[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

1 hour ago, A Rabid Dingo said:

So I've been doing all sorts of exploration and probing and found something.

Hide contents

05,94,BUTAI

That is so cool. I'm launching a probe to investigate now.

The little things... The little things :P 

Arrived at Tetra and now prepping for landing and taking in the view.

laKcZmb.png

Also is it just me or are all the bright areas glowing a little too bright? They seem to be creating a bright bloom around themselves. Is anyone else seeing it or just me? I've never seen it until this new update.

ns4hX73.png

Landed on Tetra and the bloom is a lot more noticeable here. Also, it still seems really hot here.

CIPprXr.png

Perhaps we can safely bake our pizza out here. Next stop, Telos! Also, someone please try to figure out what's causing that bright bloom.

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Landed on Tetra and the bloom is a lot more noticeable here. Also, it still seems really hot here.

You can turn down the in-flight bloom in the KS3P config if you do not like it.

16 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Ok, how do I do that?

In the KS3P folder in GameData there will be a config.cfg file. Open it with notepad or notepad++, scroll down to the "flight scene" node and lower the intensity and radius for bloom.

I'll be doing this myself in a near update, as i think it is also excessive

21 minutes ago, Wolves_Hero said:

I tried on 1.4.1 but don't work because outdated on Kopernicus, only loading screen worked. I go rollback to 1.3.1 worked well just wait update for 1.4.1.

There may be a GPO update before Kopernicus 1.4.1 is released.

There also may not be one.

3 hours ago, rukhafi said:

Respect for you Gameslinx! I want to ask question. There are dark flat areas on Gaia in the latitude range 55-75 degrees between water and ice caps. What is this, the former seabed? Or some bug?

I'll investigate. Got a longitude value or is it everywhere?

Gaia may be getting redone for 1.4's update, so it may be worth waiting until then for me to fix it

18 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'll investigate. Got a longitude value or is it everywhere?

Gaia may be getting redone for 1.4's update, so it may be worth waiting until then for me to fix it

it's everythere in both hemisphere. moreover, in the map view mode, the dark area is not visible. the dark areas have altitude 15m, absolutely flat and seems like a uncovered seabed. it's even interesting, as though the story is that the ocean has become shallow, receded from the shore and bare the seabed. at that this area very convenient for placing objects from the kerbal konstruct mod and i have already placed there runway launchsites. so that your fix will break my save :D

but it's more likely a bug i guess. cause there is no biome "the uncovered seabed" or something similar

7 hours ago, rukhafi said:

it's everythere in both hemisphere. moreover, in the map view mode, the dark area is not visible. the dark areas have altitude 15m, absolutely flat and seems like a uncovered seabed. it's even interesting, as though the story is that the ocean has become shallow, receded from the shore and bare the seabed. at that this area very convenient for placing objects from the kerbal konstruct mod and i have already placed there runway launchsites. so that your fix will break my save :D

but it's more likely a bug i guess. cause there is no biome "the uncovered seabed" or something similar

Yup, i'm getting the problem too.

This must have been present for months and nobody has brought it up - thank you :P 

Shall fix for the next update

Gameslinx, how do you get excellent optimization with clouds and scatterer? even in the jet's flight i have stable 30-40 fps on Gaia, at the start 40-60. On Kerbin with other visual enhancements (for example, SVE) it's only 15-30 fps. Why don't you make yours visual enhancements for Kerbin with really good optimization? :D
And for some reason I don't see the lights of cities on Gaia

5 hours ago, rukhafi said:

Gameslinx, how do you get excellent optimization with clouds and scatterer? even in the jet's flight i have stable 30-40 fps on Gaia, at the start 40-60. On Kerbin with other visual enhancements (for example, SVE) it's only 15-30 fps. Why don't you make yours visual enhancements for Kerbin with really good optimization? :D
And for some reason I don't see the lights of cities on Gaia

City lights are not on Gaia because I chose to not make them :P

Optimisation? I use a smaller area and a larger cloud size so that less items are rendered.

On 11/03/2018 at 11:27 AM, A Rabid Dingo said:

Scatterer can't find the sunflare for Olu'um or the Sun,

This has now been fixed as it was an issue for CKAN users to not receive the sunflares as scatterer is split into two parts on Ckan (for some ungodly reason).

I know this isn't yet rated for 1.4.1, but I decided to try and give it a spin anyway (downloaded from CKAN, because I'm lazy). Yet, upon loading, everything was the same as before I installed this. Same Kerbin, same Kerbol system. Did I miss something? Is this expected on 1.4.1? Should I just wait for a 1.4.1 release, or try and get this working anyway?

2 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Is this expected on 1.4.1? Should I just wait for a 1.4.1 release, or try and get this working anyway?

Don't use 1.4.1, it doesn't work. If I could update the mod, I would have done it by now.

You'll have to wait for Kopernicus 1.4.1

18 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

what do you mean by that? The hologram thing sure doesn't change to reflect the planet you are near to.

That's what I thought, as well as being a Death Star joke.

Argggh, I thought you'd come up with something utterly genius. No way to do something like the way RPM and Vessel Viewer Continued work together?

Still, what you have is gorgeous.

Edited by FleshJeb

5 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

That's what I thought, as well as being a Death Star joke.

Argggh, I thought you'd come up with something utterly genius. No way to do something like the way RPM and Vessel Viewer Continued work together?

Still, what you have is gorgeous.

well thats nerteas stuff, so :P