[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

On 4/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, Gameslinx said:

Download an older version of GPO, try version 2.0 (anything before 3 probably) and you can find the resources.cfg there.

I removed it because it caused kerbnet bugs, and the game generates them randomly anyway

Yeah I tried to play with the current version and it basically spammed a standard ratio of most resources over the entire planet.  All those resources were exactly the same as far as complete planet coverage.  To bad it has conflicts with Kerbnet.  Thx man for answering, will download and older version for the resource files. 

edit: Tried looking for an older version, github only took me to the previous versions of 3.0, don't suppose you have a link to the older versions?

Edited by ArkaelDren

12 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

Tried looking for an older version, github only took me to the previous versions of 3.0, don't suppose you have a link to the older versions?

My bad, I forgot i removed the Spacedock download. Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp9z2qe462t8997/GPO Resources.zip?dl=0

Instructions: Extract contents of ZIP to GPO/Configs

59 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

Real quick question Linx, I cant seem to find any ground clutter.  Settings are all correct, every mod and function is working..... just no ground clutter?

You mean trees and rocks?

I don't put these in my configs yet as I don't use them myself, nor do that many people (as it heavily impacts performance). These may come some time later.

16 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I don't put these in my configs yet as I don't use them myself, nor do that many people (as it heavily impacts performance). These may come some time later.

Oh man  ;.;;.;;.;   I do so much rover exploration and base set ups that I just love ground clutter.  It breaks up the long trips doing the "Megellan" routine.  I guess I can scavenge some from other packs and try to figure out how to make it happen.  I think I am going to try and record some missions in the bad A$$ vehicles I make,  in an attempt to inspire you to make em.  I really have tried to learn how to do this stuff over the last 6-7 years but I have only made it so far.  I build LSA airplanes for the bored and wealthy with my Brother,  its a "Hands on" kinda deal with intricate prints/fabrication.  Computer stuff has come much harder, worse now that I'm damn old.  My over sharing Quota for the month..... :cool:

Thx Linx, loving the pack.

21 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I don't put these in my configs yet as I don't use them myself, nor do that many people (as it heavily impacts performance). 

You really believe many people don’t use them?

SVT is used A LOT and improves performance. It raises the scatter amount, provides higher res textures, and enables colliders on all objects that aren’t grass. So I would suggest taking a look at it. 

Not having boulders, trees and grass is depriving users and yourself from an immersive experience in my opinion. I’m kind of surprised you don’t have them in your planet packs :/ 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Not having boulders, trees and grass is depriving users and yourself from an immersive experience in my opinion. I’m kind of surprised you don’t have them in your planet packs :/ 

Hm, maybe I'll add them sooner rather than later, then

Creating my own terrain textures and eventually adding scatters are both something I should work on sooner rather than later. I've had a dislike for the scatters for a while as I remember turning them off improved my performance personally, but I guess that might not have been the cause. Cheers

4 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Is this compatible with Kerbol origins.

Probably not. GPO fills the higher orbits with bodies so it's very likely that orbits and SOIs will come too close or overlap. GPO should not be used with any other plant pack that adds planets to the stock solar system.

Well, tried the trick to get the 1.3 GPO pack to work on 1.4 and I think I borked it up. What I saw looks really nice but I can't access any buildings at the KSC. This is why I'm not allowed to rig mods unsupervised. Guess I'm back to waiting for the official 1.4 release.

48 minutes ago, Update Guy said:

Well, tried the trick to get the 1.3 GPO pack to work on 1.4 and I think I borked it up. What I saw looks really nice but I can't access any buildings at the KSC. This is why I'm not allowed to rig mods unsupervised. Guess I'm back to waiting for the official 1.4 release.

1.4.3 release is tekkin some time. I've noticed a performance decrease across the board and I'm wondering if Squad messed something up because they've changed "something" in the PQS but all they said in the patch notes was unintelligible and irrelevant jargon 

1 hour ago, Iso-Polaris said:

GPO V3.3.1

The colour data for Gol in the config is inconsistent with which on the Biome map png file

Already fixed in my devbuild, thanks

Edited by Gameslinx

3 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I've noticed a massive performance issue in the orbital map view. Is that suppose to happen?

All the orbit lines are shown to the player on entry to the tracking station/first map view opening. This appears to make me lag a fair bit until the lines disappear again. I'll ask Thomas