[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

20 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Oh, you've mentioned a few updates in the past few days. You're waiting to push these changes to the public, I presume?

Yeah, i've finished with Niebos and Nievis, i'm now fixing bugs on Telos 

sjmKeUp.png

5 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

Can you send me the orbit data of your planets in a txt file? I want to make Kerbol Origins compatible with your work.

Well, every planet and their orbital characteristics?

40 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Could you please add moons to Thelai? Such pretty rings with gaps can only be caused by either shepherd moons or large moons in resonance. @Gameslinx 

Hmm

Man, Telos and Olei are beautiful. One of the things I love about Nightmare is the texture and color of the surface makes it look so real. Mun and Minmus always seemed fairly cartoony (which may have entirely been the point). Can't wait to get out further and see some of the other planets and moons!

I'm planning a trip to Olei right now, actually. Now I'm sad that my Olei won't be as pretty. ;.;

6 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Mun and Minmus always seemed fairly cartoony

Well here's the new Mun:

jksTnRO.png

Minmus is difficult to do, since it has to look very smooth. I may need to do quite some changes to it for it to look effective...

I like the red 'eye' effect looking up at the new Mun, with the molten circle tidally locked to face the planet. You can see the red staring at you from the surface. I love looking up at the sky and seeing 3 moons, and usually even the 2 little smaller moons orbiting them.

I was more referring to the stock moons looking too cartoony. I think yours are much improved.. though Minmus didn't seem a lot different. A little, but not a lot. I've not been out there to explore yet. That'll be the next trip.

9 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I was more referring to the stock moons looking too cartoony. I think yours are much improved.. though Minmus didn't seem a lot different. A little, but not a lot. I've not been out there to explore yet. That'll be the next trip.

I've revisited Minmus a little bit. I've preserved its flats but changed up its mountains a bit. Yes, it is quite different to the stock minmus, but I like it

Zn7qJy5.png

20 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I've revisited Minmus a little bit. I've preserved its flats but changed up its mountains a bit. Yes, it is quite different to the stock minmus, but I like it

Zn7qJy5.png

This looks a LOT better, and like more reasonable model of a real moon. The problem with too cartoony (like the stock moons) is that they sort of halt the illusion of seeing an alien world. Your moons seem just real enough to make me feel like I'm actually exploring a strange new place.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to the official update.

And here's the finished product!

unknown.png

No update for a bit. I feel like I should get a good deal of these terrain textures finished, so a couple more days sounds adequate.

But hey. Lava glows in the dark now.

TwdhvTM.png

I think i should probably evacuate some of my bases then on Gol and Gullis incase they get destroyed in the new terrain. Also will any orbiting stations be affected by the changes?

Edited by JinxerH

18 minutes ago, JinxerH said:

I think i shouldd probably evacuate some of my bases then on Gol and Gullis incase they get destroyed in the new terrain. Also will any orbiting stations be affected by the changes?

No orbits will be affected.

Surface bases on Gol, Gullis, Niebos, Nievis, Telos and Olei will be affected

Well, I didn't make it to Gullis. Got stuck rescuing some Kerbals from orbit around Nightmare and Olemut. Needed to make some cash for R&D upgrades. I need to take some pictures; but the view from Olemut while looking up at Gaia with the rings arching across space, Olei in the forground, and Gol in the background with its glowing red eye, was truly amazing.