[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

22 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

sandycolored. Also, has real big rings.

boi have you seen dreidos

22 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Where did Dusk go?

Removed as it was a very bad planet and eve didn't need another moon. It was removed long, long ago

Quick questions:

1. Does KS3P work properly with the latest version yet? I noticed some haze/glow on your shots of Gullis, and I wasn't sure if there was a light atmosphere on the planet now, or if it's glow from KS3P
  2. Does Gullis have a very thin atmosphere at all? Might be kind of neat on dusty, low gravity planets to have an 'atmosphere' that's just suspended dust, that's been kicked up from micro-asteroids or whatever.

3 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Quick questions:

1. Does KS3P work properly with the latest version yet? I noticed some haze/glow on your shots of Gullis, and I wasn't sure if there was a light atmosphere on the planet now, or if it's glow from KS3P
  2. Does Gullis have a very thin atmosphere at all? Might be kind of neat on dusty, low gravity planets to have an 'atmosphere' that's just suspended dust, that's been kicked up from micro-asteroids or whatever.

Nope. The author of ks3p just had his finals as well and hasn't been able to update it. The haze is done through a solid, hazy EVE cloud layer so it looks like minmus is reflecting light.

Gullis has no atmosphere, but it has a dust layer

On 5/25/2018 at 1:16 AM, Gameslinx said:

Nope. The author of ks3p just had his finals as well and hasn't been able to update it. The haze is done through a solid, hazy EVE cloud layer so it looks like minmus is reflecting light.

Gullis has no atmosphere, but it has a dust layer

Nice!

Also, I just found a mod called Spectra, which does a lot of visual enhancements to planets. Seems you've done a lot of similar ones, but I was wondering if you knew how that mod and yours interact, and if they would work together or cause issues.

55 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Nice!

Also, I just found a mod called Spectra, which does a lot of visual enhancements to planets. Seems you've done a lot of similar ones, but I was wondering if you knew how that mod and yours interact, and if they would work together or cause issues.

I actually got permission from @Avera9eJoe to use Spectra's Kerbin scatterer atmosphere on Gaia!

Unfortunately spectra is for the stock planets and so it is not compatible with GPO (yet). I provide my own visuals for the stock planets to make up for this, though.

Hello again gamelinx, another question,  was about to update from ksp 1.3.1 to 1.4 but checking CKAN for what mods would work i saw that this mod and instantiator was 1.3.1 and i was wondering what would happen if i did update, would it work fine or break KSP

13 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I actually got permission from @Avera9eJoe to use Spectra's Kerbin scatterer atmosphere on Gaia!

Unfortunately spectra is for the stock planets and so it is not compatible with GPO (yet). I provide my own visuals for the stock planets to make up for this, though.

Yeah, I figured it would apply to the stock planets you left in, and you could fill in your planets. It has some nice effects that I wanted to see.

7 hours ago, JinxerH said:

Hello again gamelinx, another question,  was about to update from ksp 1.3.1 to 1.4 but checking CKAN for what mods would work i saw that this mod and instantiator was 1.3.1 and i was wondering what would happen if i did update, would it work fine or break KSP

GPO technically works on 1.4.x but I don't yet support it. Instantiator works too.

Just wait for the official update

1 hour ago, JinxerH said:

Are you planning to update to 1.4 with this next big update? And what would happen if i did update or would it just stay the same

I am planning on updating this new version to both 1.4 (as the main release) and 1.3.1. And if you update you will get the above, if you read the last few pages