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

thanks I appreciate that! and thanks for the update regarding kopernicus. Still banging my head about TR tho :wink:, I can uninstall from ckan once GPO is installed and replace it with TRR. Is that mod..."backwards compatible" so to speak? Will your future update be bundled with TRR instead?

The folder is called TextureReplacer and it still works, however yes I will update to TRR in good time. For now, the TR in the mod download should work perfectly!

I recall you planning to make Niebos a desert body, before that was reverted and Dreidos put in instead.

I'm pretty sure there's a bug here, with a simple fix: isn't Niebos supposed to support air-breathing engines, since it has oxygen? Yet the config file for Niebos states  'oxygen = false' despite a commented out line stating 22% O2 on Niebos.

5 hours ago, IontopiaLabs said:

I'm pretty sure there's a bug here, with a simple fix: isn't Niebos supposed to support air-breathing engines, since it has oxygen? Yet the config file for Niebos states  'oxygen = false' despite a commented out line stating 22% O2 on Niebos.

Oxygen will be re-enabled on Niebos when I come home from my break.

6 hours ago, alphaprior said:

Ah please update it soon as after the Kopernicus update I'm stuck to stock system.

I mean, you can install it manually without any problems...? CKAN messes it up every single time.

5 hours ago, alphaprior said:

Manual installation failed game crashed. I moved all files to GameData except TextureReplacer cause it's incompatible with KSP 1.3.1 I use TextureReplacerReplaced instead.
I don't know if that was the cause but once I removed GPO game worked fine.

TextureReplacer is incompatible with KSP 1.3.1, but the version that I distribute in the mod download works fine.

cjOhLb4.png

KSP 1.3.1, TR installed, using GPO. Works fine.

Can you send me a screenshot of your gamedata folder along with your KSP.log and Kopernicus.log please.

6 hours ago, alphaprior said:

At the moment Kopernicus gives me a compatibility error with your mod.

This is because Kopernicus updated.

And I say an awful lot that CKAN is terrible with planet mods and messes up the GPO installation every single time. Manual all the way.

However I am looking into fixing up the CKAN script so that it install properly - I did not write the script.

Edited by Gameslinx