[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

CKAN lists the same version that you have on the original post here. I think it's 3.3.1. I did some looking and that version should be compatible with 1.4.2, right?

So far, after uninstalling OPM, everything seems to work fine. Any problems I should look out for?

6 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

CKAN lists the same version that you have on the original post here. I think it's 3.3.1. I did some looking and that version should be compatible with 1.4.2, right?

So far, after uninstalling OPM, everything seems to work fine. Any problems I should look out for?

No, if you want GPO to work on 1.4.2 you must use the github download link which is on the OP. You shouldn't have to look out for any problems, but let me know if you encounter any

Okay. As I said, the CKAN version seems to be working fine. I know CKAN can cause a lot of problems, but so far it works. Should I uninstall and reinstall from GitHub? Any reason why the CKAN one won't work?

1 minute ago, AmpCat said:

Okay. As I said, the CKAN version seems to be working fine. I know CKAN can cause a lot of problems, but so far it works. Should I uninstall and reinstall from GitHub? Any reason why the CKAN one won't work?

There is a newer version of GPO on the github, marked as a 1.4.x pre-release. The version CKAN uses is 2 versions older. It's possible that both work for 1.4.x, but the CKAN version wasn't built to run on 1.4.x whereas the newer versions were.

3 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

I’m not even trying to run GPO on the newer versions. I’m waiting for an official update to the mod. Then I can update the rest of my game.

Sounds good. I'm in the middle of exams so... Not that much is being done, to be honest! (I have a week's break between them, that's when my mods will update)

4 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

That is beautiful! Wait until my crew sees it! Also we still need a name for our ship. If anyone has any ideas I’m listening.

Still up for some change. I'm currently debating whether to keep the hole in the centre of the disk or have it wrap around the star completely

I am installing this alongside OPM, Arkas, Kerbol Origins, Extrasolar, Other Worlds, and Sentar expantion (with hyperedit because i think orbits might cross) for SOOOOOOOO many places to visit. This will never get boring.

Oh, and BTW, can you add major Muns to Neibos and Dreidos and I prefer Niebetos to Nievis.

@Gameslinx

Spoiler

I prefer yo old profile pic. :D

On 5/15/2018 at 2:52 PM, Gameslinx said:

wUxWzgx.png

PRETTY! @The Minmus Derp

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

I am installing this alongside OPM, Arkas, Kerbol Origins, Extrasolar, Other Worlds, and Sentar expantion (with hyperedit because i think orbits might cross) for SOOOOOOOO many places to visit. This will never get boring.

*internal screaming* I don't think they'll be compatible! The visuals, if the planets somehow are.

Also the Dos' won't be getting major moons, but I will be overhauling dreidiss because that thing has ISSUES

Hi Gamelinx i downloaded this planet pack off ckan about a month ago and i am in love with this pack. I have a few questions 1. How do i turn down texture value on the planets (already playing on eighth resolution textures and see little/no change) because i plan on making big crafts for colonization and bases and want the best FPS possible 2.what planets in the pack have oxygenated atmospheres as i want to send an SSTO to explore 3. Do you have a higher quality delta v map available 4. Is there normally a few minute waiting time between the game finished loading everything and the transition to the start menu

Edited by JinxerH
Extra question

3 hours ago, JinxerH said:

Hi Gamelinx i downloaded this planet pack off ckan about a month ago and i am in love with this pack. I have a few questions 1. How do i turn down texture value on the planets (already playing on eighth resolution textures and see little/no change) because i plan on making big crafts for colonization and bases and want the best FPS possible 2.what planets in the pack have oxygenated atmospheres as i want to send an SSTO to explore 3. Do you have a higher quality delta v map available 4. Is there normally a few minute waiting time between the game finished loading everything and the transition to the start menu

Howdy. :) 

1. Beyond the texture quality setting (which will likely save you some CPU, I have my doubts about RAM), there's nothing that can be done. Since colonization is your thing you're going to lose FPS anyway. Colonization means high part counts and converter modules everywhere, especially once you start gathering base sections in a given place. If you're trying to run any visual mods, I'll simply say "Don't try it. Remove them all." Sadly, I must assume your gaming machine is an old laptop.
  2. I'll leave that for Gameslinx to answer, if he decides it isn't spoiler for you....but for a handful of them you can tell by just looking at them in the Tracking Station. ;) 
  3. Yeah Gameslinx! We want 4K deltaV maps rofl!
  4. This is normal when you have several parts mods and lots of IVAs. Planet mods add to this too, especially when their ScaledSpace cache files don't exist yet and are being generated.

5 hours ago, JinxerH said:

How do i turn down texture value on the planets

This will NOT save you any performance except RAM. To get higher FPS, you will need to remove any visual mods. 

what planets in the pack have oxygenated atmospheres

Gaia (home), Niebos, Dreidos, Sonus, Telos

Do you have a higher quality delta v map available

The deltaV map is already in 8k. Are you clicking on the image preview to expand the size of it? It's definitely readable and if anything it's too high a quality.

Is there normally a few minute waiting time between the game finished loading everything and the transition to the start menu

Takes me 48 seconds with just GPO installed, but it depends on your system performance. More mods = longer loading time.

Thanks for the responce. I have just landed on niebos with an SSTO that has air breathing engines and intakes but it just says "no resource available" even though it worked fine on Gaia and im just wondering if this is a glitch or if im dumb

2 hours ago, JinxerH said:

Thanks for the responce. I have just landed on niebos with an SSTO that has air breathing engines and intakes but it just says "no resource available" even though it worked fine on Gaia and im just wondering if this is a glitch or if im dumb

Sounds like a bug. Niebos is breathable, and has been for a few versions. I remember making it breathable. I'll fix that 

Thanks. i just changed it to breathable using hyperedit for now. Also i noticed that on lowest terrain quality setting  part of the runway was under the ground and destroyed any crafts when i tried to launch from it

17 minutes ago, JinxerH said:

Thanks. i just changed it to breathable using hyperedit for now. Also i noticed that on lowest terrain quality setting  part of the runway was under the ground and destroyed any crafts when i tried to launch from it

Yeah. Don't lower the quality settings, as it doesn't save any CPU usage. (Or, if it does, it's barely anything). Lowering the texture quality lowers the quality of the heightmap too, which results in the planet's terrain changing.

Edited by Gameslinx

I plan on including your mod in a sort of go-between for planet packs  that moves stuff around to make sure no orbits cross. @Gameslinx thank you! This mod inspired me to make interesting Planet packs case in point: Mummus looks like Gol, Ridga KINDA Looks like minmus, Kohd looks kinda like old olu’um

From OPM-E

Minmus means Gullis

On 5/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

Oh, and BTW, can you add major Muns to Neibos and Dreidos and I prefer Niebetos to Nievis.

@Gameslinx

Reveal hidden contents

I prefer yo old profile pic. :D

PRETTY! @The Minmus Derp

Also GPP secondary

PS sorry for the long post

On 4/22/2018 at 10:04 PM, Brainpop14 said:

While we wait for the update the refit of our ship is nearly done.

https://m.imgur.com/tglSZKB

One of the last things we need is a name for it. Somebody please help me come up with a good name for this ship. Once we have a name for this then we can make it official. Thanks everyone!

Name? KSS Perseverance

@Gameslinx I went with the github version and all is good. I've noticed two little things so far:

• Would be nice to switch launch sites with the new stock launch site switcher they added in 1.4
  • The first sort of 'fly by the mun' mission is instead of being Gol or something, I got one for Olu'um. That's a bit far for my first fly-by mission.

Otherwise it's loads of fun!