[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

30 minutes ago, JinxerH said:

Looks like im going to have to postpone the colonization for Niebos. Well then off to Olu'um!

Niebos' atmosphere now contains oxygen again for the new update

I had to completely redo Niebos' scatterer atmosphere because it was way too bright, had issues transitioning to its scaled version and the clouds were a horrible blood red colour at night, which has now been toned down a fair bit.

The general colour of the atmosphere has been preserved, but it's been darkened from orbit along with its config points adjusted

15 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I can't fix this. I've done everything. The contract system just isn't very good so you'll have to ignore it

Any ideas on how to allow for picking other launch pads?

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Niebos' atmosphere now contains oxygen again for the new update

I had to completely redo Niebos' scatterer atmosphere because it was way too bright, had issues transitioning to its scaled version and the clouds were a horrible blood red colour at night, which has now been toned down a fair bit.

The general colour of the atmosphere has been preserved, but it's been darkened from orbit along with its config points adjusted

Oh, I also noticed Gaia's atmosphere has a stark transition from blue to black space, making a distinct line as you leave the atmosphere.. not a smooth fade to black like Kerbin.

45 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Oh, I also noticed Gaia's atmosphere has a stark transition from blue to black space, making a distinct line as you leave the atmosphere.. not a smooth fade to black like Kerbin.

Yep. Fixed already :)

7 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Any ideas on how to allow for picking other launch pads?

Not sure if that's even possible in the stock game...? 

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yep. Fixed already :)

Not sure if that's even possible in the stock game...? 

That is a feature in 1.4.2 (maybe earlier?) there's a little drop down under the 'launch' button in the VAB, letting you pick one of three launch sites.

10 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

That is a feature in 1.4.2 (maybe earlier?) there's a little drop down under the 'launch' button in the VAB, letting you pick one of three launch sites.

Ah. I'll need to somehow make areas for all those launch sites...

1 hour ago, AmpCat said:

They are showing up on the globe of Gaia, but i haven't gone to see what's there at the markers on the map.

Likely either a raise or depression in the terrain which looks weird as i haven't adjusted the sites at all, except KSC.

20 minutes ago, JinxerH said:

When will this update be available for CKAN 

I'm aiming for some time this weekend/monday, but due to my exams it could be later than that.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, baconfortress said:

Getting ready to get my science and exploration started, beginning with Gaia and its moons, saving oluum and its stuff for last

Figured id link the space station orbiting gaia Im gonna use as a base of operations. Love this mod!

vPJz8yT.jpg

wow amazing, those things attached, are they shuttles? They look really futuristic! Can I have the craft file?

I'm looking at the delta-V map and the original post, and trying to find some information on where the boundary between high/low orbit and atmospheres are.. or is that something to discover through experimentation?

42 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I'm looking at the delta-V map and the original post, and trying to find some information on where the boundary between high/low orbit and atmospheres are.. or is that something to discover through experimentation?

That information can be found in the tracking station. Planetary information is displayed there.

Just now, Gameslinx said:

That information can be found in the tracking station. Planetary information is displayed there.

Sweet!

Man, this mod is a ton of fun. Nightmare is officially my favorite moon. So far. Looks so much like a real moon, despite the strange shape. And it is a nightmare to try and get a good orbit around without crashing into it.

The flare from the sun makes it look beautiful, and coming in to land off the equator, the rings in the sky are just amazing.

Need a launch site off the equator! See if you can get that desert site from KSP in a nice desert area on Gaia! (if there are any)

Oh, interesting note about the desert launch site on Kerbin. It's located just right to send you into the correct orbital plane for Minmus, if you time it right. Maybe a similar setup on Gaia might work?

7 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Nightmare is officially my favorite moon.

It appears to be everyone's favourite moon :P

8 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Maybe a similar setup on Gaia might work?

I'll give it a go, it doesn't seem hard to figure out - do you know what Latitude it's at?

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

It appears to be everyone's favourite moon :P

I'll give it a go, it doesn't seem hard to figure out - do you know what Latitude it's at?

I think I read it's at 6 degrees? Scott Manly talked about it in a recent video. It's the same inclination as Minmus' orbital inclination. It's actually the ... Dessert runway. Cause you can go there to the dessert moon, Minmus.

So, match its latitude with Gullis' inclination, perhaps?

1 minute ago, AmpCat said:

So, match its latitude with Gullis' inclination, perhaps?

That was the plan - a prograde burn from that latitude when launching at the correct time of day would align you with Gullis' plane

On 5/18/2018 at 9:29 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

Why? I LOVE It. @Gameslinx

There are some issues with the current version of Niebos that I don't like. Its terrain needs an update, since it's been around since last year and I don't like the appearance of it