[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

On 4/12/2018 at 2:22 AM, Gameslinx said:

GPO does work on 1.4 if you update the respective dependencies :wink:

(Install as normal just without KS3P)

Doesn't work for me, I get same bug I had last time I tried.   "Argument is out of range."    Doesn't let me quick save, recover vessel or exit game.   I have to close game, out of  the game.      

3 hours ago, Red Thought said:

Doesn't work for me, I get same bug I had last time I tried.   "Argument is out of range."    Doesn't let me quick save, recover vessel or exit game.   I have to close game, out of  the game.      

Works for me, and all I did was update the respective dependencies. Anyhow - 1.4 update coming soon as KS3P has updated.

46 minutes ago, Barar said:

@Gameslinx

So I downloaded this from SpaceDock - Gameslinx.s.Planet.Overhaul.3.3.1 and it looks pretty awesome so far.

You did mention you updated CTTP, so I took a look. Found an error or two. Here is a text file with the errors.

GPO Error

The SpaceDock page was deleted earlier today. From the version tag I believe you downloaded from Github anyway, so that's fine.

Thanks for pointing out the missing DDS extensions. I was lazy and did a find-and-replace for the commonly used textures. Some were left out. I'll fix those for the final 1.3.1 and first 1.4.2 update. The ring capitalisation shall also be fixed. Water textures will also use DDS.

Cheers!

Hi,

So I have a couple of ideas for GPO, plus what happened With GPP? I actually saw your stuff in every KSP modding website and GPP didn't appear.

Also your planet packs are really cool!

Edit: GPP is gameslinx's planet pack

Edited by HolyJebediah
Missing Stuff

5 hours ago, HolyJebediah said:

Hi,

So I have a couple of ideas for GPO, plus what happened With GPP? I actually saw your stuff in every KSP modding website and GPP didn't appear.

Also your planet packs are really cool!

Edit: GPP is gameslinx's planet pack

Gameslinx's Planet Pack = Gameslinxs Planet Overhaul

I changed the name from GPP to GPO because Galileo's Planet Pack shares the same acronym.

Hey Gameslinx, love the pack and just grabbed it after searching for a pack other than GPP.  I am concerned about the Resources though as I like using Scansat and MKS exc.  Do the custom resources generate, or will we need to wait till you update them?  I mean if your going to update them. Man if this has been asked recently or answered, I am sorry, the search function doesn't help much and I did read quite a few pages before deciding to ask.

Thx man, as I have said to this great modding community many many times, if it wasn't for you guys, KSP would be long dead by now.

5 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

I am concerned about the Resources though as I like using Scansat and MKS exc

There are no resource configs as of yet because it stops Kerbnet from working. As far as I am aware, the resources still generate (just not confined to the boundaries of a config)

5 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

if it wasn't for you guys, KSP would be long dead by now.

I fear that you are closer to the truth than you think :P 

Do we have an estimate on when the update will be finished? In the meantime, the refit of our ship is coming along very nicely. Here's a little sneak peak

Spoiler

tglSZKB.png

There are already so many new features and contributors that I can't name them all. I hope the update gets here soon so we can put this beautiful ship to good use.

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Do we have an estimate on when the update will be finished?

Once KS3P has better support for custom configs

(And when Instantiator is updated to 1.4.2 along with the removal of its Example Config, otherwise CKAN will hate me even more)

On 4/19/2018 at 1:57 PM, Gameslinx said:

Once KS3P has better support for custom configs

(And when Instantiator is updated to 1.4.2 along with the removal of its Example Config, otherwise CKAN will hate me even more)

I tried KS3P by itself earlier, and.. well, it was kinda terrible under 1.4.2. VERY blurry. I figured out how to turn it on and off, and cycle through configs, but it didn't seem to change much when trying to cycle, and overall, it was just bad. Had to uninstall it.

Hopefully you can get it working better with some custom configs.. but at the same time, I wouldn't wait forever. Some mods never get updated, and I'd rather see your mod out for 1.4.x, rather than having to wait for pretty bloom lighting effects. :) 

7 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Hopefully you can get it working better with some custom configs.. but at the same time, I wouldn't wait forever. Some mods never get updated, and I'd rather see your mod out for 1.4.x, rather than having to wait for pretty bloom lighting effects. :) 

KS3P is (definitely) updating for 1.4. I hate how blurry and bloomy and eye killing it is by default which is why I am waiting fot custom config support. I'm also now waiting for 1.4.3 to drop since squad hates us this update. 

The main reason I haven't updated because of two mods is because I don't want to mess with the CKAN config, then have to revert my changes.

But, since 1.4.3 is just around the corner, I won't officially update for 1.4.2.

PS, GPO works on 1.4.2 as long as you download the proper dependencies.

17 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

KS3P is (definitely) updating for 1.4. I hate how blurry and bloomy and eye killing it is by default which is why I am waiting fot custom config support. I'm also now waiting for 1.4.3 to drop since squad hates us this update. 

The main reason I haven't updated because of two mods is because I don't want to mess with the CKAN config, then have to revert my changes.

But, since 1.4.3 is just around the corner, I won't officially update for 1.4.2.

PS, GPO works on 1.4.2 as long as you download the proper dependencies.

I'm a bit eager to try it out, but I've been holding off, since (despite the problems) I like 1.4.x. Did you mention somewhere up above what we need to make GPO work on 1.4.2? I might have missed it.

I'll admit I'm a lazy bum and use CKAN, but mostly because there's several sets of mods I just love, and having to manually keep them all up to date, even with KSP version checker, is a huge pain. KSP really needs a proper, official mod management system. Something like CKAN, but built into the game. Keeps track of versions, updates when new versions of mods comes out, etc.

19 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I'm a bit eager to try it out, but I've been holding off, since (despite the problems) I like 1.4.x. Did you mention somewhere up above what we need to make GPO work on 1.4.2? I might have missed it

Download:

All for 1.4.2:
	- Kopernicus (comes with MFI and MM, install both)
	- CTTP (community terrain texture pack)
	- Scatterer
	- Environmental Visual Enhancements
	- Instantiator (delete exampleConfig.cfg from Instantiator folder)
	- Sigma Replacements - Skybox
	- The actual GPO folder

Install to GameData

Sidenote: Just updated the readme to send you to CTTP 1.0.3. Terrain textures should work correctly if you now use this.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, Gameslinx said:

There are no resource configs as of yet because it stops Kerbnet from working. As far as I am aware, the resources still generate (just not confined to the boundaries of a config)

I fear that you are closer to the truth than you think :P 

I really, I mean really needed to get a new planet pack.  I'm not gonna say to much, but GPP has reached its end for me.  Resources are critical for me, I need to be able to use ScanSat and hunt down resources so it gives me reason to make bases and outposts on different planets.  Please bud,  create them for your pack.  I have tried but every time it becomes a complete failure, well not a complete one, but yeah.  I know this is just another request from some random community member, but I think it would add a lot of value to your pack.

Thx again for your work.

39 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

Please bud,  create them for your pack

Download an older version of GPO, try version 2.0 (anything before 3 probably) and you can find the resources.cfg there.

I removed it because it caused kerbnet bugs, and the game generates them randomly anyway